Good call by the group of stoolies looking for a nice rally today. However, the budget proposal adding $600 billion to the federal deficit is not really good news for the US$ or bond market, but who cares if it helps the market up for a few days or so?

When and if the "victory" comes and we have a continued rally, my non-technical intuition tells me that will be the shorting opportunity of the year when that ends.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon B4 has this one sussed. We had a parabolic rise on open like yesterday but today it sold off asap and now I've got a screenful of red. Niiiiiice.. Sold my gold call yesterday but I'm thinking about getting right back in with a bit more time attached. Golds have pulled back a touch today but it doesn't look serious. Dunno whether we about to commence wave III down but ANY sort of downside would be most welcome.

Mousey,

Your last sentence speaks volumes.

Alot more will be effected and some not so much.

Think profit margins.

Did my fellow stoolies know that profit margins went up in the early 30's!

You know how?

Firing workers!

First prognostication for the end of 2003:

9%+ unemployment. :cry:

Regarding the disrespect to our 43rd President and some of the offense felt by a certain member of Stoolville, I would like to let that President, who shall remain facsist ah....ah I mean nameless, speak for himself.

From an interview with the Financial Times, January 14, 2000.

"We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself."

You can look it up. :wink2:

there is no good news in this economy,NONE,ZIP,ZERO,ZILCH.there won't be for 3-5 years at least.eventually we will wake up and this pyramid will collapse to levels far beyond anything we can imagine.

people still gettin laid off left and right.

all the economic numbmers suck,no matter how they spin them.and they will get a whole lot worse.these numbers are not even the beginning of the first dip in the recession,never mind the second one.

not saying we can't go higher...we may go alot higher...temporarily.

Fart,

NOT pickin' on ya. :D But for the record, In your opinion will the lows of Oct. be broken, tested or never to come this year?

Take your best shot TE, I got no problems...

For the record, I consider it a strong possibility of another symmetrical low happening in the March 2003 timeframe.

I'm tracking the Bradley GEO 360 model which has been the most accurate Bradley model lately...

that model calls for a decline into Mar 2003 breaking the October lows, however it would be followed by a massive rally into 7/1/2003 that will be followed by another decline into year's end... ending the year modestly higher...

http://www.amanita.at/e/faq/e-bradley.htm

Fart,

My ego was slaughtered in 2001. I just wanted to see your thoughts. I am short in marh puts (in the money)and am short a few march calls, also in da money.

Tanks for your reply.

Peace brotha. Lighten up a little. you can be right. i'm just looking for a trade for me and my posse. :grin:

Buddha,

I enjoy your commentary, almost as much as Mark's. I don't know if political commentary belongs on another Stoolie board. But, as a supporter, along with a majority of Americans, of most of what this President has done, I'm offended by comments here that are market comments but are interlaced with political attacks. If I want to hear that I can go to a political board. I just think it's way over the top to call our President "little fascist" and "idiot" as you do, amidst an otherwise excellent market commentary. I don't feel right responding on this board by writing a comment defending Bush, or attacking his impeached, serial-rapist predecessor. I don't think Doc would permit it. And he shouldn't, anymore than you should be permitted to tee off on Bush that way, at least here on Mark To Market.

I like this.. You don't interlace your political attacks with market commentary..

Fart, I'm following that general script too and am not a perma-bear. Well at least we agree on something. But let's cross that bridge if and when we get there.

BTW, you said "I seem to remember that Doc and I were the only ones who thought it was a top". That's what I was taking exception to on my last post, I'll be the first to confirm that you were a raging bear on that day but saying you were the only one was a bit of a stretch. :lol:

Carry on.

Sigmoid,

Agreed: 'By all means, let's not have any personal attacks.' That was the point of my post. The Clinton comment was merely an example of parallel, repulsive content that, IMHO, doesn't belong here either. I'm a newer Stoolie, so I maybe I misunderstand. I didn't think this was a political board. But, I've frequently seen unanswered, repugnant comments about Bush. My comment is not an answer but simply a request to take it elsewhere. OK?

Guest AssMaster

Fokker: HEY! It could happen with Greenspan at the helm. With the right set of policy interventions. You just never know. Of course GOLD would be $100,000/oz so that's cool by me.

And regarding excessively scatalogical political commentary. If I can't even show CLEAVAGE in my freakin AVATAR, then you guys should COOL IT with the TASTELESS and OFFENSIVE attacks. One cannot ASSUME that everyone here shares your views. So show some freakin restraint why doncha?

Would calling the president a FASCIST or NAZI be proper commentary to be made in front of someone else's 10 year old child? Learn sum skillz...you don't have to beat people over the head to get your point across.

Archived