Gem

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT, but real quick, I would like to thank yobob for taking the time to host his forum. IT was much appreciated and very insightful. Doc: if you have the means, please extend much tanks to yobob. ( I could not find his email address)

Thanks for the nice picture, Rock! Do you use the red crossover as a trigger?

Regarding the TICK and TRIN charts I post.

I dont have any "set" triggers. Its subjective.

The solid white lines are used to simply denote the zero level (for TICK) and 1.0 (for TRIN).

Dashed red is -300, solid red is -600 for TICK.

Dashed green is +300, solid green +600 for TICK.

The cyan colored line is a 20 period moving average.

We have discussed how to use TICK and TRIN until its dead. Some people like it, some dont. You have to pick your own "triggers" for its usage. I simply post the charts because some still use TICK and TRIN and not all platforms can chart them.

Two rumors making the rounds today.

1) IBM is pricing a spot secondary. Seems possible. They put out a large shelf. They have announced $3B in pension fund financing requirements & $3B in acquisition costs all during the quarter.

2) One of the reasons O'Neill was replaced is to reinstate the 30yr. Sounds possible.

And who was the first chairman of the SEC?  The number one plunger and manipulator of the era.  As it has been, so shall it be.  :grin:

And there was much precedent in that. After all, what did they do with a number of the biggest desperados in the Old West? Pinned marshal's badges on them!

So true Bearman, the 3 yr hope sustain is incredible. Must be an all time record. Just a reflection of the monster 5 year H&S pattern in S&P500. Once we fade away from it for good its going to be unbelievable.

5 years of smart money slowly exiting and greater-fool sucker money still coming in.

MASSIVE

Guest The CoinGuy

Fart,

I was looking for 120 on the hooey, or at least 321 on the contract to add. If we don't get it, I'll sit on my cash. Too scared to short any of the miners, too volatile here...

Side note: Just got done talking to my broker, he said they're having a tough time finding shares to short, and it's been a problem for some time, BUT it's getting worse. Liked the cliff dive on FRX.

TCG

asa is also a closed end fund. At - 9.45% , I assume that's a discount, but don't know.

It's discount, alright - but the number is bogus. You're probably getting the information from this site. Note that it says 0.00 for "market price". Well, I'll "buy" ASA for $0.00 any time - unfortunately, my broker seems to want more for some reason. ;) And, if the market price is wrong, the discount/premium computation is obviously bogus, too.

I also don't trust the NAV quoted there.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived