B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 14

Hiding Bear

When you see the Grocers warning on earnings (today-Kroger) and the Restruants warning and the Office Supply folks.. then the jig is up the Consumer is having to make choices with less $-Tap City! ;)

I just don't understand.

The credit card may be smoke, but look at all this

good stuff we got!

post-20-1095210894_thumb.gif

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIstening to Granville. He says it's over and we see 3000 to 4000 points down.; increased inflation; rising interest rates

ranks right up there w/ arch crawford going 200% short. we all know what happened after that :o

I am NOT trying to start trouble. But, for as long as you have posted here you have been boolish. Why do you post here. Are you a bear?

Please do not read me the wrong way. I am just asking a question.

When you see the Grocers warning on earnings (today-Kroger) and the Restruants warning and the Office Supply folks.. then the jig is up the Consumer is having to make choices with less $-Tap City! ;)

I just don't understand.

The credit card may be smoke, but look at all this

good stuff we got!

Which one are you D?

Marc Faber ... I wouldn't fade him. ;) B)

-----------------

In sum, I still regard the upside potential for the US stock market to be limited and would sell strength rather than buy weakness. Still with a Bush victory now likely, the strength in the bond market, and the Dover Sole position of high tech stocks, some additional gains are a possibility.

However, bonds are now no longer over-sold and their upside potential appears to be limited too. We still like selected commodities such as Corn and Coffee, and especially Sugar and Orange Juice. Gold should be accumulated continuously, as it is the only sound money.

----------------

http://www.ameinfo.com/news/Detailed/45122.html

LIstening to Granville. He says it's over and we see 3000 to 4000 points down.; increased inflation; rising interest rates

ranks right up there w/ arch crawford going 200% short. we all know what happened after that :o

I am NOT trying to start trouble. But, for as long as you have posted here you have been boolish. Why do you post here. Are you a bear?

Why do you feel the need to ask him this? I enjoy every post the guy types. Please don't start screwing around and drive someone off... ok?

The market is in an uptrend. It has yet to turn... although you'd think from some around here that we were barrelling towards hell. The "gurus" are telling folks this and that and this and that and blah blah blah...

If the guy wants to take a jab at Arch frickin' Crawford let him.

Please do not read me the wrong way... :rolleyes:

Marc Faber ... I wouldn't fade him. ;) B)

-----------------

In sum, I still regard the upside potential for the US stock market to be limited and would sell strength rather than buy weakness. Still with a Bush victory now likely, the strength in the bond market, and the Dover Sole position of high tech stocks, some additional gains are a possibility.

However, bonds are now no longer over-sold and their upside potential appears to be limited too. We still like selected commodities such as Corn and Coffee, and especially Sugar and Orange Juice. Gold should be accumulated continuously, as it is the only sound money.

----------------

http://www.ameinfo.com/news/Detailed/45122.html

NO prez has EVER won re-election with the market down in his first term.

Why do you feel the need to ask him this? I enjoy every post the guy types. Please don't start screwing around and drive someone off... ok?

The market is in an uptrend. It has yet to turn... although you'd think from some around here that we were barrelling towards hell. The "gurus" are telling folks this and that and this and that and blah blah blah...

If the guy wants to take a jab at Arch frickin' Crawford let him.

Please do not read me the wrong way... :rolleyes:

OK.

Guest bullseatshitndie

Am I a bear? You bet I am, but I'm also a realist. I covered my index shorts in mid august when the charts proved the lows were in and originally looked for a move to spx 1115. Now, imo 1134-36 is a reversal area, again only an opinion.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just calling it like I see it. I just won't post here until the bearish trend is back.

As far as Arch Crawford, his call speaks for itself. And Granville's latest call(I didn't not listen to it) of a 4k drop, yeah, sounds great. What time frame? My point was these guys can be contrarian indicators too. Bears can't be just one sided.

Guest Icky Twerp

Sin City Drying Up CBS News Video on Las Vegas Incipient Water Crisis. . .

COLORADO RIVER: Drought may alter accord Same info from a regional perspective...

Plan to protect Lake Powell would reduce Lake Mead's share of water

The seven states that share the Colorado River are considering a plan to protect Lake Powell by reducing the amount of water that is allowed to flow downstream to Lake Mead, the top Nevada water official said Thursday.

The proposal, which Southern Nevada Water Authority General Manager Pat Mulroy said has never before been seriously discussed, could cause Lake Mead to shrink even faster than it is.

Under the plan, which could be implemented if the drought persists through the winter, 7.8 million acre-feet of water would be released from Lake Powell instead of the 8.23 million acre-feet required under existing water policy, Mulroy said.

The purpose of withholding the water would be to keep Lake Powell from shrinking further and jeopardizing power generation at Glen Canyon Dam.

It also could prevent a "call on the river," under which drought-stricken water users in the upper basin would be required to give up more water so the 8.23 million acre-foot requirement can be met.

Mulroy said the plan was floated by representatives from the upper Colorado River Basin states of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Wyoming.

"The upper basin basically catapulted it onto the table, and I don't blame them," Mulroy said. "Two more years of less than 50 percent runoff, and Powell's a dead pool. There's nothing there. That's how close we are."

. . .

Mulroy said she expects some sort of agreement before the end of the year on what water levels should be protected at the two reservoirs.

So long as the level for Lake Mead does not jeopardize the water authority intake pipes that supply water to the Las Vegas Valley, she supports protecting Powell.

"I don't have a problem helping the upper basin," Mulroy said. "If we want help from others, we have to be willing to help others. It's all about diplomacy."

That word has not always applied to Western water management, which has long been marked by bitter political fights, lawsuits and occasional threats of state-on-state warfare.

Mulroy said she is encouraged by the air of cooperation she has encountered at recent basin states meetings. Everyone seems to understand that water policy needs to be "flexible and adaptable" as the drought persists, she said.

. . .

"It's simple mathematics," said Walsh, the Bureau of Reclamation spokesman.

Excluding surplus water that is available in some years, Arizona takes 2.8 million acre-feet of water from Colorado River a year, while California gets 4.4 million acre-feet and Mexico gets 1.5 million acre-feet.

Nevada's annual allotment of Colorado River water is 300,000 acre-feet, from which the Las Vegas Valley draws 90 percent of all the water it consumes.

An acre-foot equals about 326,000 gallons. The average household in the Las Vegas Valley is said to consume about 230,000 gallons of water per year.

post-20-1095213355_thumb.gif

Guest Icky Twerp

Nothing drastic in drought plan

Arizona's first drought plan hits the streets this week, 18 months after Gov. Janet Napolitano ordered its creation and nearly nine years into one of the state's worst-ever dry spells. Its central conclusion is likely this:

We are in a drought.

The plan says nothing about alternate-day lawn-watering schedules or turning off decorative fountains or ripping out backyard turf. It imposes no conservation measures at all, mandatory or otherwise.

There are no radical proposals to shift water from the cities to the rural communities or from farms to residential neighborhoods, no blueprint for new reservoirs or water tanks in outlying communities.

For now, the plan doesn't even mention what's happening on one of the state's primary water sources, the drought-stricken Colorado River.

And that's all by design.

"This plan can't end the drought," said Sandy Fabritz-Whitney, the plan's chief architect and coordinator at the state Department of Water Resources. "It's not the panacea of drought plans. But it's a great start."

Archived