Extra Cash, This Week Only

Extra Cash for Bills and Stocks, Not for Notes

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, September 9, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Treasury auctions have seen record or near record bid/cover ratios this week, thanks in part to $16 billion in bill paydowns. That cash also boosted stocks. But longer term Treasuries sagged as the market faces the settlement of $55 billion of new intermediate and long term supply on Monday 9/14. Indirect bidding was a little weaker this week, resuming a trend that began more than a month ago. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have unemployment numbers tomorrow at 8:30, so be ready.

Which ones, I can never keep track? The prelim August I suppose.

The pivot for this phase of the rally was set by the blow out terrible June UE number announced early July. Since that number is unlikely to be duplicated ever unless there is an economic equivalent of an asteroid strike the UE "number" has lost all meaning as it will always be "better" than something.

There are probably a few good ways to frame a criticism of such an article but the best way is to criticize how the arguments in the article itself are framed.

_______________________________________________________________________________I_________I__________

_______

If that line represents all possible economic models Krugman describes a universe between the little uprights and implies there s nothing outside them, or nothing worth discussing. What he leaves out is what everyone leaves out. The role of debt, and really the very nature of debt. Debt for the 2000 years of what even our patriots call Western Civilization was treated as something to be avoided if not scored. Embraced mostly only by those on the make. Now debt is understood as somewhere between benign if not an absolute good and everyone knows its endless expansion is an existential necessity. Which is why Krugman whose political prejudices match my own is afraid if not unable to look past the walls.

Fixed income still flying,now up 26 of the last 27 days.....

Lauched 20% of the trading portfolio this morning,did 20% just over a week ago.Still holding 60% for the time being.I will be seilling more soon but as the NAV's have rallied hard,and the underlying discount on the funds has actually increased.In other words,I expect the Muni closed end funds to keep moving up to catch up to the NAV's.....I will,as usual,be selling WAY too EARLY!

Not taking too many chances though,some of the funds are not as liquid as I would like. :blink:

Clams

KeyRect!

Sep 10 8:30 AM Initial Claims 09/05 - -565K -560K -570K -

Sep 10 8:30 AM Trade Balance Jul - NA NA NA -

Sep 10 8:30 AM Continuing Claims 09/29 - 6150K 6200K 6234K -

Sep 10 8:30 AM Trade Balance Jul - -25.5B -27.3B -27.0B -

Sep 10 1:00 PM Crude Inventories 09/04 - NA NA -372K

There are probably a few good ways to frame a criticism of such an article but the best way is to criticize how the arguments in the article itself are framed.

_______________________________________________________________________________I_________I__________

_______

If that line represents all possible economic models Krugman describes a universe between the little uprights and implies there s nothing outside them, or nothing worth discussing. What he leaves out is what everyone leaves out. The role of debt, and really the very nature of debt. Debt for the 2000 years of what even our patriots call Western Civilization was treated as something to be avoided if not scored. Embraced mostly only by those on the make. Now debt is understood as somewhere between benign if not an absolute good and everyone knows its endless expansion is an existential necessity. Which is why Krugman whose political prejudices match my own is afraid if not unable to look past the walls.

Why? Because he's an economist.

Despite all that the USA spends on health care

The mortality rate in this country is still 100%

It is a friggin' scam ...

We also have more fat, lazy, burger/shake/fries and "what have you done for me lately" citizenry than any other country.

Until Uncle Sugar pulls the plug on everything, making Joe sweat for his 6P, the demographic is the main problem with health care statistics.

This I know, if you're acutely sick in America, you'll get better care that anywhere else, across the board. If you're less than acutely ill, it is a cryin' shame.

Despite all that the USA spends on health care

The mortality rate in this country is still 100%

It is a friggin' scam ...

We also have more fat, lazy, burger/shake/fries and "what have you done for me lately" citizenry than any other country.

Until Uncle Sugar pulls the plug on everything, making Joe sweat for his 6P, the demographic is the main problem with health care statistics.

This I know, if you're acutely sick in America, you'll get better care that anywhere else, across the board. If you're less than acutely ill, it is a cryin' shame.

I live in northwest Ohio and, let me tell you, it is a shame how many overweight/obese people there are around here. Nearly every day I travel to a local strip mall just down the road and it is a rarity to find a skinny person, especially women, walking up to the stores. For the past few weeks, whenever my dad and I cruise through there, we count the skinny ladies to fat ladies. As a result, there has been an average ratio of about 8 fatties to 1 skinny. Also, many of the fatties are quite large and have difficulty even lumbering up to the store fronts. It is quite a shame. I have nothing against overweight people, but come on, for your own sakes, take care of yourself. You will live longer and feel much, much better and stay out of the hospitals

By Gawd, the President is widing up his big speech, is gonna drive the money changers out, stop corruption and

special interests, and is calling for the ghost of BIG TEDDY who is flying about the Congressional Chamber

(with Mary Joe Kopechne and Satan hot on his tail with pitch forks and brimstone) in the wrap up. Nancy Pelosi is looking weepy eyed and its a great Gawd dam moment.

Whut's that he sayin, "Ask not what your country can do for you, I have a dream!"

I want to go vote again!

Barack says he is shocked, shocked I tell you, that there is corruption in DC and he is gonna clean it up

with the passing of his New Bull... er Bill.

Let it be written, let it be dun! :rolleyes:

Archived