World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Murky marinade

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

A bearish day for All Ords with the index closing -1%.  IT -2.5% headed the list followed by Gold -1.8% and Consumer Staples/Healthcare -1.5%.

Over in Asia, Nikkers down the most, -2.4%, Honkers -0.8%, India -0.5% and China -0.2%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

one eye on the dollar

one eye on the stock "market"

my other eye is spying the beautiful spring day out there

All this mess boils down to a single term, debt. US debt dominates and US debt is for better or worse denominated in US dollars.  This is was and will always be why the FED Engineering will ultimately fail.  As long as there are US dollars everyday the increase in US dollar short position mounts (think interest on debt).  Kind of like a black hole FED will not be able to achieve escape velocity.

All this mess boils down to a single term, debt. US debt dominates and US debt is for better or worse denominated in US dollars.  This is was and will always be why the FED Engineering will ultimately fail.  As long as there are US dollars everyday the increase in US dollar short position mounts (think interest on debt).  Kind of like a black hole FED will not be able to achieve escape velocity.

i don't think i'm smart enought to understand that

i just see the whole wide world shorting long term treasuries and long the dollar

and now the rest of the world is sick and tired of the us warmongering and reserve currency exploitation and are cutting deals to trade without usd

seems like a great recipe for a little explosion

it would just blow a lot of peoples minds to see treasuries rally while the dollar tanks

everybody says thats impossible

Archived