Pre-Erection Weakend

Guest yobob1

So let us not concern ourselves with China - they seem to get along quite well with or without us.

In general I agree with almost all of your post. However I beleve that to reason that "Taiwan belongs to China - it always has and it always will." is a little flawed.

We could use the same reasoning to justify myriad of instances where because something used to be part of something it still is.

I say the reason Taiwan belongs to China is because NOW they are powerful enough to make it happen.

and I completly agree that we need to keep our noses out of that one.

Uh...didn't America belong to the Indians?

yep, one of a myriad of examples

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody want to talk about the stock market???

If Kerry wins decisively, how will the stock market react?

Positively because of the removal of the terror premium?

Positively because of a fresh approach to Iraq?

Or negatively because of valuation???

If China invades Taiwan, how will the Shanghai index perform? Will it rally like the U.S. Markets did on the onset of war?

Or will the Shanghai Index break down to new 4-year lows?

How about the Taiwan Index???

Any opinions???

:lol: :lol:

wndy, I asked the same question last night, and didn't get any takers.

'course, it was kinda late, and Drano had just thrown marbles at us and took off :lol: ; so maybe it was the wrong time...

Wndy, with your knowledge of the system, perhaps you can tell us how much of the matrix-maker squad is "political". In other words, is mr. magoo political? If Kerry wins decisively, will magoo work his magic for him too? Or will he let things slide. I'm just wondering about the "dead zone" between Nov-3 and Jan...whatever day it is. Will the current "direction" of things continue unabated and undisturbed?

If so, then perhaps market will rally. There's so much denial about Kerry-co, that I can easily see a wishing-makes-it-so market-reaction to kerry winning...even tho not a single socio-economic problem will be suddenly solved.

Are you -expecting- China to invade Taiwan in the near-term ?? Some inside info? :P

Kerry has Rubin.........probably Sandy Weill......Soros and many, many

big Wall Street hitters behind him. think market is going to do whatever

...........no matter who wins................................

Bush or Kerry????????? ........already in and discounted by market.......

thing is.if this gets contested with no clear winner........then some

extra gyrations will kick in..........UNKNOWABLE........reactions

Personally, I think Greenspan is running the entire game on behalf of his bosses, and his job won't change regardless of who is put in the seat of assumed power.

His track record and his legacy are all important to him, and he's not going to stop playing the game for any politicos. We're talking the history books here, and Greenie is in the midst of defying laws left and right...not the least of which are gravity and logic.

The players may change, but the game remains the same.

Dozer.........i had same reaction to disgusting display of apathy by u.s. citizens.......after WACO atrocity...........

thought then as now, that if whole country is reduced to sack cloth and ashes

..........eating dog food.......well.........make my day...............................

Kerry has Rubin.........probably Sandy Weill......Soros and many, many

big Wall Street hitters behind him. think market is going to do whatever

...........no matter who wins................................

Bush or Kerry????????? ........already in and discounted by market.......

thing is.if this gets contested with no clear winner........then some

extra gyrations will kick in..........UNKNOWABLE........reactions

Do you mean you think they'll continue propping?

One thing I think we haven't discussed --

retail investors got burned last time, seeing no clear election result leading to market tankage. If that's the case this time, don't you think that's the one thing that might get them on the phone to Fidelity for a switch to money market funds? Would that be enough, compared to vast resources controlled by hedge funds etc., to cause a crash?

Maybe I need to buy that other GOOG put after all :lol:

Dozer:Seems to me that the matrix and whack st are in it for themselves.

This is a "Universal Constant" denoted as $x10 power 12.

When any politcian tries to remove the trough from whence doth come their wealth,they will start stamping their hooves whilst snorting madly.In the event that this does not work, they act like spoiled brats and begin crashing the market until Al or anyone controlling the purse strings can't take their tantrums anymore and gives them a zillion tons of free money.

This is usually enough to appease them and they begin spouting about how great and resilient the free market economy is and how great the US is in leading the free world in all things financial.Then it's work as usual,completing the final stages of their life's work--the great paper pyramid known as GIZA ORIGAMICUS!

Shouldn't we get some U.N. Peace-keepers into Darfur...well now you hit a nerve, yes we sure as hell should and into Zimbabwe where people are also getting exterminated . But you know what the chief opposition to U.N. Peace-Keepers is the American Government. When Canadian Peace-Keepers were over run in Rwanda where Millions were killed there was no help, none, zero. In Bosnia where ethnic cleansing was going on daily, Gen. Lewis MacKenzie the Commanding Canadian General of the U.N. Force pleaded for more troops and got none. Show me one U.N. Peace Keeping Force that had an American component just one. America acts only in its own interest Panama, Granada et al. The Turks and Greeks have been separated for 40 years on Cyprus by U.N. Peace-keepers, I have walked that line. I fully agree Millions are dying in Africa and the U.N. is trying to cope but Africa has no strategic interest for the U.S.. This is not an anti American rant you know me better than that but U.S. Governments have always, always dissed the U.N. and have always only acted in their own interest.

