World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT ARE PUERTO RICO BONDS REALLY WORTH

Well you could say they are worth the market price 65 cents in the dollar

This is their market reality price.

Or you could try and determine the actual real reality price of the bonds i.e the discounted current market value of the actual cash flows that will be recieved in the future on these bonds.

But how do you determine this ....its impossible right?????

This information is simply not known.

Well the market is estimating these cash flows to come up with the current market prices.

But what if there is a better way....an alternative that is closer to the truth....to reality.

I suggest using an estimation of "capacity to pay" as an alternative measure.

Under this scenario as evidenced by the financial control boards usefully provided budget

The bonds are worth 30-40 cents on the dollar.

Considerably less than their current market prices.

Where is the Puerto RIco Bond Short EFT when you need it???

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

All Ords dropped decisively, finishing -1.5%.  The only gainers were Gold +1.5% and REITS +0.4% with Miners -2.3% and Financials/Materials -2.1% down the most.

A lot of red in Asia: China -0.5%, Hong Kong -1.1%, Japan -2.1%, India currently -0.7%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

We are in beautiful Bruges today. Gingerbread house town.  Lovely. But totally a tourist trap. We are paying nearly double what we paid in Spain for virtually everything. 

Cell service is a bargain though. I got a sim card good for not only Belgium but with roaming in Netherlands and France and rest of EU for just 15 euros. Includes 1.5 gigs of data, local calls and 1000 texts. 

I love a bargain. Hate paying 3.50 for a stinking half cup of coffee, even if it's great coffee. Same thing in Spain for 1.50. 

We are in beautiful Bruges today. Gingerbread house town.  Lovely. But totally a tourist trap. We are paying nearly double what we paid in Spain for virtually everything. 

Cell service is a bargain though. I got a sim card good for not only Belgium but with roaming in Netherlands and France and rest of EU for just 15 euros. Includes 1.5 gigs of data, local calls and 1000 texts. 

I love a bargain. Hate paying 3.50 for a stinking half cup of coffee, even if it's great coffee. Same thing in Spain for 1.50. 

Have fun.  Great place to have a beer and relax.  i remember a couple of years ago being shown around by a native belgian.  We ate at the oldest pub.  Been there since 1515.

I had too little time to enjoy Bruges, so we took a ride on the tourist bus loop. We're heading to Rotterdam tomorrow. I'll be having dinner with my pal Lindsay Williams, a good Brit who definitely likes a good beer and a good bear. 

I won't have a handle on the market indicators until Saturday. But I did start this week by adding a couple of shorts, both of which took a nice dump yesterday. My trades have been doing really well ever since I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The picks are now tilted heavily short. I can't really find any good longs for a 3 to 6 week swing. One of the 2 I had left hit its trailing stop yesterday and the other came within a nickel of its trailing stop this morning. It rescued itself, there, suggesting that I put the stop in the right place for a change. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. 

Archived