The Great Spectacle

Futures at night are noise, messes with your mind and your gut feelings. :wink2: News is noise. anal cyst's spewage is noise. Foreign markets are noise, with one exception. The FTSE. It has some history of leading our markets by a few days.

It is best to keep all emotions out of trading lest you get stopped out a lot. Getting stopped out doesn't make me any money. Therefore, I like setting stops based on TA, and my stops are mental stops. Hard stops are just asking to be gunned by the MM's.

I post my charts because I enjoy it. If you don't agree with my views, please ignore them. I may be wrong, but at least you have a chart to make your own decision by or make your gut feel all warm and fuzzy. :grin: Holding for the long term is ok, but why unnecessarily give up a whole days gains when the TA charts said to set stops. Doesn't make any sense to me. You all "may be right, I may be crazy, but it may just be a lunatic you're lookin for." To borrow words from Billy Joel.

Good night all and may Al's magic wand be broken tomorrow.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drech:

You are imposing an ONEROUS CONDITION PRECEDENT upon HRFF:

"BARE

Without being flippant would you please comment on Abe lincolns suspension of the Writ of Habeus Corpus and place it and W's speech on a scalo of 1 to 10 "

Without being WHAT??? LMAZZOFF

Well, they are/were BOTH REPUBLICANS!!!

(That's the PAUL LYNN response mechanism.)

this is a long post. U DID ask. Y'all have been WARNED.

Bush is a literal mental midget compared to Lincoln. However, WHEN we get going in Iraq and Saddam unleashes his unimaginably horrific Pandora's Box Bush's powers of suspending rights will make Abe's look like kid's stuff/a PIKER.

Oratorically speaking, when ranged against the likes of the shade of Abe Lincoln, The Shrub is at or below ZERO. He's a YALIE, FURst of all. HRFF WARNED YOU IN ADVANCE ABOUT THE ABSOLUTE FOLLY OF HAVING A YALIE CALLING THE SHOTS, let alone an ACADEMIC HACK like The Shrub. Well, here we are, and what are we about to DO? TOLD YA!

The notion of Bush delivering anything that comes within light years of the Gettysburg Address is UDDERLY, wildly, laughable. Unless, of course, the tragedy he is about to initiate sobers him.

Lincoln didn't start the Civil War our nation's GREATEST TRAUMA up until....NOW? Habeus corpus suspension occurred in a climate of intense strain and drama.

The Shrub is about to start something he thinks he can "manage". HRFF thinks that's faintly ridiculous if not UDDERly idiotic and events will soon spiral wildly out of control, and FUR the worse. Hopefully The BARE doesn't know what he's talking about, but he still thinks that's what is going to happen. And that unimaginably large nos of people will die as a result. He even wonders if Israel will survive this one, just to cite an example.

HRFF doesn't expect tens of thousands of Yankee dead in the ME. He does in N KOREA, however. We may get both, if Iraq spirals out of control or bogs down into a brutal urban war. And he means American servicemen and women. He does expect both biological and nuclear weapons to be unleashed beFUR all is said and done. In one theater of war or the next/UDDER.

Ironically a neighbor left an old pile of THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF BOOKS downstairs ages ago and HRFF picked 'em up. He likes to read them whilst perched on Stool's favorite repository FUR one's posterior, the can. Ironically, he's reading a series of reviews of books on 'Nam. And the page is opened to the following:

"The 'weak link' in the war as it was fought, says Lind, was American public opinion: Americans are willing to spend money but not lives."

Bush has the simply insane notion that this war will be won at minimal cost of life. He might be right. He and his minions think we can bomb Iraq into the Stone Age with some latter-day Blitzkrieg and avoid a major urban conflict on the ground, that the populace will rally to our cause, that we can encircle oil fields the size of NJ and RI respectively, quickly before they can be destroyed, that neighbors with their ancient passions and hatreds, and a sea of Islamic/Arab sympathizers will remain conveniently and pliably quiescent and not become opportunistic in the chaos, that Saddam will not dare unleash his horrors or try to obliterate Israel, and that his regime will be toppled swiftly and that the Iraqi people will be cooperative for the planned "rebuilding" for years to come.

The range of assumption is mind boggling.

