The Magic Wand Appears

If the market goes positive for the year (dow), in Jan. I'll eat my words about farting in it's general direction but, even if it should rally a bit here, it will only unwind the Dover Sole condition.

I will not be swayed. Even with an outside up day!

Plenty of gain to risk over the near term. I will reevaluate, if needed.

Don't follow me, I'm a dumbass :blink:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it one more last time:

DO NOT SHORT THE GLAMS OR STRONG HIGH FLYING STOCKS.

Rather, short the duds and dogs that no one cares about that are already going down and will keep going down cause they suck fundamentally and technically. Once a trend is in motion it is unlikely to reverse on you. Just catch them on an unsustainable ST bounce.

This is the exact opposite of the easy way to make money in the past bull market, catch great stocks on pullbacks that are already in solid uptrends.

This is intelligent speculation, shorting a high flyer in a solid uptrend is nothing but gambling.

Hi Guys,

Been lurking here reading your posts for months now - it has become an addiction. Congratulations to Doc, Mark and the rest of the regulars for creating absolutely the best board in the Galaxy if not the Universe. Mark your writing skills are amazing - to do what you do - day in and day out ?one can only shake one?s head in wonder!! What is astonishing is that - three years into the downturn - this is the only board on the web that has a realistic concept of Uncle Sam?s economic condition. As Buddha says the sophistication of the establishment's propaganda machine far surpasses anything that has gone before - if the sheepie start coming to this board in numbers- than count on it being shut down.

Doubt that there will be any soldiers entering Baghdad - it is going to be a siege - the oilfields in the North and in the South will be occupied and with clever fire-crackers being lobbed over the ramparts WhoisiInSane really doesn't have much of chance.

A question - with Shrub, the Green Lizard King and cohorts in control of a vast reservoir of valuable slimy stuff can't they keep the Nasty Dowager, Uncle Buck?s Treasury pyramid scheme/printing press working successfully for decades?- Furriners will continue to subsidize sheepie consumption in exchange for paper that they will be deluded into believing is backed by something of real substance -the gold that is black and greasy!!! (as opposed to the full faith and credit of Uncle Sam). When the time comes to collect on sheepie?s debt however, the furriners however will find that the oil like the gold in Fort Knox has all disappeared ? incinerated in the colons of sheepie?s favorite pet ? his SUV!

The sheep are hungry, the sheep need to be fed, the sheep need an Empire. Unfortunately the sheepie denizens of New Rome, unlike those of old Rome, have to administer their Empire in the Nookulear Age a task that I fear may be even beyond the Machiavellian capabilities of the Bushmen minding the Shrub. I fear greatly for our children and for us that the more we throw our weight around ? the greater will be the numbers of seething barbarians scurrying around the periphery of the empire attempting to lay their hands on Nookulear powered bottle rockets.

If you get Fleck at Real Money ( I know, I hate that Cramit might get some of that subscription), tonite's included an email reply from Fred Hickey to the dead fish that upgraded AMAT. Paints a continuing bleak picture for the supermodels based on capex cuts. Of course that doesn't matter to the HeatMappers, but eventually the conditions have to matter...don't they?

What a wild day.. :shocked

Archived