Show Of Force

Relatively serious question?

There's another option. Treat credit as an income and when it comes too much, walk away from it and declare yourself bankrupt. If it happens on mass, J6P will want govt to step in and legislate a clean sheet against the greedy crooks who lent them money in the first place.

Look at S.Korea and LG card. Overthere, people extended credit when it became clear govt would step in.

I think Congress just revised bankruptcy laws, at the behest of their most generous lobbyists - credit card companies and predatory lenders. Under new rules, credit card companies can seize alimony and child support payments, and will get paid before most other lenders. That game may not work anymore.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE WORLD BOOMS ROLLS ON...FROM NOLAND TONIGHT...GET YOU SOME, JEEEEM...JUST GET DOWN...

February 12 ? Dow Jones (Emily Barrett): ?Pakistan?s Eurobond launch lived up to high expectations Thursday, as a heavily oversubscribed $500 million deal reopened the international market for the nation?s debt. The bonds priced at par, to pay a coupon of 6.75%, well below initial guidance of 6.875%. ?The bond offers investors exposure to an improving credit with great scarcity value. Most people were content to buy bonds at the tight end of the range because they were committed to participating,? said George Niedringhaus, syndicate official at ABN Amro. Pakistan last visited the international debt market in 1999, with $623 million in Eurobonds due 2005. The new bond presented a rare opportunity for investors whose appetite for high-yielding emerging-markets assets has been tested by a heavy $17 billion of new issuance so far this year. Word from the road show was that the order book filled almost immediately, and orders reached $2 billion? the yield on Pakistan?s bond compares closely with Turkey?s dollar bond due 2009. The Turkish bond launched in November last year with a much higher coupon of 11.75%, and currently yields 6.51%.?

Maybe this will crack the real estate market...

from a NY pal watching options on Euro futures...

--------------------------------------------------------

Why are Options on Eurodollar futures generating such huge put volume; even as the

economic data comes in weaker and weaker and Mr. Greenspeak says he will not

raise rates. As of 10:00 EST: call volume = 30704; put volume = 73504. Do the Eurodollar

traders finally see that the day of the wakeup call is near; that the market is going to raise

rates substantially, because even the Chinese will not be able to hide from the fact that

the rate of return on the bonds they are buying twice a week is essentially negative. Perhaps

Chinese citizens whose hard labor is being flushed down the toilet due to the fact that the

foreign exchange their labor brings in is being invested in non-performing assets will have

the same ephiphany that Japanese investors had in the nineties after their market collapsed

in 1989 because of the same practices. If you keep printing $Yen, or $Yuan, or anything

else for that matter, if those $Yen, or $Yuan generate negative income, a point is reached

where nobody wants the stuff anymore.

I believe that the Dow must be watched very closely.

MSFT and INTC look the weakest.

The cyclicals are mixed.  Some like MMM are weak, others like UTX still strong.

Financials are all looking good.

In a nutshell, looks like a mixed bag.  Market could go either way from here.

Ready for anything.

Wyndy--I keep On Balance Volume charts a la Joe Granville daily. It takes about 7 to 10 minutes using the candleglance charts at Stockcharts.

For those not familiar, OBV is, of course, calculated like a simple advance/decline.

If the stock closes higher than the previous daily close, all that day's volume is added to the previous cumulative volume total. If it closed down all the day's volume is subtracted.

The theory is that accumulation and distribution is measured by OBV. If price diverges, contrarian action may be warranted.

The DOW hit a new 52 week high 2 days ago. How many DOW stocks were hitting new OBV highs according to candleglance's DOW stocks with OBV indicator?

That's why Granville is bearish.

The weak sector is the financials. AXP continued to rise last week but OBV peaked out February 1st. C had its OBV peak during the 1st week of January and has been falling since then. JPM hit a 52 week price high intra-day Friday against declining OBV.

Granville also has a trend indicator. It measures the number of DOW stocks in falling and rising trends. A maximum bullishness there should be about 14 to 16 more stocks in bullish trends than bearish trends. At the 52 week high Wednesday, there were only 4. Today that number is minus 1.

