The Roundtable Discussion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason we are so quiet is we are waiting for the other shoe to fall...

I am still waiting for the market to turn, yet it hasn't done so.

Wage deflation has started, housing deflation may or may not have started yet, the market is still way over valued.

Trailing Core Earnings of $18.48 gives us a P to E of 50.1. Granted, the September Core Earnings quarter has not been calculated yet.

Details here in Excel Format:

http://www.spglobal.com/earnings.html

IMHO, GE to announce that it has 300 billion in debt. Growth by debt expansion...amazing.

INTC is going to announce that they essentially are no longer a growth company. I can hear another HD coming on this one.

There is just not much to say...consumer spending will continue to slow.

How many of us have an extra boom box, an extra DVD player and an extra alarm clock in our closets? Many have extra TV's although HDTV should spark TV sales over the next 2-3 years. That is the only innovation left right now.

Nothing left to do but watch it all go down while sitting on the couch with a Corona in 1 hand and a bag of pop corn in the other.

If they can't break thru 931 on an hourly close tomorrow, we should go down from here. Notice the H&S on the 15 min. spx chart. It projects to 918ish. We might se abounce from there. For the record, i sold all calls at the time Doc and Curry(on his intraday site) said, THE HIGH. :grin: :wink2: bought at 915ish, so a little but, am now short with no straddle. It feels almost scary. :ph34r:

For what it's worth, I bought 20 Jan. condoms (DJVAL) for DOW 9K @ $.20 today in case ol' Andy Bryant has something good to say. I'm as long as they come on PM's, bearish as can be on the markets, but don't trust Intel or IBM to shoot straight. Likewise, Uncle Al ain't fooling around in his swan song. I will sell the calls into any 100+ move before Thursday and will eat them if we don't see it. Long on BGO, KGC, GG, CDE, GFI, GLG, DROOY and DCO ( not a PM). Good luck!

Looks to me like the boyz are in serious distribution mode. That means they've got to make her look good. It's the time of the year that new money is available. So they need to dress the pig up real nice. Lipstick, perfume, jewels no expense spared.

Note the difference between now and some of the insanity rallies we've seen. Those shot up so fast no one could get on board. This time they've slowed the pig down so that the suckers can jump on her bones. In due course they will have the customers hot and bothered. Then with one slimey hand on their short hairs they will give a mighty yank, flip the customers onto their stomachs and give them the steel shaft.

As it has ever been so shall it ever be.

Who keeps sending these idiots money.

From a FMR (Fidelity) 13G SEC filing for Micron on Friday.

"(a) Amount Beneficially Owned: 89,231,159

(B) Percent of Class: 14.747%"

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315...0021/filing.txt

Here's the amazing part. That 89.2 million shares, is up from 63.7 million on 10/31/02.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/Holdings.asp?sym...holdingssummary

The Nasdaq site hasn't been updated for the latest filings, so it shows the holding as of 10/31/02.

Hey Guys,

Well I'm thinking it's as good a time as any to go short here, although I'm not getting that same high confidence vibe from you gentlemen I was when I used Rydex to go long a few days ago.

What do you say Brian, Piles, End, Mark, is it a BEARX moment or time to damn thew torpedos with RYVNX?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Why does everyone think the average broker is out to get them. They are not. They are part of the 80-20 rule. In that most people are stoolpid, the 80%. The 20% are the smat guys who tell it like they see it. :wink2: I got to hand it to all of you who are still alive ($ wise) alot of do-it-yourselfers are dead.

Who keeps sending these idiots money.

From a FMR (Fidelity) 13G SEC filing for Micron on Friday.

" A: Amount Beneficially Owned: 89,231,159

B: Percent of Class: 14.747%"

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315...0021/filing.txt

Here's the amazing part. That 89.2 million shares, is up from 63.7 million on 10/31/02.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/Holdings.asp?sym...holdingssummary

The Nasdaq site hasn't been updated for the latest filings, so it shows the holding as of 10/31/02.

Fidelity bought 25.5 million shares of Micron during the 4th quarter.

I guess they just couldn't get enough of a company that hasn't posted a profit in 8 quarters.

I guess they just couldn't get enough of a company that has no cumulative profits for the last 6 years.

I guess they just couldn't get enough of a company that needs to do a secondary offering quite soon.

Who sends the idiots at Fido money?

Rich I'm with you. This is three days in a row of monster rallies off the open, followed by a drop back to unch, where the market stays for the balance of the day. Reminds me of the movie "Awakenings" where all the idiot-savants come back to life for a brief time, then fade back to their dull existence again after arousing much hope in bullish family members, etc. Anyway, sounds like well orchestrated distro to me. Short and not averse to getting shorter.

Archived