B4 The Bell Moonday September 27

Hiding Bear

OK, this is sitting at an almost perfect 32% retrace today.

While I agree with the general feeling on the board that the market is weak, and likely headed down, I'm not yet convinced to do more than play witha couple of contracts and watch.

The COT report suggests big buying going on by the commercials. A number of other sentiment type indicators, which I generally don't like much, also suggest that the big money and commercials are buying this stuff, not selling. As is typical in these situations, small traders and the public are selling. Someone will be wrong.

I judst don't care what the market SHOULD do, if only there was justice in the world. There isn't.

As the old rule goes, they take it down in order to push it up. I'm personally going to wait longer before committing a bigger chunk of money to the indices.

I just don't trust that the market is being cooperative and predictable this week. It looks more like a set-up to trap bears to me.

Just my opinion, and how I'm trading today.

post-20-1096304870.gif

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is "old" news,  but how long will folks stand pat while the municipal employees take all the loot?  http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0...4513235,00.html

my computer geek is like 70 yo.... he retired from marshals' office - he said his bennies in the first 2.5 years of retirement completely covered the total amount he paid in while working. how long does that last with low yields for pension funds?

almost forgot: he gets full medical paid by someone and the floor on annual COLA is 3%. great deal - for him.

RCL

Royal Caribbean announces that Port Canaveral-based Mariner of the Seas, normally scheduled to depart Sunday on a seven-night cruise, will delay its return from its current sailing. Folks onboard now get an extra day of cruising as the ship will return on Monday (at approximately midday or late afternoon). Passengers slated to sail Sunday will now of course sail Monday and the cruise line says the ship will delay its departure until 9 p.m. It will of course sail a shortened itinerary and compensation will be provided.

In other Royal Caribbean news, Miami-based Explorer of the Seas will not return to port until Monday. Passengers now on the ship, which departs on Sundays, will get an extra day; those who board Monday will sail an abbreviated cruise. Same thing goes with Navigator of the Seas, which turns around on Saturdays in Miami; it, too, will return Monday -- and head out again later that day on a shortened cruise.

Century, normally scheduled to depart Saturday from Port Everglades on a seven-night cruise, will delay its return from its current voyage and its departure for its next sailing until today (Monday). Folks who sail next week will be on a modified cruise that will end, as scheduled, on October 2.

Crapvision just called a top in the crude market

PERFECT

Actually it was greenspan who just called the top in the crude market...it was the talking heads on CNBS who read his script.

He also called the top more than 3 months ago and 25% lower. :o

I think someone provided evidence here before that signed contracts, yes maybe only with a $1,000 deposit, counts as a sale for housing statistics. A casual review of the last few months ago makes me believe that is correct.

RCL

Royal Caribbean announces that Port Canaveral-based Mariner of the Seas, normally scheduled to depart Sunday on a seven-night cruise, will delay its return from its current sailing. Folks onboard now get an extra day of cruising as the ship will return on Monday (at approximately midday or late afternoon). Passengers slated to sail Sunday will now of course sail Monday and the cruise line says the ship will delay its departure until 9 p.m. It will of course sail a shortened itinerary and compensation will be provided.

In other Royal Caribbean news, Miami-based Explorer of the Seas will not return to port until Monday. Passengers now on the ship, which departs on Sundays, will get an extra day; those who board Monday will sail an abbreviated cruise. Same thing goes with Navigator of the Seas, which turns around on Saturdays in Miami; it, too, will return Monday -- and head out again later that day on a shortened cruise.

Century, normally scheduled to depart Saturday from Port Everglades on a seven-night cruise, will delay its return from its current voyage and its departure for its next sailing until today (Monday). Folks who sail next week will be on a modified cruise that will end, as scheduled, on October 2.

Gilligan Cruises has also delayed it's "Endless Happy Hour Cruise" by at least 3 hours, until it's flagship, The Minnow, returns from what used to be an island near Gonaives, Haiti.

National Props and Bagholders Day:

Advancing Issues 1,192 340 922

Declining Issues 2,005 519 1,996

Unchanged Issues 175 97 154

Total Issues 3,372 956 3,072

Issues at 52 Week High 99 17 39

Issues at 52 Week Low 48 17 58

Advancing Volume 237,820,000 10,802,000 107,536,000

Declining Volume 500,145,000 24,264,000 288,081,000

Unchanged Volume 11,488,000 1,218,000 33,583,000

Total Volume 749,453,000 36,285,000 429,201,000

OK, this is sitting at an almost perfect 32% retrace today.

While I agree with the general feeling on the board that the market is weak, and likely headed down, I'm not yet convinced to do more than play witha couple of contracts and watch.

Just my opinion, and how I'm trading today.

There is always another entry point. No hurry ;)

Plunger pointed out all the dependents on the housing bubble. Which just goes to show the longger they try to fight the natural forces the bigger the bust. What the hell is worng with a recession? They are a neccesary part of the cycle, the cleansing stage, if you will. Bottom line, the more mr bubbles magoo tried to prolong the inevitable the worse the final outcome.

Archived