These are grizzly non-confirmations (pun intended).

Thus you can see why Granville has turned short-term bearish.

Relatively serious question?

Which school of thought to you subscribe to - accumulate or hold cash vs. buy on credit and hope it gets inflated away?

Third choice is that PM's are an option.

I ask this as a substantial amount of my buddies are out financing anything and everything.

I have chosen to keep my debt load to a minimum.....and the PM's

well, once the debt is paid-off, you're left with some tough choices..

keep piling the cash up, or try and get a decent yield? just think of the guy who retired comfortably with $1M in CD's, now he gets like $15,000 in income, plus whatever his PT job as a greeter at ChinaMart pays. at some point, we may get to investing into areas that are likely to lose the least. even $2M now laddered into 10 yr UST would only yield near $80,000, before taxes. i almost pulled the trigger on a r.e. deal outta state 2 weeks ago, but cuddnt quite get my price. im being very careful, but getting a little antsy too - been on sidelines way to long; been way too conservative. personally, im sticking to the plan, although i may add an addition to the house (cash of course) and i plan to get a plex property and finance it w/ fixed rate-fully amortized loan. commodes are attractive to me and id take r.e. deal down if its really well priced (increase depreciation write-off; better tax position). like 11 months now of FT work left, then i may work PT and play hooky. at some point; taxes, fees, parking tix, whatever, is gonna really increase, so tax efficiency will be paramount.

Mark; re Lisa..outstanding!!

My wife has finally allowed me access to a computer as we and 11 others enjoy some overdue R and R in Thailand. Our old and new found freinds reside in Germany, England, Australia, Israel, Los Angelos, Seattle and Vancouver BC. With such a great cross section I have managed to poll most on present attitudes towards the market and real estate. Turns out "Lisa" is not the exception but the norm. The bull has done a fine job spreading the good word to the 4 corners of the planet.

I see fellow stoolies have been taking good care of my silver in my absence. It sure looks as though its getting ready to bust a huge move to the upside.

Catch you all later. The surf is up....

Special Guest on George Washington Show:

Vince Farrell. Manages $70 billion. What an arrogant SOB.

"Every lever has been pulled, every button has been pushed, liquidity is there for anybody who wants it. Mr. Greenspan is guaranteeing that rates will remain accomodative."

Top picks:

GE, MSFT, PFE

"All trading below market multiples"

Re: Wollie

I expect we top out very soon, if the top is not already in. (I still think we have a hard down and then one more big up coming that sucks EVERYONE in)

If, after that top is made, we take it out on any subsequent rally, I think Wollie could be right.

This is the pivot area right here.

Bears need to take control over the next few months or they will hurt for a long, long time, cause instead of wave 3 down, we'll most likely be lookin' at the mutha of all wave 5's.

Re: Wollie

I expect we top out very soon, if the top is not already in. (I still think we have a hard down and then one more big up coming that sucks EVERYONE in)

If, after that top is made, we take it out on any subsequent rally, I think Wollie could be right.

This is the pivot area right here.

Bears need to take control over the next few months or they will hurt for a long, long time, cause instead of wave 3 down, we'll most likely be lookin' at the mutha of all wave 5's.

K-Wave:

Which one of these looks like its going to roll over first?

Lenders

A Wolanchuck quote posted today;

"i give you a target for price....silver 7.00....gold 500...could come anytime soon....at the end of the year?....well gold can be ata k.....snort....and silver just go insane....imho fwiw bla bla bla bla bla...johan all gold index appears ready to launch....unless of course it duznt...:) "

It works for me. Let her rip Mr. Greenspan!! :P

NOT A PEEP ABOUT THE LONGEST RUNNING TV BULL

SPREADER http://www.rukeyser.com/home/about_rukeyser.asp

HAS BEEN ABSENT FOR 2 MONTHS? Crapvision HIGHEST RATED SHOW

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?????????????

IS HE DEAD LIKE THE BULL MARKET?

