B4 The Bell, Moonday, June 28

10:35am? ?  U.S. SUPREME COURT: AMERICANS CAN BE HELD WITHOUT TRIAL

Say goodbye to freedom, liberty and justice as we know it. Now, it's the government against the people. Outrageous.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE????????????????????

America wake up!

Social 'outrage' left with the Yippies in America. Today outrage is linked to declining 401Ks and the stock market and even that is muted in a wave of fear, uncertainty and doubt. Fear about terrorism, fraud, uncertainty over what to do, doubt anything will work including cleaning up corporate fraud. So...we buy more houses and cars.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1.75B net repo add via 4-day repo of 5.75B.

I see 2.75B add (5.75-3). Expect a lot more the next two days.

On the Supreme Court - this is really bad. :angry: I don't see the need to hold person without trial - as they have already authorzied secret trial proceedings in the event national security is at stake. This case peratined to those detainees where national secuirty was involved.

I think this will continue to erode the frequently mentioned "safe haven" status of investing in the US.

10:35am    U.S. SUPREME COURT: AMERICANS CAN BE HELD WITHOUT TRIAL

Say goodbye to freedom, liberty and justice as we know it. Now, it's the government against the people. Outrageous.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE????????????????????

America wake up!

Yes, a very troubling headline.

Of course, the DETAILS from today's rulings are a bit more nuanced & complicated....

They have already "jammed" this thing no less then 10 times so far today

No weakness whatsoever is tolerated after the manufactured overnight miracle starting at 1830 last night.

Now they are rotating back to the metals. Silver once again being knocked senseless after early strength overseas.

How many flagpole rallies will it take before bears are convinced it is a lost cause fighting the goons in an election year?

They need a validation rally today to instill confidence in the masses with regards to the great job that has been done in Iraq.

No way they allow any serious damage before the election...no way.

I will continue to load up on metals until power is maintained.

The stock market bubble and the housing bubble served to suck in the vast majority of Americans...by design...the result of which is a population complicit in their own demise. The truth is far too expensive to hear.

w/the trading range in the broads continuing, thought these comments from reminiscenses of a stock operator are relevent: "Not so long ago I was with a party of friends. They got to talking wheat. Some of them were bullish and others bearish. Finally they asked me what I thought. Well I had been studying the market for some time? So I said: "If you want to make some money out of wheat I can tell you how to do it. If you are sure you wish to make money in wheat just watch it. Wait. The moment it crosses $1.20 buy it and you will get a nice quick play in it." Why not buy it now, at $1.14? One of the party asked. "Because I don't know yet that it is going up at all." Then why buy it at $1.20? It seems a mighty high price. "Do you wish to gamble blindly in the hope of getting a great big profit or do you wish to speculate intelligently and get a smaller but much more probable profit?" They all said they wanted the smaller but surer profit?

I had watched it for a long time. For months it sold between $1.10 and $1.20, getting nowhere in particular. Well, sir, one day it closed at above $1.19. I got ready for it. Sure enough the next day it opened at $1.20-1/2, and I bought. It went to $1.21, to $1.22, to $1.23, to $1.25, and I went with it.

Now I couldn't have told you at the time just what was going on. I didn't get any explanations about its behaviour during the course of the limited fluctuations. I couldn't tell whether the breaking through the limit would be up through $1.20 or down through $1.10, though I suspected it would be up because there was not enough wheat in the world for a big break in price?

"It is surprising how many experienced traders there are who look incredulous when I tell them that when I buy stocks for a rise I like to pay top prices and when I sell I must sell low or not at all. It would not be so difficult to make money if a trader always stuck to his speculative guns --that is, waited for the line of least resistance to define itself and began buying only when the tape said up or selling only when it said down. He should accumulate his line on the way up. Let him buy one-fifth of his full line. If that does not show him a profit he must not increase his holdings because he has obviously begun wrong; he is wrong temporarily and there is no profit in being wrong at any time. The same tape that said UP did not necessarily lie merely because it is now saying NOT YET." dharma

yep, it's hypothetical - for the time being.

i was imagining sometime next year, when the saudi regime is falling apart and has requested 'help'....and the incessant iraqi insurgency has turned the entire country into a war zone except the wells & refineries, which are heavily guarded and under constant attack....and iran is seizing the opportunity to up the nuclear ante....and it starts to look more like a regional war coming into full blossom.

the speech was given by joseph goebbels to a rapturous berlin audience in february 1943. i just swapped in the countries and enemies.

HHH is up another 2.5% today...Silver DOWN 2.5%

The appetite for risk is growing exponentially

FNM FRE CFC acting like Greenscum is cutting on Wed

The 10 year yield is up 1.4%

Oil Down 1.52

I guess the market is saying the NEW Iraq government have conquered risk to supply

Expecting a huge gold slapdown anytime now...

i was imagining sometime next year, when the saudi regime is falling apart and has requested 'help'....and the incessant iraqi insurgency has turned the entire country into a war zone except the wells & refineries, which are heavily guarded and under constant attack....and iran is seizing the opportunity to up the nuclear ante....and it starts to look more like a regional war coming into full blossom.

the speech was given by joseph goebbels to a rapturous berlin audience in february 1943. i just swapped in the countries and enemies.

We're coming full circle.

Great find(the text).I forgot to read your intro before reading the text.No wonder it seemed real--it exists.And I could imagine Dick saying that.Good exercise!

Captured US Soldier Maupin Executed

Jun 28, 2004

JUS News Desk

Today at 0945hrs Pfc. Matt Maupin, 20, of Batavia, Ohio, held in Iraq was executed. Maupin was a member of the 724th Transportation company, was captured April 9. His convoy was attacked by Iraqi resistance fighters using rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons.

According to military representatives close to the Maupin family, Al Jazeera has a videotape of Maupin being shot which they have not yet aired due to the "festivities" in Iraq.

http://www.jihadunspun.com/intheatre_inter...list=/home.php&

:cry:

Archived