B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 5

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I am at the computer. MSNBC is calling for a landslide for Lon cheaney. I am not stupid, and I am, for the time being a republican. I did not see it that way at all. It looked a bit rigged but, We all die in the end. wingohockingmoyamensing it. (keep in mind, I am listening as I typed that last sentence).

We where behind 9-11.

Ban me, If need be.

Yes, it was even. But you had a real nice guy on the right side of your screen, and this very scarey dude with horns behind his ears on the left.

Re the vaccine - if it only goes to the elderly and children, then the boomers - read ss recipients of the next twenty years - will have a higher death rate. I think it is intentional.

These guys are both slimy weasels.

Nothing good is going to come from any of this.

Youngest daughter's 8th grade Social Studies class is covering the election in school. One assignment she had was to hear who Mom and Dad would vote for and why. I hearkened back to my school daze and learning about how America was created: the passionate debate among folks with strong convictions who nonetheless would listen to a dissenting point of view. Hell, one could even imagine a well-reasoned argument changing a previously-held belief.

Sadly, none of that happens in politics in our country today.

Machinehead posted a piece a few months ago regarding his participation in politics and how it led him to become bitter and disillusioned after learning how the system really works. Wish I saved it because it was his usual concise but illuminating commentary.

My daughter learned that Dad is voting "against" the current gang of idiots because although he doesn't like the alternative offered in this contest, he can't bear to think of where "staying the course" will bring us.

:(

As I am at the computer. MSNBC is calling for a landslide for Lon cheaney. I am not stupid, and I am, for the time being a republican. I did not see it that way at all. It looked a bit rigged but, We all die in the end. wingohockingmoyamensing it. (keep in mind, I am listening as I typed that last sentence).

We where behind 9-11.

Ban me, If need be.

TE, you know I understand your views.

There appears to be WHOLE HUGE TOPICS that we cant talk about in our nation,

its not just this board.

I thought that Edwards won the debate because he was not afraid to address

each question that was raised.

Cheney ducked the questions a couple times.

It will be interesting to see how things are evaluated by the FACT CHECKERS

because Cheney said the same lies he has said all along.

I think they are so ingrained into people's minds that they don't even see the lies,

but Edwards did try to emphasize some of the key ones.

Actually, I was disappointed in the VP because I had expected him to be more

spirited. I don't think he wanted to be there any more than Bush did.

TE: Whoa there partner! Edwards could have killed Dickless Cheney, but he didn't even try. This is getting almost too strange to believe. I just expected much more from edwards tonight. Gravitas or the lack thereof comes to mind.

The illuminati will decide, as they did in 2000. I stand by my statement, As an american.

We where behind 9-11.

Ban me, If need be.

TE, you know I understand your views.

There appears to be WHOLE HUGE TOPICS that we cant talk about in our nation,

its not just this board.

I thought that Edwards won the debate because he was not afraid to address

each question that was raised.

Cheney ducked the questions a couple times.

It will be interesting to see how things are evaluated by the FACT CHECKERS

because Cheney said the same lies he has said all along.

I think they are so ingrained into people's minds that they don't even see the lies,

but Edwards did try to emphasize some of the key ones.

Actually, I was disappointed in the VP because I had expected him to be more

spirited. I don't think he wanted to be there any more than Bush did.

The reason why it was a sit down debate is because cheney might have another coronary if he stayed vertical too long.

The fact that when Edwards was givin the open concerning the health of the VP, and he didn't take the stab, It caused me to question everything. ( not that I havn't before) But, more so now. I don't trust anything but price. As long as price exsists.

Dusty I disagree with you on this one and agree with END. Edwards did a good job against an old pro who took some that opened up the scar tissue. This may surprise you but I have some respect for Cheney. Not for his draconian views but for his teflon ability to deflect responsibility. The Guy lives in the Cold War past and his Gravitas comes from his being Merlin to the Idiot prince well Merlin got clocked which means the Idiot Prince is on his own. Friday should mean another giant ball squeeze. Do you like that Shrub?? :)

Archived