Yet Another Round Trip

Actually the % of the population hitting 65 begins blast off in 2005 12.5% now

21% by 2035 from what I have seen...

"Treasury Secretary: Social Security Has 'no Assets' By Jeannine Aversa Associated Press Writer Published: Jul 10, 2001

WASHINGTON (AP) - Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, responding to Democratic critics in Congress, said anew Tuesday the Social Security retirement program has no real assets and must be strengthened.

O'Neill's comments were similar to remarks he made in a June 19 speech to Wall Street and corporate executives in New York that promoted President Bush's plan to add private investment accounts to > Social Security. In that speech, O'Neill said "we have no assets" presently in the Social Security trust fund.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought 25 shares of RMBS the other day to get a feel for a mania stock.

Somehow RMBS patented air or it seems like it. The whole world is mad at them, at least the tech sector with court battles in progress or pending.

This is an idea on paper company where it just holds patents to license.

The runups on their file cabinet holdings is infamous.

Thought I'd play with something that makes no sense but makes cents.

I can't help but feel the pressure of the grand stupidity. When exactly do the the pension plans and the 401ks have to actually start funding retirements and become net sellers of the toilet papers. If indeed there is a baby boomer bulge which starts exiting then this is all a joke even to intellects such as Beavis & Butthead. It ain't gonna work. The earnings are leveraged to market through the pension plans which are going to have to sell to pay pensions. Who is dumb enough to think this could possibly work?

MP, I kid you not, I've actually seen several poodits on Crapvision claim that the boomer 401k liquidation/retirement fiasco will NEVER happen because the boomers are so well-off, they'll leave their equity holdings for their children in their will. And of course, the children won't liquidate either! I'm not making this up. I think it's in the party-line booklet.

TE-

That's what I'm leaning toward too... but I honestly don't know what to make of the market in the short-term. This market is like the last woman left at the bar on a night when you've been drinking heavily --- at first glance, it doesn't look nearly as ugly as it is.

My intermediate outlook hasn't changed since mid-January. Down down down. I'm just not sure what to make of the next two weeks.

and now....are oopy, goopy, and shmoopy bullish wedges? it's the exciting conclusion of....

The Three Wedges

where we left off....

the three wedges stared at their green rings and then looked at each other with wonderous looks and widening smiles. "hoorayyyyyy," they all yelled together. "we're bullish wedges! we're bullish wedges!"

and with that, oopy, goopy, and shmoopy scrambled down and went scampering off, as Great Grampa Wedge smiled after them with a big wedgie smile.

....but later that night, as Great Grampa Wedge was sitting at his computer - jiggling ice cubes in his quart glass of VO, ripping tubes of sticky icky icky, rocking the headphones with in the wake of poseidon, and sifting through a few charts - he began to have his doubts.

he looked around him at the little purple fingerprints on all the doorframes. then he looked back at the monitor and narrowed his eyes. then looked around once more.

and then the awful truth began to dawn on him.

"these little wedges aren't bullish wedges at all. Gramma's been leaving the icebox open again. these goddamned brats have been getting into the jam."

allthreeIb.gif

Oyster's crapeuro appearance must have been quite successful. U.S. futures fell off the cliff at about that time. Hope they stay there by open.

On the other hand, Europe is up this a.m. so far. ecch. Must be all that good news, like North Korea saying U.S. is about to attack, and Saddamn saying he won't accept exile.

Oooops, never mind. Just went back to check, and though DAX is now slightly down, FTSE and aptly-named CACa are still green, and U.S. futures are recovering. Bad news seemingly still is good news -- hey, HP beat by a penny, and that's all that matters!

With a lot of the dippers committed yesterday and the shorts blown out, today might be SG negative 6+% to the down side without bears ramping this thing up with short covering. Look at those futures go, absolutely amazing (all to the down side).

Do I dare to be so Bold--Here we go bears, here we go bears!!!

Oilman.

Archived