B4 The Bell, Turdsday April 22

Yeah, that selloff late in the day Tuesday and early yesterday was a sucker punch to the shorts.

They got me.

I shorted ALTR and BRCM on the retracement.

But now I'm smarter.

I know "The Signature" of Leeson's Boner Blasts.

I covered immediately this morning, no loss.

Eff The Matrix.

Feels good now to know their game and be fast enough to get out of the way.

I'll wait for the next "5-Boner Days in a Row" and a couple absurd TRINs and the usual assorted +1200 TICK days, and then I'll reload.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah the ladies of perth i remember them well. ;)

Maybe I was one of them B4 ... :wink2:

Madame WH, moving as soon as I sell my house. I lobbed it on the market last w/e but I'm selling privately so may take a while. Have had one final offer but think I can do better.. Speaking of stagflation, I bought the current property in the mid 70s for $A14k, in fact the owners had withdrawn it from the market because they got tired of waiting for a buyer. Didn't have a clue then though so was just pure luck with the timing. Asking $330k now :)

Diet of worms can cure bowel disease

Regular doses of worms really do rid people of inflammatory bowel disease. The first trials of the treatment have been a success, and a drinkable concoction containing thousands of pig whipworm eggs could soon be launched in Europe.

At the moment the concoction cannot be stored for long, so doctors or hospitals would have to prepare fresh batches of the eggs for their patients. But a new German company called BioCure, whose sister company BioMonde sells leeches and maggots for treating wounds, hopes it will soon solve the storage problem.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/print.jsp?id=ns99994852

what a perfect microcosmic example of how fvucked up and over our society is.

OR we could eat correctly in the first place and not need to resort to ridiculous "solutions" such as this.

I will say goodnight stoolies with 1999 by da badass himself. PRINCE.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this

Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'

Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple

There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction

U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

I was dreamin' when I wrote this

So sue me if I go 2 fast

But life is just a party

And parties weren't meant 2 last

War is all around us

My mind says prepare 2 fight

So if I gotta die

I'm gonna listen 2 my body tonight

Yeah, they say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

Yeah

Lemme tell ya somethin'

If U didn't come 2 party

Don't bother knockin' on my door

I got a lion in my pocket

And baby he's ready 2 roar

Yeah, everybody's got a bomb

We could all die any day

But before I'll let that happen

I'll dance my life away

They say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

We're runnin' outta time

So tonight we gonna, we gonna (Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999)

Say it 1 more time

Two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

No, no

Alright, it's 1999

You say it, 1999

1999 don't stop, don't stop, say it 1 more time

Two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

Yeah, Yeah

Yeah, 1999 (1999)

Don'tcha wanna go (1999)

Don'tcha wanna go (1999)

We could all die any day (1999)

I don't wanna die

I'd rather dance

are you guys serious? the Fed's ONLY constituency nowadays is spread trading gamblers. And THEY are indeed the backbone of this so called "wealth-driven" economy, if they can be cajoled into borrwing and speculating in such a way that supports asset prices but not commod prices. So far, so good.

That's why they can't raise rates. Just because they can't come right out and say what I just said isn't their problem. The masses are too ill-informed to figure that out, and the media is too, or else is simply complicit in the scheme.

OR we could eat correctly in the first place and not need to resort to ridiculous "solutions" such as this.

Easier said than done when food is grown in mineral depleted soils and our bodies abosrb toxic levels of man-made chemicals (pesticides, prescription drugs, lead, mercury, etc.) daily.

bought 04/20/04 SPY 100 112.83

sold 04/22/04 SPY 100 114.00

Both the buy and sell were set to a dollar and a few pennies below the current price, and today a buck + few cents to pay the trading costs.

Ameriturd has broken their pre- and post- market hours trading on Island (now INET), but will place the order for you on the phone at the internet price.

point: When I called this morning, and asked for the sell to be put in at 114, the brokerage assistant was oozing his disbelief that I would want a price in the 'wrong' direction. He even told me the current bid/ask and asked if I was sure $114. I would have moved to a 28 cent trailing stop, but was away all day.

