B4 The Bell - Friday

Guest Icky Twerp

There is no limit to the amount of Yen that the BOJ can create to buy dollars and then recycle those dollars back into treasuries.  There is no limit.

Eventually it will fail, but right now there is no limit.  More to the point, there is no way to predict when the will to create an unlimited amount of Yen will waver.

What if the yen becomes weaker than the dollar? If that happens, the BOJ does not have to buy US treasuries.

When the ECB tried to intervene to stop the fall of the euro, nobody thought the euro could be strong again. But then the euro bottomed at $0.82. And now it's back at $1.27.

It is like controlling the temperature of a shower. Right now, the water out of the Yen shower is too hot. So the BOJ is cranking up the cold water. But when the hot water in the pipeline has gone, the water will be too cold again.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have just given them the manufacturing and technology insights earned

over years of engineering innovation. It sucks. They de-value everything.

Innovators, and innovative products command a premium, everything else is commoditized. It has always been this way, and always will.

As Lee Iacocca once said, " you either lead, follow, or get out of the way". :P

Major Funeral Corporations Struggling

By ALAN SAYRE

NEW ORLEANS - For the big funeral home companies, death has not been a sure thing.

Once Wall Street darlings as they bought up scores of independent funeral homes, their acquisition sprees have turned into debt-ridden disasters. At the same time, consumers are looking at alternatives such as cremation and low-cost services, and people simply keep living longer.

http://newstribune.com/articles/2004/02/08...s/d80j8ni80.txt

The West is going to have to constantly watch its back. Those who are

teaching the Chinese how to master our invented technologies are digging

their own graves.

"To be truly modern one must become the ally of his grave diggers"

-- Milan Kundera

They are digging other peoples graves. The executives and senior managers who

make these decisions have already "made it", so to speak. They don?t think past their next bonus. In order to justify their pay they must increase profits. The simple, no brain approach is to move offshore.

Their pea-sized Harvard educated brains cant develop truly innovative ways to increase the bottom line, since they are focused on building their next holiday home and that uses all of their available bandwidth.

Edit: No offense to those fine Havard stoolies. For some reason the worse ones

float to the top.

MSNBC-has posted the full transcript of "Press the meat" and I gotta tell you Russert to his credit asked the tough questions, the rambling and vacuous answers by Shrub have to be read by all!? Please read the transcript and tell us what you think. ;)

I listened to the whole thing, and I can tell you that he came across as exhaustingly repetitive in his efforts to avoid answering the tough questions. What I can't figure out is why a respected journalist won't just continue to ask the same question until the weasel answers it, no matter who the weasel is.

He contradicted himself more than once, claimed that he never used the word "imminent" with respect to the threat posed by Iraq (unless of course one could deduce pending doom from his speech of last year in which he warned about the prospect of a "MUSHROOM CLOUD ABOVE A MAJOR US CITY" in the event we fail to act against Hussein)...and of course sees nothing wrong with waiting until after the election to release the intelligence report.

Before Bush was elected, he promised "No Nation Building or International Conquests" and that he would not use television as his own personal damage control soap box the way his predecessor did.

By the way...does anyone here know what the meaning of IS is?

I'd like to know the answer to this question:

"Is it possible that Vice President Cheney was privvy to more intelligence information than you ultimately received?"

Bush is on the defensive and there are cracks forming all around him.

This will take its toll on the Dollar's value.

When pressed by Russert as to whether he could categorically state that he would not cut taxes again in the face of these mounting defecits, Bush responded:

"I can't make a statement like that...we need all the tools at our disposal in the event the economy fails to recover."

That's funny...I thought it ALREADY DID !!!

Maybe the rest of the planet wasn't listening.

Reuters is running a front page story that is scary, the link is too long to post here so go to reuters and click on  "Arab newspaper says Al Qaeda has Ukrainian Nukes" Ouch!

LINK:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;j...storyID=4309124

Hopefully this is just more FUD to keep the masses in line. JIT for renewing the Patriot Act. God help us if its true.

Archived