HedgeHog Investigation

ok - question. and not a rhetorical one. how would each of us define a market "crash"?

meaning, what percent or point move would it take for you to tell someone that "the market crashed today"?

16.18% in one day. Or 27.2% over a short period of time (one month) :wink2:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Aussie,

According to Weldon, you guys are about the last remaining obstacle to a confirmed Bull Market in Gold...all we're waiting on is your equivalent to a dollar devaluation....how's it look?

HAHA, you're asking ME? What do I know of such things... hmmm well nothing I'm afraid :)

You do your usual stint as chef tonight, Crooked? Could use you around here ...

How can you posit that a stoolie is satirizing a well-known self-promoting stock market guru?  Who would think of such a thing?

Ed Zachary!

It is simply preposterous to think that a stoolie could do such a thing. Unthinkable!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another matter, showing how badly I need to get another hobby, I find massive discrepancies in the newly revised GDP report.

To begin, I need to go back and find out how many times they have 'revised' the GDP up nearly a full point. Starting at a preliminary 2.4%, it went to 3.1% and finally, 3.3%. Sweet mother of god, that's a 90 basis point adjustment. It's not like we're trying to calculate the interest on an overnight loan of a ten spot at LIBOR rates. This is the GDP of the freaking U.S.A.

When I start on this report, I always go to table 11, "Corporate profits by industry" because here's where you can spot the skankier stuff real easy.

And here we see that , wow!, on an annulaized basis corporate profits are up 14.0%! That's Great! In fact, I'll use even more exclamation points to indicate my extreme pleasure in this finding !!!!!! !! ! There.

Now, digging in a bit deeper, let's examine the various components.

To begin, we note that financial industry earnings are down 1.61% on an annualized basis from last quarter. Dang. That blows.

OK, moving on to the non-financial industries we see that their aggregate earnings are down 0.36% from 1Q. Dang again. What's going on here?

OK, maybe it's in the remaining balance of Wholesale, Retail, and Other. Ooops. They're collectively up only 0.09%. That doesn't add up. Where's the 14% dammit?!?

It's not in "rest of world" either as that's actually down (again). So much for the "weak dollar helping exports and repatriated funds" argument.

Oh, here's the 14+%. It's tucked into "Inventory Valuation Adjustment". Again.

A statistical garbage bucket.

Just like everything produced by the goobermint charlatans today. Another "rub and a tug with a happy ending" report.

Thanks for the massage goober-guys. Can you take a look at my checkbook? It could use a little of your whore-ish magic.

Hey Aussie,

According to Weldon, you guys are about the last remaining obstacle to a confirmed Bull Market in Gold...all we're waiting on is your equivalent to a dollar devaluation....how's it look?

HAHA, you're asking ME? What do I know of such things... hmmm well nothing I'm afraid :)

You do your usual stint as chef tonight, Crooked? Could use you around here ...

Chef, indeed....Wife, Daughter & Baby at a kid B-Day party till 8:00 PST....Daughter wants Fettuccine Alfredo with Blackened Chicken (not too spicey)....just waiting for the call saying they left.....no complaints, though...I enjoy the fact that they enjoy :)

Ed Zachary!

It is simply preposterous to think that a stoolie could do such a thing. Unthinkable!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another matter, showing how badly I need to get another hobby, I find massive discrepancies in the newly revised GDP report.

To begin, I need to go back and find out how many times they have 'revised' the GDP up nearly a full point. Starting at a preliminary 2.4%, it went to 3.1% and finally, 3.3%. Sweet mother of god, that's a 90 basis point adjustment. It's not like we're trying to calculate the interest on an overnight loan of a ten spot at LIBOR rates. This is the GDP of the U.S.A.

When I start on this report, I always go to table 11, "Corporate profits by industry" because here's where you can spot the skankier stuff real easy.

And here we see that , wow!, on an annulaized basis corporate profits are up 14.0%! That's Great! In fact, I'll use even more exclamation points to indicate my extreme pleasure in this finding !!!!!! !! ! There.

Now, digging in a bit deeper, let's examine the various components.

To begin, we note that financial industry earnings are down 1.61% on an annualized basis from last quarter. Dang. That blows.

OK, moving on to the non-financial industries we see that their aggregate earnings are down 0.36% from 2Q. Dang again. What's going on here?

OK, maybe it's in the remaining balance of Wholesale, Retail, and Other. Ooops. They're collectively up only 0.09%. That doesn't add up. Where's the 14% dammit?!?

It's not in "rest of world" either as that's actually down (again). So much for the "weak dollar helping exports and repatriated funds" argument.

Oh, here's the 14+%. It's tucked into "Inventory Valuation Adjustment". Again.

A statistical garbage bucket.

Just like everything produced by the goobermint charlatans today. Another "rub and a tug with a happy ending" report.

Thanks for the massage goober-guys. Can you take a look at my checkbook? It could use a little of your whore-ish magic.

That 90 basis pts equals an upward revision of 37.5%..Total bullsh*t...

I find it interesting that posting a FWIW about EWI

brings on such opposition on a Bear board.

I believe it just shows the exaggerated hope for a bull mk.

bullish sentiment is @ record levels along with margin

for joe 6. I will not drink the koolaide :lol:

Party on Girlebulls but keep an eye on your watch

midnite draws near and your coach is not in sight :lol:

ok - question. and not a rhetorical one. how would each of us define a market "crash"?

meaning, what percent or point move would it take for you to tell someone that "the market crashed today"?

Good question.

It's either any single day when two or more major indexes close down 10% or more

OR

any market event that causes the average sheeple to experience a dislocated sense of dread not unlike that experienced by a cat safely tucked under a bed but pinned by a nearby vacuum cleaner.

Let's get things straighter then I.

1) The stock market is in a B wave bear market rally that probably ends near 1060-1100 spx, near the election.

2) The doo-lar is in a bear market. Period.

3) Gold is most likely in a new bull market but, we can still retrace a bit (i doubt highly, we retrace to below $300 again)

Don't pay any attention to me. I'm jewish, posting on the new year, after going to conservative services. :ph34r:

I see a Foster's commercial..

Aussiebear unloading cases of lager off a Foster's truck into her house..

Caption- Housework..

Picture of a Foster's can..

Caption- Beer...

:lol: :lol:

Now that inspires me to go and actually do something instead of pretending ... I'll start with this disgusting keyboard, the letters of which are barely discernable...

seeya later

Bearish Case:

A striking similarity between March 2000 and September 2003

http://clearstation.etrade.com/cgi-bin/bbs...post_id=4816541

Roger Arnold tonight is a must listen.

RealPlayer, 22 minutes into the program.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=tfnn/tfnn/demand/...3.rm&proto=rtsp

Archived