B4 The Bell Humpday June 2

What we do here could also, all be a pointless exercise.

I read a paper by a Dr. Antal E. Fekete who said that, with redeemable currency, the sphere of financial speculation would shrink pretty drastically. He said that it would be limited to commodities and common stocks.

He pointed out that the grain futures market goes all the way back to Old Testament days, but the markets for interest derivatives and bond futures are a relatively recent innovation and wholly a creature of fiat money.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we do here could? also, all be a pointless exercise.

I read a paper by a Dr. Antal E. Fekete who said that, with redeemable currency, the sphere of financial speculation would shrink pretty drastically. He said that it would be limited to commodities and common stocks.

He pointed out that the grain futures market goes all the way back to Old Testament days, but the markets for interest derivatives and bond futures are a relatively recent innovation and wholly a creature of fiat money.

Makes total sense. With fiat, you get debt. It is a truism.

Can we become "Brazil". My answer is yes it is possible. We could also do the fearfull thing and default on all debt and become nationalistic. Time will tell.

I for one, am joining the cub scouts with my kids. :ph34r:

You could do worse.

Some of the most useful things I ever learned I got from the Cub Scouts:

Can we become "Brazil". My answer is yes it is possible. We could also do the fearfull thing and default on all debt and become nationalistic. Time will tell.

I for one, am joining the cub scouts with my kids.  :ph34r:

You could do worse.

Some of the most useful things I ever learned I got from the Cub Scouts:

No doubt buddy. My point was that I may really need those tools to survive and provide for my family. ergo the :ph34r: smilie.

My to do list in case this is all an exericise in futility.

1) Learn how to shoot this damn nightmare called a gun.

2) Learn how to make my own beer.

That is all I got so far.

:lol:

Guns and beer. You've got the bases covered then. The other stuff takes care of itself. :P

Guns and beer. You've got the bases covered then. The other stuff takes care of itself. :P

My wife will do the rest. I will hunt she will tend to the children. It will be like little house on the prairie. Except we will all be that way and there will be more gun fire at night.

My wife will do the rest. I will hunt she will tend to the children. It will be like little house on the prairie. Except we will all be that way and there will be more gun fire at night.

Better a garden patch and some chickens than to count on hunting. During the Great Depression, the white tail deer herds were almost hunted down to extinction. Not sport hunting, just folks looking to put dinner on the table.

My grandfather told me people were raising vegetables in the suburbs during WWI. They called them "Victory Gardens."

THE NATURAL PRICE OF GOLD

QUOTE (NWD @ Jun 2 2004, 10:59 PM)

QUOTE (The end @ Jun 2 2004, 09:51 PM)

There is not enough of it around to cover all the fiat money.?

With an M3 money supply of approximately $9 tril, there is not enough gold to make the dollar redeemable at ~$400/oz.

To say that there is not enough implies a supposition about the price. At some price there would be enough.

I don't view the current fiat dollar regime as an unalterable fact of nature. I expect that, one way or another, it is likely to be annihilated.

Then, at a fearful price, we'll be able to start over. It would be better if we started over with something that did not generate these ruinous boom and bust cycles.?

Not just the doo-lar. EVERY other currency as well.

What would be the price of gold if it were exchanged for all the currency in the world???

Methinks this would be golds natural price.

Is The Fed Expecting Catastrophe?

After reading through this thread.........one feels compelled to

bet big on BLACK.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=33581

Once again, the idea that the Fed has done anything different recently is absolutely baseless, false, and misleading nonsense, garbage and tripe.

Why do we keep reposting this garbage?

The effect of the just think positive inflation forever religion...

On a Gold board I'm posting at as soon as I mention the printing press salvation miracle is a deception I get gang raped...

I don't understand how anyone rationally could expect to find "salvation" through hyperinflation.

Once prosperous people faced starvation during the great Reichsmark inflation after the First World War.

The episode likely helped bring Hitler to power.

Near-universal ruin is all that inflation has to offer.

Gold and silver bugs talk about a return to honest money but all they dream of is $5000 oz Gold to strike it rich...They need hyperinflation to make their religious salvation a reality...I'm a heretic...

Also the problem is more complex then just a return to Gold and silver...There hasn't been an actual functioning Gold and silver based monetary system in the world in close to 700 years...All the people that talk about a return to gold don't quite understand what they are talking about...

If Gold and silver is the medium of exchange then all you have to do to control the system is attach interest to it and make sure the intrest charged is higher then the production of gold and silver from mining...

It is only amatter of time until the entire circulating medium is taken from the hands of the many into the hands of the few...Then the only way to have a circulating medium is from the trickle down from the few or to borrow it...eventually all the private property used as collateral is taken from the many into the hands of the few...That's how Kings operated...

Now to keep the game going then you fractionally reserve the gold and issue paper debts on top of that The Bank of England was formed in 1794 to accomplish that...the more paper debts you allow to be created the smaller the fractional reserve in relation to the debt becomes until the fractional reserve becomes so small it disappears...That is what happened in 1971 in the US when the Gold window was closed...then to keep the game going you back debt with debt...

when you reach maximum potential or the point where consumers have consumed all the debt they can consume the leveraging of leverage game is forced to move in reverse...Then there is no way to keep the game going...and the system implodes since it is not designed to operate in reverse...

Basicly The system which the US became part of in 1913 with the formation of the Federal reserve is the now 311 year old Anglo Dutch Centralized floating exchange rate fractionally reserved debt backing debt global banking branch network...

It has almost reached maximum potential and is about to suffer a hyperdeflationary implosion...The debt inflationary self delusional bubble that is about to pop has been growing since about 1958 in the US and is the largest such bubble in the entire 311 history of the system.

So what good is striking it rich if the world gets flushed down the toilet? That is why those who believe in the Just think positive inflation forever religion gang rape me when I tell them the truth...They like the profit dream but don't like the world in flames nightmare...

They have invested too much faith in the AL Green printing press salvation miracle to make them rich...And they don't like hearing that they have been duped...Or that their assumptions have been wrong all these years...

If you stack Gold and silver coins...it is to survive the debt deflationary implosion...not to get rich quick...Thats all I stack silver for...The long haul...If I want to get rich quick I'll get a job or start a business...

I'm personally getting tired of hearing about the printing press trick...Consumers leveraging leverage is the source of debt inflation...The FED treasury and Government Facilitate and regulate it...

When consumers have consumed all they can consume...that is the end of the line...

Per Hyper:

"If you stack Gold and silver coins...it is to survive the debt deflationary implosion...not to get rich quick..."

This finally makes sense to me and is the answer to my most basic question -- By owning gold/silver, do we actually realize asset appreciation, or just maintain purchasing power.

Per Hyper:

"If you stack Gold and silver coins...it is to survive the debt deflationary implosion...not to get rich quick..."

This finally makes sense to me and is the answer to my most basic question -- By owning gold/silver, do we actually realize asset appreciation, or just maintain purchasing power.

Niether but, your better off than if you had money in a bank.

Archived