Mark 2 Market Weak End

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm being too hard on machine... I flipped sorry... his commodites play is the right path... I figure cans of chunky soup has more pricing power then the auto industry...

Debt will be vaporized but cash will be king...unless they try the dumptrucks full of cash dumping on street corners trick...

Hyper makes an iron clad case, IMHO. Any legitimate muddle-through scenario (forget bullish scenario) case must be able to explain convincingly where and how the next asset bubble will occur that will pick up the ball from housing. What funds will fuel it? What "I'm getting wealthy" fallacious belief on the part of the sheep consumer will drive the necessary volume of transactions with religious zeal?

i spit in Wimpy's direction... :lol: he has declared war on savings, thrift, prudence and common sense.

BTW, i was in canton in the 1980's and it looked like a low-grade tijuana. i assume its much better now, but id have never considered living there, even if they were accepting PeeBs.

The gov't and Wimpy are telling everyone that "black is white".

The disinformation is as bad as in any country I've been to, including ones with

real or defacto dictatorships.

Btw, back in the 1980's most streets in Beijing were dirt roads. The coastal cities are changing very rapidly. The further inland (west) one goes, the more things are as they were.

Shenzhen today in Guandong (Canton)

i spit in Wimpy's direction...  :lol:  he has declared war on savings, thrift,  prudence and common sense.

BTW, i was in canton in the 1980's and it looked like a low-grade tijuana.  i assume its much better now, but id have never considered living there, even if they were accepting PeeBs.

The gov't and Wimpy are telling everyone that "black is white".

The disinformation is as bad as in any country I've been to, including ones with

real or defacto dictatorships.

Btw, back in the 1980's most streets in Beijing were dirt roads. The coastal cities are changing very rapidly. The further inland (west) one goes, the more things are as they were.

f-san,

thats amazing. where are all the bicycles?

I remember Black Monday pretty well. I was dabbling in futures at the time. (Small amounts, and ended up losing small amounts)  I had some IRA stock funds as well but didnt' touch them. My focus wasn't on stocks, it was on bonds.

etc etc

I recall that time as well. I had written quite a few naked puts. Don't recall the stocks but they were going badly that Friday afternoon and I bought them back.

When I got the fill report i was upset about how much I had to pay and had the broker challenge the trade.

Turned out on Monday that I had bought them back just in time or I would have been really hurt.

What a difference, when I was there the first time (12 years ago) it was nothing. and the last trip (4 years ago) I was amazed. Now it just unbelieveable.

Thanks for the pic's as I haven't been to the far east since my forced retirement.

P.S. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1994 doesn't even show Shenzhen on it.

I, in partnership with 2 people, own a small manufacturing business which makes a semi-specialized, low tech part used in the replacement of roof top HVAC units. We design the part specifically for the application, but can then resell it again when the opportunity arises as these applications can repeat. Nothing fancy, plasma cut or shear various types of sheet metal, break into shape, and weld together. Certain barriers to entry exist as the design of the part requires an expertise that is more experience than knowledge, but the part is VERY important to the proper operation of the new HVAC unit so we are compensated well, 40-50% gross margins. (Of course when we f*ck-up, it's fixable but expensive.. Have 15 shop workers and last nite, we had a big project that had to ship by 1:00 am in order to meet the customer's expected delivery time in Oklahoma. Freight carrier is standing by and my guys are working like spartans in 100 degree, 100% humidity conditions. I'm wilting just standing in the shop. As I watched these guys, who make from $8-14 an hour, working with such purpose and getting it on the road by Midnite, I thought about how what we were doing was such a basic and fundamental way of making money. Since the beginning of commerce,men and women have turned raw materials into finished goods employing tools, labor, experience, and ingenuity. Like the trading of gold or silver, this has been a constant thru the ages. In the Hyper scenario, this will also survive. During the day, I sit in my office and occasionally trade as time permits and when I make some coin, I feel good (as Fast Eddie said, "money won is twice as sweet as money earned), but not like when we ship a project successfully and the funds clear. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I like the thought of being part of what's left of American manufacturing.

Some times when we bicker on CS, I think of my guys covered in sweat and grinding in the heat and then I remember how good we have it.

Pile- I think you might be right on the ELP concert, pretty sure it was 1977. Keith Emerson's piano levitated and then started spinning. Of course that was a lot of fried brain cells ago :lol:

Best concerts- 1977 Springsteen in MSG-NYC, 1976 The Who in the inaugural event in the Houston Summit.

Surprise, surprise.

The market meter I keep has just given a preliminary

sell signal. (click below)

So, I don't hate it anymore; at least not today.

Depends,

On the weekly and even daily graphs note the massive negative divergences on BSR, RT, MTI.

All while insiders selling like mad and Commercials still heavy short.

These opps don't come along very often.

Seize them when they do.

Archived