Butterfield, the Democratic party shot itself in the foot by turning Wellstone's memorial service (televised) into a campaign rant. Wellstone was already in a tight battle -- though clearly he would have won -- but then the Dems made the mistake of nominating Mondale to replace Wellstone, when there were other candidates who would have been more dynamic campaigners. Norm Coleman, the Repub, is popular (I've met him in a social situation and he is personally much more charming than the public persona would indicate.) I think the Repubs won it, and the Dems blew it. The Dems here (Democratic Farm Labor Party) have been in deep trouble for years, always nominating old-line hacks instead of candidates who could actually win. Wellstone was an aberration -- he just went out with great energy and won the nomination and the the Senate in defiance of his own party hacks.

The memorial was no such thing. One speaker breifly was political. Your perception of the event is the one that was manufactured for you by the usual suspects then spread out thru all media, creating a 'reality'.. I know there is no way in the world that you or anyone holding the 'campaign rant' view can be swayed from it. It's the 'reality' now, everyone says so.

The Reagan memorial(s) were far more political. The media coverage of the whole thing was one long political circle jerk. (Never fond of Nancy at least she had the sense to bar Ollie North from the official memorial. )

Nominating Mondale was insane. I've often wondered if Alan Page would have taken it? Not being very familiar with MN I'm not sure if he is or ever was a partisan figure or if he could have been offered it, or would have taken it.

Coleman is the perfect empty suit. #*%^ charm. CHARM!!!. shit.

On the other hand, If you want to discuss the accidental death of Paul Wellstone, it will have to be by email. Violation of Rule # 11.

That was accidental ? I didn't know that...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone mentioned the Plame case today. I think I mentioned that thurs or fri too. I'd hoped it would've moved forward more, before the erection; but it doesn't look meant to be. Anyway, this article from August covers what might come of it...

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/...ds_change.shtml

If that's not the one, look over the main page of that site....they've been keeping tabs on this case.

There's also some excellent coverage of peak-oil there, with an especially important essay regarding food.... "Eating Oil" or a title similar to that.

Drano........yup i guess they continue. which to me has meant everything has been geared to BIG BANKING.........Greenspan is hired gun........they

know this whole time-line of system ..ala Hypertiger is close.

Plan as i see it is geared for the big boys to swoop the assets and

CONsolidate.........ALL the victum banks into their cluthes.

TOTAL control of all banking and money by Federal Reserve System.

not Mastercard...............MASTERPLAN.

But where is all the rest of the world too? The sad fact is, it's Muslims who are behind the genocide, and EVERY country is afraid to speak up for the black Africans who are the target....

because of oil. :(

Drano...go one step further.

Who is behind making it appear that Muslims are behind the genocide?

Why do these issues only arise in countries with oil?

Can you name any other recent examples of Muslims appearing to cause us harm that has led to us invading an oil rich nation?

Shell oil gets "attacked" and in comes the Cavalry.

Do the math.

Butterfield, the Democratic party shot itself in the foot by turning Wellstone's memorial service (televised) into a campaign rant. Wellstone was already in a tight battle -- though clearly he would have won -- but then the Dems made the mistake of nominating Mondale to replace Wellstone, when there were other candidates who would have been more dynamic campaigners. Norm Coleman, the Repub, is popular (I've met him in a social situation and he is personally much more charming than the public persona would indicate.) I think the Repubs won it, and the Dems blew it. The Dems here (Democratic Farm Labor Party) have been in deep trouble for years, always nominating old-line hacks instead of candidates who could actually win. Wellstone was an aberration -- he just went out with great energy and won the nomination and the the Senate in defiance of his own party hacks.

The memorial was no such thing. One speaker breifly was political. Your perception of the event is the one that was manufactured for you by the usual suspects then spread out thru all media, creating a 'reality'.. I know there is no way in the world that you or anyone holding the 'campaign rant' view can be swayed from it. It's the 'reality' now, everyone says so.

The Reagan memorial(s) were far more political. The media coverage of the whole thing was on long political circle jerk.

Nominating Mondale was insane. I've often wondered if Alan Page would have taken it? Not being very familiar with MN I'm not sure if he is or ever was a partisan figure or if he could have been offered it, or would have taken it.

Coleman is the perfect empty suit.

I don't agree. I watched the memorial service and was so grossed out by it that I had to turn it off. And I was a Wellstone supporter.

Alan Page would never have taken it. I think he perceives -- correctly IMO -- that he can do more in the judicial system.

There were plenty of other people who could have taken over. But no -- we had to get a guy who probably didn't really want it, and who looked tired and enervated through what was left of the campaign period.

I couldn't watch the Reagan funeral either. Happened to turn it on right when they zoomed in on Nancy Reagan crying on the coffin. Say what you will about Reagan himself, but a close-up of an old lady's grief is a disgusting new low, even for American TV. She, and we, deserved better treatment than that.

right on the money plunger

Speaking o' which...

1) How important is -foreign- money to overall market-support?

2) What will IT do on Wednesday?

I believe, if shrub gets in, f-money bails even faster. If K. gets in, f-money STILL continues bailing; although probably without any sudden increase.

My question is; is it important to the market or not? Or can the matrix make up for any loss of f-money?

Archived