Pulmonary Edema

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there hasn't been an overload of reading this weekend already, I would like to suggest Ryan Henry's newsletter, obtainable by contacting him at [email protected]. He also posts on the public charts at stockcharts.com.

Here is the conclusion from this weekend's edition:

Once again, these are not your average extremes. These are unprecedented extremes that are being

reached, not only on the indicators I mention but on many others. I am of the belief that these

indicators have not lost the ability to do their job. If you choose to bet against them, best of luck. But

never in the history of the markets have such levels been sustainable, let alone the breeding ground

of a major up move. But once again, don?t take my word for it. Watch the key levels, have patience,

and prepare yourself for a fun month of action.

Very good reading imo, and currently still free.

MWH

This is an absolutely CRITICAL MUST READ by Steve Roach of MS re the dollar. This is the one tool left in the toolbox to bring recalcitrant trading partners to their knees. The only Q now, in HRFF's mind is, does a plunging dollar mean a higher or lower stock market here as this trend begins? BARE is certain this is what the policymakers want and why. Whether they encounter the LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES in implementing it, is, of course, a horse of anUDDER color!

http://www.morganstanley.com/GEFdata/diges...est-digest.html

You know DBS being the devils advocate is ok but don't reject out of hand what you don't understand-Astrology is a useful tool at SOME turning points,yes it can invert but in the crunch times of the market it has been usually accurate. Now you tend to pooh , pooh most t/a-which again is ok-but anytime you want to compare returns with END or Piles or myself let us know! Trade Safe!

Contrarian Chronicles

The dollar is on borrowed time

Expect a crisis of confidence when reality finally sinks in. It's the reason I think the place to be is in currencies that have lasted 5,000 years, can't be forged or rendered valueless by inflation: gold and silver.

By Bill Fleckenstein

. . . I believe that, in a social democracy with a fiat currency (like ours), all roads ultimately lead to inflation. And in fact, that is the story of all paper currency regimes. They all collapse.

The biggest bubble in the history of the world that we recently experienced was powered by the most incompetent and irresponsible Fed in history, along with the public's willingness to suspend disbelief. It was a state of mind as much as anything else. Folks believed in the existence of a "new era," in a Greenspan put, and in retiring early, and rich.

Techs as great investments? Hardly

Folks believed that the wonders of technology automatically meant that tech stocks were great investments. They even thought that two small pieces of paper were more valuable than one larger piece of paper, as they believed that stock splits meant stocks should go up -- though I don't suppose they expected to pay more for a pizza that was cut into eight slices than just four. In short, it was all about confidence and, ultimately, near-arrogance on the part of those involved.

Did anyone catch any articles in the last day or two regarding the Globex shutdown? What reason was given, etc.? If so, would you please post where this/these article/s are.

TIA

Da Mouse

UPDATE 2-CME index futures hit by Globex technical snag

Thu May 1, 2003 07:22 PM ET

(Updates, recasts throughout)

By Ros Krasny

CHICAGO, May 1 (Reuters) - The nation's largest futures exchange, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange CME.N , suffered an hours-long outage on Thursday on Globex, its electronic trading platform, shutting trading in some contracts.

The outage highlighted a big worry about moving to electronic trading from traditional open-outcry trading: system stability, or what happens when the networks fail.

A CME official said the outage was caused by problems with global network switches that route data from trading firms to Globex platform.

The outage halted trading in the popular E-Mini S&P 500 and E-Mini Nasdaq-100 futures, respectively No. 2 and No. 6 in traded futures volume in the United States last year.

The E-Mini contracts are traded only on Globex. The contracts are popular speculative and hedging vehicles for financial institutions and individual traders alike, and their shutdown had ripples across the U.S. stock market.

Problems were contained in part because dealers shifted orders to the CME's trading floor, where similar futures products are traded the old-fashioned way.

Most of the Globex platform was brought back online at 3:45 p.m. CDT (2045 GMT), but the E-Mini S&P 500 was still off-line at that point, the exchange official said.

The CME, the world's No. 2 futures exchange, last endured a major Globex outage on Sept. 20. But in that case, a two-hour early-morning shutdown was not seen as damaging as Thursday's lengthy outage through the heart of the trading day.

Latest-Dated May 1

Google News Search Results

Archived