Electricity without Wires

<H2 class=post-title>Forbes Polls the Wackosphere and Gets An Earful</H2>

by Lee Adler, Monday, August 31, 2009, in Economics, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The editors of Forbes have asked me to give them my economic forecast for the next year (cough, cough, guffaw). Don’t be impressed. They sent the same email to the whole financial wackosphere. I assume that their purpose, as with the entire financial infomercial media, is to poke fun at us wackos so as to minimize their own horrendous shortcomings as financial journalists. (Continued)

That was a well written piece - actually read it twice. I am proud and giddy to be a member of the wackosphere...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<h2 class="post-title">Forbes Polls the Wackosphere and Gets An Earful</h2>

by Lee Adler, Monday, August 31, 2009, in Economics, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The editors of Forbes have asked me to give them my economic forecast for the next year (cough, cough, guffaw). Don’t be impressed. They sent the same email to the whole financial wackosphere. I assume that their purpose, as with the entire financial infomercial media, is to poke fun at us wackos so as to minimize their own horrendous shortcomings as financial journalists. (Continued)

Two thumbs up Doc....

<h2 class="post-title">Forbes Polls the Wackosphere and Gets An Earful</h2>

Fantastic. Preach on Brother Stool.

Any of you guys who are interested in scalping currencies, fxcbs.com looks like the way to go. They have a real ECN interface (as opposed to synthetic market maker prices where they can take the other side of the trade).

I found out from another trader I know that fxpro.com is a bucket shop that would get upset with me for making money on the site. I already got booted from another spread bettor last year after my a/c there was up 60%.

Nice going furry critter..

I'd say though, remember that the "spread" on currency futures is essentially zero, and the margining is similar..

Exchange traded too. No bucket shoppes, or spread betting con men..

* Edit: Also furry fella - Interborkive Actors seems to be doin 0.0001 cash spreads on size. [http://www.interactivebrokers.com]

Clients Flee Cerberus, Fallen Fund Titan

Investors in hedge funds run by Cerberus Capital Management LP, whose audacious multi-billion dollar bet on the U.S. auto industry went bust, are bolting for the door, clinching one of the highest-profile falls from grace of a superstar in the investment world.

Clients are withdrawing more than $5.5 billion, or nearly 71% of the hedge fund assets, in response to big investment losses and their own need for cash, according to people familiar with the matter.

"We have been surprised by this response," Cerberus chief Stephen Feinberg and co-founder William Richter wrote in a letter delivered to clients late Thursday.

In the nine months ended June 30, investors withdrew about $300 billion from hedge funds, contributing to a sharp decline in an industry that had grown fourfold this decade, to a peak of almost $1.9 trillion in assets in 2007, according to Hedge Fund Research. Big-name funds run by Atticus Capital LP, Pequot Capital Management and Cantillon Capital Management, among others, are shutting down.

where did they put that $300 billion? GooG :ninja: common? pork & beans? ammo? FRN debentures?

Archived