B4 The Bell Humpday June 2

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My to do list in case this is all an exericise in futility.

1) Learn how to shoot this damn nightmare called a gun.

2) Learn how to make my own beer.

That is all I got so far.

:lol:

The End 1 and 2 don't mix.

No they don't.

Guest yobob1
NWD,

Would you prefer deflation?

No, I wouldn't.

It's like choosing between arsenic and strychnine.

Each takes you to death by a slightly different route.

What I'd like to see is all currency notes redeemable in metal, no fiat money. This would spare us from the twin curses of deflation and inflation.

There is not enough of it around to cover all the fiat money.

Actually there's plenty of it around for that purpose. All that has to change is pricing perception. Example: we now pay $3 for a "fancy" coffee. If that price were one thin silver dime there would be no problem. A new car might be 2 ounces of gold; a new house 10 ounces. A gold standard in reality would end up being a bi-metalic or tri-metalic standard as has been the case throughout history. Gold is reserverd for major transactions and international trade, while the secondary metal(s) handle the daily needs. Paper can still be used as long as it is fully backed and instantly redeemable for metal.

The current Dow/gold ratio shows just how far off beam current pricing perception is. When one ounce buys the Dow sanity will have returned. I don't expect the price of gold to go to $10,000. I do expect the Dow to bottom at <$1,000, assuming of course the stock market survives at all.

The majority of you out there reading this are in debt. I don't have to guess about that, statistics tell me so, even considering the make-up of the local population. Those not reading this are buried up to their asses in debt. When you reach the point that more debt cannot be created at a pace that keeps the default ratios hidden, the money machine goes into reverse inspite of any efforts by anyone. This is what causes deflation. Debt kills. Inflation will never win the upper hand without commensurate wage inflation, which is not only not happening here, but not on a global basis as well. We have had 100 years of inflation to the point that the purchasing power of the dollar has declined 98%. Now we get the reversion to the mean, with a large over-shoot likely. The Fantasia numbers floating around the financial world of trillions here, and trillions there are not reality. They are merely ones and zeros batted about on bits of silicon.

Archived