Gold Is Money

A crisis long anticipated is, by definition, priced into the market already. It's only the unexpected crises which trigger a news-related plunge.

The full-scale war-and-terror psyop that we've been treated to this week is already priced in. I flat don't believe that shit.

When the reality turns out less bad than the media-induced worst-case fantasies, a sigh of relief will be forthcoming.

stevebell.jpg

image courtesy of http://www.guardian.co.uk

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put/Call notes...

Composite p/c 21 day moving average has reached the 0.90s finally. I have a target of 0.94-0.96 to cover and go long and the DELL news after the close has done nothing to change my view.

Equity p/c 21 dma is at 0.77 and getting close to where I want to see it. Interestingly enough this is the same spot where options trading sat on 9/21/01. Back on 10/9/02 this figured reached 0.79. I have to go with Bernie Schaeffer and his organization's determination that the large put QQQ buys that took place on three days the past two weeks somewhat invalidates this reading as of late.

Another important observation...even with today's composite p/c of 1.18, 62% of new open interest at the CBOE were calls. Believe it or not, as we get closer to bounces this figure rises which doesnt make much sense to contrarians, but that's how it has worked in the past. The p/c of all open interest fell from 0.7534 to 0.75214 today as well, still well above where it has been tracking all of last year.

Good move on the purchases Mark. I try to pick up a little silver every 3 months or so.

Everyone pays a heck of a premium on Silver Eagles over spot...But if the crap hits the fan, a Silver Eagle will make an ideal barter coin. It has a face value of one dollar and I feel it would be more highly favored in a barter/silver/gold economy.

It has the United States of America printed right on it, as a result, I feel that people will be less apt to question its authenticity.

Also, where you bought is one of the cheapest places for Silver Eagles out there. Lots of 100 are less there than anywhere else I have seen.

I sometimes do not buy Eagles though...sometimes I buy pre 1965 American coins in mint condition in rolls because they are actually a better value sometimes.

Pre 65 Kennedy halves .36169 ounce fine silver.

Pre 65 Washington quarters .18084 ounce fine silver.

That interview is a bit scary-sounding.  The geopolitical tension right now is amazing.  Everybody's apparently feeling it here in the states:  my wife went to the grocery store (Costco) today and the place was PACKED.  She had to wait in line to get in!  Everybody's out buying water and canned goods and duct tape (presumably to hang themselves with, since I don't see what good it would do in an actual attack).

Given the fear in the country I'm absolutely amazed at the complacency in the market. Not much has really changed since 9/11, everyone still lives in a bubble thinking it can't happen here.

SB

Direwolf:

I got mine at www.golddealer.com

Ask for Ken Slater.

Paid $370 for my Gold Eagles, $5 over spot.

Paid $6.50 for the Silver Eagles, $1 over spot.

Next time, I'll buy an entire box of 2003 Silver Eagles, you save about .70 a coin. He strongly recommended loading up on silver, more so than gold, since the less valueable silver coin is easier to use as substitute currency.

But nothing compares to the feel of that heavy gold coin in your hand....

Greg-you blew me away-trailing stops all the time man or you go stark, raving mad. Covered all but the last rung on my ladder today for very good coin-IF we go up tomorrow I'll go with it BUT my puts which are March will stay in place until SPX clears 835-845 (which I DOUBT will happen) when I sense the end of the upmove than I will ladder down to where I am now. Now this puppy may crap out tomorrow there is so much paranoia out there and everyone is expecting a rally they FORGET this move is NOT over-someone said earlier that black box boyz are trained to buy on despair and war-YUP they are but those pinheads average age 27 weren't even around for the last BEAR and I'll bet you right now when the war breaks out (wee hours Sunday-IMHO) this thing will collapse to new lows on Tuesday. NOTE-The U>S> PESO got crunched today not a minor crunch but a royal ass-kick-GOLD started singing her sweet song again those two events tell me that light so many see at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train by Tuesday if not tomorrow we will be down hard. Be wary and Trade Safe!

Archived