B4 The Bell Election Day November 2

Dozer , I believe someone last night was advising you to correct Mrs Dozer's

FIRING POSITION.

Well you can of coarse do as you see fit.

BUT

Personally I am not at this time CORRECTING Mrs Farmer's shoting position

as my lane to the road is 350 yards long.

AND if there is even the slightest chance I may ever have to run that

I may need her accuracy off just that little bit.

LOL :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Farmer !! :D

It's really good to hear from ya! I was worried you were gone too.

How's sask ? You have snow there yet?

Down to 30 here last night....-bitterly- cold.... :P :P

Really is good to see ya Farmer...and I'll seriously consider your sage advice... :lol:

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no greater evidence that the end is nigh when the Dow races upward and the Trannies implode-the classic Divergence is at hand! ;) Window at the top of the hour for a full hour and it should be down-Buckle up!

now your talkin :P

can always count on you to defend the Bear! thats a good thing!

There is no greater evidence that the end is nigh when the Dow races upward and the Trannies implode-the classic Divergence is at hand! ;) Window at the top of the hour for a full hour and it should be down-Buckle up!

B4 How true

Just went 200% short the RUT

Playing stops very loose above 600 and will let this trade breathe.

Blatant bullshit manipulation as usual

After today hopefully this pos TANKS.

Bullishness on the stool is at ATHs

Place your bets.

If I get taken out of this trade I will be going into permanent hibernation at Mount Metals.

Some things in life just aint worth it..

LLD, right on the money. Calculus just posted in IDS, and I happened to see an HT quote in his sig that is just SO perfectly accurate and succinct:

"When that bell rings every morning it is the beginning of a crime spree, nothing more..." - HyperTiger

man, what a classic line!

I was just finishing reading the end of last night's M2M, and saw Hoofgrinds post...

""

I think gold will be significantly higher in 3 months time as I do not believe investors are properly discounting the demand shock from the US gold ETF. US investors have inefficient means to buy, send, store, insure and house gold. And I'm not talking retail buyers here. I am talking about institutions who have no gold exposure and maybe play with Newmont as a proxy. We are starting from effectively a 0 base in Pension, Foundation, Endowment and high net worth money dedicated to gold assets.

""

Might this really whack NEM then, when it happens?

:blink:

Good point. The ETF for gold has two significant tax problems for US investors. First it may not be qualified for retirement plans (but probably your broker doesn't know this) and gold held outside the US does not get special capital gains rates (up to 15%).

They might be able to get a special Treasury or SEC ruling on this. The Central Fund of Canada has one from the SEC, which is one reason I've liked it.

If they overcome tax problems they may be able to attract some money out of gold stocks, but on the other hand they will be pushing up the price of gold.

I didn't understand some comments earlier about "some votes don't count."

So I did a Google search on "swing states" and came up with a marvelous llnk.

It explains the whole deal about electoral votes, etc quite clearly.

Sharing:

How the Swing States Work

http://people.howstuffworks.com/swing-state.htm

Sorry to admit that some of this had not been on my radar screen. :grin:

A good link if you want to teach your kids.

Brian, just got back from voting. Thanks for the FDG thought.

The polling place was jumping. I've never seen so many people there, and at 11 a.m. our time. Lots of older voters.

Our ballot is simple. Fill in the oval next to the name of your candidate. Then you feed it into an optical character reader type machine. All paper ballots are retained for re-count.

If the dems had kept their own party sane and honest, instead of letting it become a clone of the other....if the dems hadn't -themselves- trashed Dean and put in such an obvious matrix-front like Kerry; maybe they'd -have- that 1-2% more vote they need right now, hmmm ??

Damn straight.

Kerry's statement in early August that he would have voted for the Iraq resolution -- even KNOWING that there were no WMD's -- infuriated me.

He's no 'alternative' to Bush ... he's a clone. That's why I take delight in trashing him and his sellout, warmonger, "bring back the draft" party, right along with Bush.

As Doug Thompson put it yesterday --

Voting is a sham, an exercise in deception designed to perpetuate the myth that an average American has any say in how this country is governed or what happens to you and me in the future.

America's current system of government is a bloated, aging, belching sow - laid low by decades of corruption, deceit and inaction. The sow is non-partisan, willing to wallow in the mud under a Democratic or Republican flag. It exists only to feed on the gullibility of Americans.

You can't fix it in the voting booth. You can't eradicate it by continuing to support a political system that thrives on it.

Go ahead, waste your time and vote

tanks HB. I remember reading about the tax issues a year ago, but there was talk then that they were going to fix that in some way.

Actually...this ETF is quite late out of the gate isn't it? I thought it was due out last year...

Tanks also for reminding me of the probable effect on POG, thus likely balancing the effects on PM stocks. Of course... :P

Archived