Price Keeping Operations

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Snow is on the tape commenting on the $...not particularly concerned about the decline

Futures took a hit simultaneously

Here is what according to Bloomberg:

Tokyo, March 5 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar fell to its lowest level in almost four years against the euro after U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow said he was ``not particularly concerned'' about the currency, which has dropped 20 percent in the past year against its European counterpart.

The dollar fell to $1.0964 against the euro at 8:06 a.m., from $1.0925 late yesterday in New York, after reaching $1.0969, its weakest level since March 19, 1999. The dollar also fell against the yen, to 117.28 from 117.65.

Speaking to reporters following a hearing before the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee, Snow said, ``the dollar is going to rise and fall.'' The Treasury secretary last month reiterated the U.S.'s support for a strong dollar.

Snow's comments show ``that the U.S. is moving away from a strong dollar policy,'' said Paul McNee, chief currency trader at Australia and New Zealand Banking Corp. in Melbourne. ``This is as concrete an example of that as possible.'' The dollar's fall to $1.10 against the euro ``is a foregone conclusion. It should happen today.''

I'm tellin ya gang-not only the U.S. but world mkts. are configured to crash!

Did the release of the Buffett statement

finally, finally, finally, finally, finally, finally, FOCUS the world's attention--[in a straw that breaks the camel's back way]--I say, did it FOCUS attention on Doug Nolandian/ Credit bubble considerations???--will Buffetts remarks about a derivative mega-catstrophe serve as the one card withdrawn that collapses the house?--will the "700 Story JPM derivative tower"-(Marky)-begin to fall apart?--most likely NOT but his remarks could cast an even blacker pall and precipitate a mini-slo-mo crash on world bourses. The U.S. mkt should have rallied the past few days but it didn't-this looks ominous. Perhaps the inevitable must happen!!-- I would not be happy about that-(and I want you to know I'm sincere..."in the worst way").

France CAC 40 ^FCHI 11:59am 2,676.34 -85.91 -3.11%

Germany DAX ^GDAXI 2:15pm 2,501.03 -48.62 -1.91%

Switzerland Swiss Market ^SSMI 11:30am 4,046.00 -141.20 -3.37%

United Kingdom FTSE 100 ^FTSE 11:36am 3,625.30 -59.40 -1.61%

Ah Ha Ha! Ho Ho! Tee Hee! Screech! Cackle! Snicker!

[Face streaming with tears of laughter!]

Richard640,

I read the forum at gold-eagle for many months. I've moved on from there but I always enjoyed your posts. I hope to see you around here.

Regards.

The End--Ino is very confusing--it's for spot gold--so when you see a quote there, it reflects the days gains plus the access mkt gains-InO spot gold and silver reset-I think-every 24 hours--a good site for futures quotes-(PMs-stocks, bond, currencies-all on one page) is www.mrci.com-click on delayed day or delayed nite-here is April gold:

from www.mrci.com

Gold(CMX) Apr 353.4 356.5 353.1 356.5 +3.2 3/4/2003 15:20 356.5 356.6

Silver(CMX) May 466.5 469.5 466.5 469.5 +2.3 3/4/2003 15:19 469.0

Here is spot gold from INO

Last trade 356.3 Change +4.90 (+1.39%)

Open 351.40 Previous Close 351.40

High 356.30 Low 349.50

Last tick: Mar 4 2003 6:32PM ET

0-min delayed quote.

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=FOREX_XAUUSDO

Yunnerstan what I'm tryin ta say, Dawg?

Anybody want some ice cream. DRYR is on sale now about 30% off tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anybody short this? Its down 18.60 in after hours.

dryr's buyout offer was rejected

I actually owned it right before it gapped up 30 points when the buyout was first announced

About that $15 billion or $30 billion package to Turkey which is up in the air ... Turkey is already into the IMF for billions. $12 billion if I recall. Turkey is probably the 3rd biggest IMF borrower, after Brazil and Argentina.

The plan was that Turkey would get $15 billion from the U.S. to pay off its IMF loan. Now if that $15 billion doesn't come through, Turkey will default on its IMF loan, just as Argentina did last year. And the fiction that the IMF is a triple-A credit will be gone with the wind. The IMF is tied to the tracks, watching the oncoming freight train.

This is the end of an era, in many ways. The post-WW II politico-economic arrangements -- the dollar exchange standard; the IMF; NATO -- all of these are teetering and may collapse.

No one is in charge of the system, and the political well has been poisoned to the extent that U.S. leadership may not be accepted anymore. If you want a recipe for chaos, this is it.

Archived