Something, somewhere, is going to go "HAYWIRE" in a HUGE way. And that may trigger the awesome emergency powers of our government during time of war. Make that "WILL", not "MAY".

THEN your habeus corpus comparison will be FUR too ironic.

The BARE just can't FURget that guy he saw on the plane in Oct of 2001 reading a manual about controlling civilian populations in time of bioterrorism. The following day the anthrax scare started, BTW. Suspension of civil liberties is coming. It's been a long, long time coming. And it'll be a long, long time gonnnnne.

And The Shrub will be doing a lot of it. This war will provide the scapegoat and the cover IF it is "manageable".

Of course that is just opinion. Maybe it will be over in three weeks (or even less - some say as little as 14 DAZE) the way the generals say it will. (The generals said that in August, 1914, too butt who's paying attention to HISTORY here?) And we can go back to investing in tech stocks, which Gene Inger says, are essential to our economic recovery.

LMAZZOFF

We have high hopes FUR this war. And hope, say the RUSSIANS, dies last. Never mind that lots of young Americans are probably going to die FURst if things don't quite work out.

That would bring that old sticky wicket of 'Nam like public opinion back - if suspension of civil liberties to fight bioterror doesn't stifle it, that is.

well if the BUCK is tanking overnight, this rally is DOA. Mr Magoo won't be able to do much FURlong about it, either.

MIKE DRAKULICH noted over on Crystal Ball SNOT 'long' (pardon the four letter word! LOL) ago that once the buck gets trending it carries a LOT FURther and harder than you'd ever believe.

Well, guyz, it's trending. So tonight's implosion ain't surprizin' and might 'splain some of what's happnin' on world bourses and the futures, too.

I just don't understand the level of hatred for our president that I see from some here. After the speech tonight, CBS found that 77% of the American people support the president's call for the use of armed force against Iraq. According to the Bush-haters here, those people are to be despised as well, mere robots. It kind of looks like everyone is out of step but the French, Germans and our elites and academics (90% of whom vote Democrat). The arguments against the president are shallow and often anti-American. Many are just plain dumb. For example, one poster here asserted the following:

"Bush has the simply insane notion that this war will be won at minimal cost of life. He might be right...."

If anyone can make anything out of that, please let me know.

This diatribe all the time against Bush bothers me too. I just have to take comfort in the fact this so called "mental midget" has enough intelligence to beat Gore, totally destroy the Democrat dynasty, pass a huge tax relief plan and generally implement his agenda without any credible opposition. I do believe Bush knows what the meaning of "is" is. Maybe he can't pronounce it but the meaning gets across.

I think Bush is doing fine. As long as people underrate him, he will continue to kick their butts.

As I continue to watch this tragic episode unfold I get the feeling that there is really nothing that can be done to stop the inevitable. Gore would have done no better. IG

I just don't understand the level of hatred for our president that I see from some here. After the speech tonight, CBS found that 77% of the American people support the president's call for the use of armed force against Iraq. According to the Bush-haters here, those people are to be despised as well, mere robots. It kind of looks like everyone is out of step but the French, Germans and our elites and academics (90% of whom vote Democrat). The arguments against the president are shallow and often anti-American. Many are just plain dumb. For example, one poster here asserted the following:

"Bush has the simply insane notion that this war will be won at minimal cost of life. He might be right...."

If anyone can make anything out of that, please let me know.

My beef with Bush as well as with almost all politicians who represent the ruling class elite, is their blatant dishonesty. If Bush were to stand up and just say that our economy is in the toilet and the only way out is to grab Saddam's oil, I'd have more respect for him. Instead, Bush just does the same old crap -- mislead and lie. It is all about saving his own political rear and keeping power, not what is necessarily good for the country and its people. War is always about power and money and Bush could give a crap about how many lives may be lost. Why anyone supports leaders such as this is beyond me.

We all have flaws in our perception of reality. My opinion is that anyone who spends time here reading and trying to understand the forces that control the markets is way above the average human. The average human is a complete idiot. Assemble a crowd of humans and you are asking for trouble. Americans are very average and very human.

I think many stoolies are rebels and you would likely see Gore getting blasted if he had won the election.

I wrote a letter to Clinton and asked him to resign. It looks like I'll be doing the same with Bush.

Archived