B4 The Bell, Thursday September 2

Hate to be the lone dissenting voice, but my nephew works at the Doubletree in Times Square where many delegates are staying. Being apolitical, he was wondering how they are selected because in his words,"they were rather common looking, devoid of enough class to even compete with his normal customers". He too is of the opinion that Reps are all bluebloods, which unfortunately is untrue. He actually hit me as rather snotty, when in fact he is a very liberal dem.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del Monte Profit Tumbles 41 Percent

SAN FRANCISCO - Del Monte Foods Co.'s profit tumbled 41 percent in its latest quarter, hit by the cost of integrating brands acquired from H.J. Heinz Co. in late 2002, as well as higher commodity costs and marketing expenses.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...earns_del_monte

NQLX will suspend all single stock futures trading at the end of the year. Volume, liquidity and profitability were unable to support the market. Imo this was a stupid idea to begin with, just a more leveraged way to play stocks. But the lack of liquidity in this market raises an eyebrow and may point to reduced liquidity in the equity market iin the near future.

The Twin Deficits: Myths and Truths

The belief that the US dollar is the least sound of the major currencies and the faith that money and credit will everywhere continue to be created much faster than the hard-won fruits of toil can accumulate ? and hence that these latter will go on rising in price - will remain a guiding principle of our investment policy, as it has for some good while past.

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1598

If Crude hits +2.00 you dont want to see how 990n will be jamming the tick and the spoos.

My biggest fear.

I can hear the ramblings tonight after +100 on the Dow today

"the economy is string"

"the market is healthy"

"more Americans "own" their homes then at any time in history"

needless to say I wont be watching as my dinner will end up on the floor.

NQLX will suspend all single stock futures trading at the end of the year. Volume, liquidity and profitability were unable to support the market. Imo this was a stupid idea to begin with, just a more leveraged way to play stocks. But the lack of liquidity in this market raises an eyebrow and may point to reduced liquidity in the equity market iin the near future.

Interesting thought.

Archived