JUST FOUND THIS SNIPIT

With Louis Rukeyser continuing to recuperate from surgery (and looking forward to returning to his television program and his newsletters), Frank Cappiello, chairman and managing director of Montgomery Brothers, Cappiello, L.L.C., pinch-hits this month as guest commentator.

RECUPERATE FROM WHAT? BRAIN DEAD? DID THEY SEW HIS MOUTH SHUT?

REALLY  HAVE NOT HEARD A PEEP FROM HIM IN MONTHS?

the guy is a complete moron. if he can get a show, any monkey can. he looks like he belongs in a horror movie.

during thanksgiving dinner, someone out of the blue asked me what i thought about rukeyser. i looked up and said, he's a fornicateing numnut. all i saw were dead blank stares and silence, especially on my 70+ inlaws.

my wife and i were laughing hysterically on the way home.

bull

I wish i was there by your side when you said that--i have the image in my minds eye and enjoy replaying it--the next time relatives or jerks bring up questions of thesort respond with the question more embarrasing than flashing your pudendum:OH BY THE WAY HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT????

i ONCE spent an evening at a horrible party populated by types that would have tasked the sensiblity of even an Oscar Wild;i kept asking nearly everyone there the same question over and over;the responses were absolutely amazing--Dont do it arrogantly--do it in a gumpish fashion without the obvious idiocy--You'll be delighted--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: How do i know this is more powerful than unzipping your fly and pulling your pork out? Allen Ginzburg,at a party i attended, did this in front of me and a woman i was talking to--She, exhibiting the cognitive figleaf permitting her to go on,kept talking--I slowly gathered my wits and said Allen why dont you pull your dick back into your pants--you're in public you know--and like a bully he responded by putting it back in---without a word in response--There are many ways to skin a cat--

pps I still like some of his his poems

PICTURE OF LOUIE RUKYSER--

My name is George Washington.

An idea just popped into my brain--in the future when fiat money is reintroduced under new rules the picture on the face should be either Kaiser Rook or his counter part Dr Frankenstein's monster--the image of either one of these on the single will induce the restraint necessary for a continual disciplining of the economy--noone will take fiat for granted anymore and will recognize it as a slumbering monster waiting below in the subterranean vaults of history to be reborn--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: As for Washington let this male equivqalent to the Mona Lisa requiescat in pace

You should start an investment news letter: The Contrarian Lisa.

Just pretend Lisa is an acronym for some sort of esoteric black-boxed Coppock-Curvish gobbeldy goop that no one will ever question.  Something like:

Lambda Integral Sequential Analysis (L.I.S.A)

Every month, you'll have a 5 minute telephone conversation with Lisa, ask what she and her friends are buying, what they hate, what they're holding, and dress the nonsense up in Opposite-World with colorful adjectives. 

You'll make an absolute fortune.

non-posting of Coppeck gobbeldygook by jimi

jIMI

yOU WANNA KNOW WHATS SO DISGUSTING ABOUT tha piece of kakacowpiedrech with the vertical writing on the y axis which made one read indeciphreable hieroglyphics almost upside down??Huh?

The sob didnt put ons single explanatory footnote enabling an innocent student of the dark arts to achieve even an honest MISUNDERSTANDING of what inna helll he was talking about--

I know it isnt a put on because i spent a tormented few hours trying to understand it --I was suckered into it because of the aesthetic aura of those entwining stringgs of colored pearls--the Bastard

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Why the passion? I once spent days examining and trying to interpret a poem by Ashmore and ended up cursing his occultating mass of a noncommunicating ttub of word salad--and promised myself never to be intimidated by obscurity for the sake of obscurity--the author knew what he was doing--it aint joyce by a mile-Id like to put my finger up his nose and kick him squarly in the ass

I think Congress just revised bankruptcy laws, at the behest of their most generous lobbyists - credit card companies and predatory lenders. Under new rules, credit card companies can seize alimony and child support payments, and will get paid before most other lenders. That game may not work anymore.

the much-sought-after 'revisions' did SNOT pASS(_)_). Came within a whisker uvit, though.

the old law remains in effect, or sew HRFF wuz told.

Archived