More Reaching And Grabbing

Here's another jam job.

Check out the volume that came into this telecom equipment stock today.

Can you believe the furious cash piling into this thing?

Where's all this cash coming from?

The Great Liquidity Bubble.

user posted image

Brian4, the Nasdaq afterhours is only up 2 points. Not a big deal. Long entries will be setting up on Mon. and Tues.

The next jam job won't happen until Wednesday.

But if I'm wrong, no worries.....

We'll grab some more of those Screamers. I like SYMC, looks like its getting ready to make new highs. Waiting for a break over $45.

PNRA came in with good numbers after the bell, it could bust through $37 in a hurry.

Now I sound like those blokes using TC2000 chat rooms.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HungryTrader

Hello Everyone

This is my first post. I have been a silent member for approximately 3 months. This is undoubtedly the best board I have ever come across. The quality of information presented here is of the highest caliber.

Doc is surely a genius. Those CMAPS don't lie. I appreciate all input. I have greatly benefited. I am new to this type of trading. I am most familiar with the Bill O'Neal type system. That worked very well for me during the bull market. Is is useless in a bear market.

I will occasionally post from time to time.

Many of you like Pile and Simple Guy talks about Bearx and Rydex funds. This is new to me. What brokerage is best for trading these? SG mentions he can trade at the 10:45 am and 3:45 PM print. Which brokerage company allows this and for which funds?

Thanks for any help.

HungryTrader

TE, you beat me to it on the Turn Dates. Jan 13-16.

Don't underestimate this rally's duration. Price is somewhat limited but it will be painful if not mentally prepared for it.

My rules:

Don't chase

Don't fight

Don't rush

If you're shorting now I believe you are fighting and trying to rush Mr Marke to quickly conclude the rally it just started. Like SG said, let papa come to you.

Like BB said today, believe in what you see. I can't beleive it, but I see continuation in the screamers I've donged so doing so now is not chasing the market. The 12/30ish turn date was confirmed by price on Jan 2. I don't think its "too late" to catch a quick ride if nimble.

Welcome HT. I use E*Trade and can trade them there but not at the 10:45 print. I think someone else does @ a brokerage with that time. Can't recall who.

hungryT, you can open an account directly with Rydex, but there is a $25,000 minimum. This, however, allows you to trade the fund twice a day with no penalty fees for "early" withdrawal, like Schwab, Waterhouse, Scott, etc. have. Also at Schwab et al, they only let you trade once a day, the 3:45 time, so it's a great advantage to also be able to trade in the morning via Rydex directly.

BEARX (Prudent Bear Fund) can be obtained from just about any discount broker. Not your full-service brokers, though. because it's a no-load.

Hungry Trader:

Welcome to Mark To Market.

If you have only been here 3 months, you missed out on all the relentless short squeezing during all the decline from last summer.

Many of us were poor slobs who were too chicken to stick our hand in the blouse and reach for some action by going long during the bounces.

Now the whining has stopped.

Now we are angry at Uncle Al and his FEED machine and have started to participate in his vain effort to prop up this pig.

Little does Al know, we are fast enough to sell the market when it turns, leaving him embarrassed.

Any big name discount broker will let you trade the BEARX, ProFunds, or Rydex on line. Just point and click under Mutual Funds, and you can trade these like stocks.

Some firms have limits, like you have to hold them a minimum of 3 trade days.

Most don't charge any fees, other than the standard stock commission.

I just got a friend into BEARX today, with instructions to ladder in every other day next week.

Hungry Trader:

I have traded RYDEX funds in a TD Waterhouse account. After getting nipped several times at $75 a hit for trades held less than 6 months, I got a little smarter. You can "exchange" funds within the fund family without incuring this short hold charge. You can do this on-line once a day before the funds closing time (3:30pm ET).

I have been using this to switch between RYVNX and RYVYX (opps, that's called exchanging between... <_< )

Guest HungryTrader

Drano,Wndysrf,

I appreciate your responses. I am very new with this. Please correct me if I am wrong or confirm that I am correct.

With Bearx, I would need to short this fund if I believe the market is topping (of course based on analysis and Doc CMAPS).

