What Just Happened?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Human nature, under capitalism or communism or whatever. Nothing to do with the basic concept of capitalism.

M.Moore blaming capitalism for the crisis is as misleading as those tin foilers posting trash and lies on Zero Hedge. It doesn't help to solve the real problem because it only diverts attention from the real issue.

This is the natural progression of capitalism.

See Kondratieff, Nikolai

Rothbard, Murray

But if you need an 'ism to satisfy your mind I'll cook some up:

Fraudulentism

Corruptism

Hubrism

Cronyism

Ivy Leagueism

Son of a Bitchism

Goldham Sachism

Bitchism

:lol:

Alrighty then, given the way things work on this planet, maybe we can agree that it

was just plain Jism!

Shots of the daily and weekly prices on the 10-year contract. Not pretty. Confirms what Doc`s been saying. Bearish looking formations on both. Break of this weeks lows down, down, they go. 30 year charts look similar. Look at that shooting star on the weekly. Fade me! :blink:

post-5076-1250910469_thumb.png

post-5076-1250910485_thumb.png

Completely OT - Just for the late Summer weekend...

Updated on experience...

Insane Grilling FAQ

1. What do you do with a quart of fresh Blueberries from a neighbor?

Figure out how to grill them.

2. Why did you do this?

Because I can.

3. How did you grill them?

Stuffed them in cored Jalapeños with Cream Cheese*.

After coring (remove all pith and seeds) then

Place one Blueberry at the bottom

Insert one teaspoon of Cream Cheese

Place 2 or 3 more Blueberries inside

Top with another teaspoon of Cream Cheese

Grilled for 40 minutes at 350F.

Run a skewer thru them about 1/2 inch from the top and hang them over a veggie grilling basket.

Or use one of the many "Chili Griller" stands.

These are basically stainless steel boxes with 1" circular cutouts to hold the chilis vertically.

You do need to skewer them so they don't fall thru the openings as they cook.

Let it sit or even chill for a few hours. Keeps for days.

4. How did it look?

The Blueberry juice came to the top of the Jalapeño and was Blueish with the Cream Cheese.

5. How did it taste?

Just like you would expect. The tangy hot Jalapeño combined with the Cream Cheese and Blueberries.

Altogether very pleasing and balanced.

6 Would you try this insanity again?

Oh yes, there's still a good quart of Blueberries left.

* Cream Cheese - I mean REAL Philly Cream Cheese, not any of that low fat crap.

Nat gas futures . . . seems to be going it`s own way . . . the heck with earl, gold, silver, and the stock market . . . natural gas just not getting the love.

I guess I should have posted charts of gold, silver, earl, YM, and nat gas and sang:

One of these kids is doing his own thing

Can you guess which kid is doing his own thing . . .

:lol:

Nat gas futures . . . seems to be going it`s own way . . . the heck with earl, gold, silver, and the stock market . . . natural gas just not getting the love.

The ironic thing is the U.S. now produces about 90% of their domestic natural gas consumption annually. At least that's what I read somewhere and currently lack the desire to verify. :lol: It's the one raw energy resource they can make some cash on and make a larger contribution to GDP for the number fudging game at the Bureau Of All's Well. The contango between front month contracts and out Jan '10 and Jan '11 is hugemongous. One or both will have to give at some point.

The one raw energy the U.S. lacks the most is Cousin Earl and it's up at ridiculous levels already.

The other weird contango right now is the schlock prices of natural gas producers have generally bonered along with the rest of the schlock market while the product they produce is almost worthless, at least at current prices. One or both will have to give there as well. Might make some nice shorts at some point. In opposite world it would be ideal if natural gas producer's stock peaks just as their underlying revenue source starts rising...whenever that is. :unsure: :mellow: That would really make a farce out of efficient market theory...or whatever they call it...after all, there is no such thing. :lol:

Shots of the daily and weekly prices on the 10-year contract. Not pretty. Confirms what Doc`s been saying. Bearish looking formations on both. Break of this weeks lows down, down, they go. 30 year charts look similar. Look at that shooting star on the weekly. Fade me! :blink:

I am planning on shorting the long bond Sunday and start scaling in more positions if the bond starts trending down. How about 6% by the end of the year? :rolleyes:

There is a lot of nat gas in this country and the drillers have figured out how to get it out in quantity.

Fundies eventually come into play. ;)

TECHNOLOGY MAKES THINGS CHEAPER AND MORE ABUNDANT

This is a classic case of technological advances - now they can gett the gas out of the shale, the actual source rock.

Lots of shale gas coming onto the market - a reseource that didnt exist before.

There is a lot of shale and hence a lot of gas.

Coal bed gas as well.

The falling gas play could have been played best by buying into the utilities with lots of gas fired generators.

Might not be too late as they will bounce when they report good numbers.

This is the natural progression of capitalism.

See Kondratieff, Nikolai

Rothbard, Murray

Sorry, no one will ever convince me that there is a social-economic system that mutes human nature and its inherent cycle.

And you bring an anarchist and a central planning economist to a gunfight? :lol:

Archived