I called tonight on the phone while traveling, got one of the brokerage assistants, inquired of the SPY price (3-4 minutes before their limit of 6pm ET). When he said last was 112.50 and gave me the bid/ask I asked the size and was astounded to hear 10,000 on the sell side (where I wanted to short). I told him nevermind. Every time I short at close and there are 5-digit sell orders I get screwed, so I didn't do the short. 10,000 spoos, a Million bucks worth.

all cash again. I want to trade 1000 lots, but have to conserve capital until the trend is our friend 'down' keeps going for a two week or so period. else, just swinging with the market.

spoo futures +3.30 at this time

Easier said than done when food is grown in mineral depleted soils and our bodies abosrb toxic levels of man-made chemicals (pesticides, prescription drugs, lead, mercury, etc.) daily.

it's a market economy Stained. If people would demand healthy food so they could live healthy lives, the things you refer to would change. But it's much easier to believe there's a bizarre miracle cure out there. Personal responsibility is an onerous thing.

Impressive bullish reversal today. About as impressive as Tuesday's bearish reversal, I would say. B)

Since Mercury went retrograde a cuppla weeks ago, I have watched my portfolio shrink by 4 percent (give or take -- I'm not looking today <_< ) so I may seriously regret not buying today's reversal (Qs up big AH as I write this). BUT, all signs point to a top tomorrow.

Fib day number 34 coming up and down trendline intersecting with the 1144-45 resistance level. Most bears contrite (including yours truly) and BDK all puffed up once again. All good signs for the bears.

Problem I see is that too many folks gaming the same resistance level so I would expect some sort of head fake to enrich da boyz and make chumps outa the rest of us. Especially with Merc retro in force another week. Good luck to all navigating this MF...

End, what's Curry saying?

SJ,

No inconsistency with me mate. I'm all puffed into May. -:)

I hope you are not *hoping* that Friday points to a top. Besides what does it matter what Curry says anyway :D

we will c

it's a market economy Stained. If people would demand healthy food so they could live healthy lives, the things you refer to would change.

That's some idealized world you live in. It probably takes four generations for society as a whole to understand a macro problem like we're discusing and then agree on a solution. What "free market" do we choose from in the meantime?

The concept of a "free market" is a dangerous one, IMO. People who promote "free market" solutions often become unwitting bidders for the ruling class.

I hope you are not *hoping* that Friday points to a top.

Indeed I am, BDK. Doesn't mean I'll close my eyes and place a bet on that hope, though. But I'm postioned for a decline so of course I'm hoping a top is imminent.

Besides what does it matter what Curry says anyway  :D

Markets are cyclical and some do better in certain markets than others do and vice versa. The End tells us Curry is on fire right now. B)

it's a market economy Stained. If people would demand healthy food so they could live healthy lives, the things you refer to would change.

That's some idealized world you live in. It probably takes four generations for society as a whole to understand a macro problem like we're discusing and then agree on a solution. What "free market" do we choose from in the meantime?

The concept of a "free market" is a dangerous one, IMO. People who promote "free market" solutions often become unwitting bidders for the ruling class.

just take that ball and run with it Stained.

Yeah, that selloff late in the day Tuesday and early yesterday was a sucker punch to the shorts.

They got me.

I shorted ALTR and BRCM on the retracement.

But now I'm smarter.

I know "The Signature" of Leeson's Boner Blasts.

I covered immediately this morning, no loss.

Eff The Matrix.

Feels good now to know their game and be fast enough to get out of the way.

I'll wait for the next "5-Boner Days in a Row" and a couple absurd TRINs and the usual assorted +1200 TICK days, and then I'll reload.

Could not agree more Mark,

I am tired of warning against all the technical mumbo jumbo we see at these points. Think like a stupid bull and dont become a slaughtered bear is what I say. These maniacs will run up this POS to 11K by next week if you let them.

We may c 1135 on Friday then a positive close is what I think. If that is the case buy the hell outa the futures aftermarket on Friday as only a nuclear device over NY city will stop the bulliots from 'running' the futures on Monday Morning.

God help us if we close over 1144 and WE WILL on Friday or Monday !

THINK LIKE A BULLIOT NOT A Stanford Engineering, Phd.. it is the way of human nature...a run 'head burried' to the Niagra Cliff edge.

we will c

Stain you are right about Mineral depleted soil-my Family have taken a raft of anti-oxidents since they were old enough to burp. As to Windows I was taught by a master and adapted the rest to suit me. Aussie Bear-cudda been-it was a hell of a year-1964 to be exact. ;)

Archived