Wih RYVNX (not sure about the other Rydex funds), I would long this fund if I believe the compx has topped out and short it if the compx has bottomed.

Thanks again guys

Guest AssMaster

As far as Fidelity goes, I can trade funds as you mentioned - however, they have some fees for trading in and out of any mutual fund which you must hold at least 2 or 3 days and the fee applies if you hold less than the short-term holding period (30 - 180 days ususally, varies by fund). And this may be true for other brokers, so you should call up and ask them specifically. And the broker may charge you a fee every time you add more to the fund. Lots of fees you need to be aware of.

And the fund itself may have some loads, fees etc. for short holding periods. Do your homework or you might end up stuck with a 200% inverse fund during a short squeeze with no way to get out for three days.

This is why I put a large chunk in BEARX on Dec. 2nd, loaded up on miners and scalp a few longs here and there. Fewer fees and more flexibility.

Oh, and I am boycotting all mutual funds (except BEARX, inverse funds and gold funds) in order to speed up their eventual demise.

Rydex leveraged funds trade 2x per day....directly online at rydexfunds.com. The rest trade up to 330pm for the closing print. NEVER trade these through brokers, unless forced via IRA constraints.

The 13 week cycles are bottoming.........and it remains to be seen to what extent the longer cycles will suppress the upside action. The monthlies look promising. Much patience is needed on the short side.

monthly

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=qqq&indicator=1,13,,;14,,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=3y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

monthly

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=spy&indicator=1,13,,;14,,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=3y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

weekly BEARX; head and shoulders!?.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=bearx&indicator=1,30,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=2y&freq=3&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

Heys Guys,

Well this might make Brian a bit nervous but I pulled the trigger on the following positions today:

RYVYX-2,705 SHARES

STHBX-10,740 SHARES

NBHIX-10,056 SHARE

The high yield purchases were for my mothers income. I researched them and found them to be very stable. I know, I know but if shit hits the fan I can switch both into govt sec/gnma products within the same fund families that are also highly rated.

I am a VERY nervous long with RYVYX, but I think I have some very intelligent people on this board who are long with me FOR THE MOMENT.

One point no one has mentioned to bolster the long case here is the sizable move in bonds this week. The last time that degree of a reversal occured the market gained substantially.

I'll be very happy with a retest of the old highs and will be hanging on every word from the lips of Mark, Brian, End, Piles et all.

Good luck to us all and remember...I don't know shit

Hungry Trader - Is it true you can short a mutual fund?

BEARX has done extremely well this last year and one half. I basically invested half of my IRA in it in Spring 2001 and held since. It will do exceptionally well if gold continues to rally and the general market cotinues to fall - which is what I believe what will happen over 2003.

For short term moves, I defer to wndysrf, Doc, and others. Think they are right about a push up next week for GWB's annual economic stimulus plan. Of course,

federal deficit's don't matter anymore and all is well with the bond market - for now. But look out in a few weeks.

Congrats GTN. Good luck with your trades.

Remember all...

You don't have to forecast to make money in the market.

You must not have preconceptions of what is going to happen much beyond the immediate pivot point.

Everything between pivot points is nonsense noise to be ignored. :lol:

Like Mark said, take it a day at a time and just anticipate the major pivot points and believe what you see when you see it and act quickly once price confirms. Don't dally.

Like a surfer, catch the wave, maybe it'll only be a 10 yarder, perhaps all the way to the beach. You really don't know but it can't hurt to try when you see it.

HB, BEARX is such a great bear fund. I'm hloding mine right through this nonsense and will add some RYVNX as it peaks near next pivot point (mid Jan)

HT, you long (buy) these funds (RYVNX, BEARX, RYAIX) only. They are all bear-play funds. BEARX is managed so when the market pops its less painful than the inverse index funds like RYAIX, RYVNX. The latter is 2X leveraged so be careful. Like Meta said, you want to trade it only where you have two entry/exit times per day.

Well, I've just done the weekend trawl through the charts and sorry guys, all I can see is general bearishness except the golds which look exceptionally bullish. Massive resistance, bearish wedges, loss of momentum, it's all there... It's possible that the US market could have some upside but I don't think we're gonna go along with it....

Pitbull: I'm in Perth on the west coast

Archived