Bullet

golden%20retriever.jpg

naturalezaycaza.com

From the current issue of the PAWS Newsletter:

Last May, Pam Sica had left her 3-week-old baby on the bed for just a moment when her golden retriever started to bark. The new mother asked the pooch if he wanted to go outside. But old Bullet just bounced on his front legs and continued to bark. When she headed next into the bathroom to say something to her showering husband, Bullet really went wild. He started running back and forth from Sica to the room where little Troy Joseph was sleeping. When she then followed Bullet into her son's room, she saw that the infant was blue and a terrible gurgling sound was coming from his throat. Sica screamed for her husband, who shot out of the shower and immediately began CPR on the baby. She also called 911 and "The paramedics told us that, if we had found Troy 10 seconds later, something terrible could have happened," Sica later said. "Bullet saved his life."

Bullet, who is ancient by retriever standards, almost didn't make it to May. Two years prior he got a tumor on his liver and the vet advised Sica to euthanize him. "He said, why would you go into debt to save a 13-year-old dog? He's going to die soon anyway!" she said. Still, she took out a $5,000 loan to remove Bullet's tumor. She now believes that decision saved her son's life.

Editor's note: There is more than one hero in this story!

And with that, since I will have left town before the sun rises, I wish you all a very safe and enjoyable weekend. :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

retrievers are the bomb. thanks glad.

europe down slightly this morning but now moving toward flat/green. spike in euro/dollar in past hour.

futures mixed but mostly flat.

astros - i am hoping that i will save at least ONE stoolie from experiencing a communications-related hassle (and if i do, i'd love to hear it). we entered a mercury retrograde period two days ago, and already it appears that it may be a strong one. so, for the next 3 weeks: BACK UP your data, DOUBLE CHECK that your orders execute or cancel properly, READ THE FINE PRINT on anything you sign (or wait a few weeks, if possible), and know where to find things like your ISP's support #, an extra phone battery or cord, or a roll of fax paper....in case you need them.

hoowah. B)

I am ready to scalp some supemodel dong today, but only if the market says so.

I am learning not to force my ideas on the market.

Last tuesday I was ready with some retailers to dong on a scalp but when the market dumped south, I just turned off the computer and went away. It wasn't doing want I wanted it too. Never execute a plan based on conditions which do not materialize.

I am ready with four possibles, but the market and their numbers must say it is time.

In and out in a day with these, I still can't hold long over a weekend. I may even have to wait for next week to play these. All of the pros here have definitely taught me patience.

Trade safe.

I am ready to scalp some supemodel dong today, but only if the market says so.

[....]

I am ready with four possibles, but the market and their numbers must say it is time.

likewise. feel like sharing?

also looking at WHT as one that could reap the best of both the market bounce and the coming gold bounce.

When I ran through my scan last night, it looked like the money had gone into the same issues that boomed up in October. There wasn't enough to make any of them look strong either. Of course experience indicates I'll have loked at the wrong thing... :blink:

Good day to all

guten tag liebe stoolies!

this thing definitely needs a correction, i vote for a pullback at 910 in S&P future. After that we will see if they really wanna buy or not. Wouldnt be surpirsed to se another ramp, but of course not the same one like yesterday, maybe 915 or so.

Doc was amazed and disheartened to see all the bullishness on this board last night. In his quick poll yesterday, 75% of you felt that Doc should not go short at the bell. Then on the board last night, a preponderance of the posts indicated that even hard core bears were jumping on the dong bandwagon for at least a few days.

As Doc detailed in last night's Anals he simply does not see enough evidence that this rally is sustainable yet. That could change in a day or two, but for now, he remains extremely cautious. So far it's nothing more than a flare.

IMPORTANT! Please click here and turn your speakers on before reading the following!

Sure there's little reason to be short with the big down not due for at least a month or more, but chasing after and holding dongs could be hazardous to your health. You are bears! You do not know how to buy and hold dongs! If you get one, you won't know what to do with it! As a bear, there are only two things you can be -- short, or hiding in the woods. A true bear wouldn't be caught dead holding a stock dong!

Now it's the New Year, so if you are one who is suspicious of this rally, if you are a person who wouldn't be caught dead holding a dong , and you have been holding off subscribing to the Anals, NOW IS THE TIME! Doc needs you, and you need Doc!

Saw this movie last October. They jammed , pumped and gapped the markets to ridiculous highs completely decoupled

from reality, on bad economic and earnings news.

Will the sequal be as big a boxoffice hit?

Dunno, but I do know my USPIX took a 9% haircut yesterday.

I did make money yesterday but not by being short

I will "hide in the woods" for a little while 'till I see the reviews.

If it's just a 1 day wonder OK I will go short again. If not .........well ,I can wait 'till "they" run out of popcorn at the candy counter

Notice how HD warned and gapped down afterhours last night.

This morning, its unchanged.

The mania continues.

Bad news being bought.

Here's a good Abby screamer to go long on. This one likes to make monster moves. Giant volume came into the stock yesterday.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=via,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

The main driver that sparked yesterday's rally seems to be the ISM data - remember when the March Madness occured last year there was a similar outsized surge in ISM index - the market jumped and booked huge gains in two trading days and climbed upwards on declining volume for another week or so. Suspect will see the same this time - a strong but short-lived rally. Just my two cents...

Archived