Happy Holidaze Weak End

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taxes are due on the sale of any "asset" sold at a profit....assuming you follow the law. Cars, boats, houses, stocks, bonds, baseball card collections, and gold.

So, if the comment was in reference to annual taxes, then "true dat" if it was in something that paid interest annually outside of tax protection.

So to that, I say "Roth IRA."

House sales are tax free profit,to a certain degree....

Muni's...unless you sell them are a good bet.But gotta be aware of the risk of holding them.

It's going to save me a fortune in taxes versus the CD's I had.But I have a fair amount of capital gains from selling alot of them earlier this year <_<

But the Muni trade won't work once interest rates go up,unless you hold to maturity .

Another Frustrating Whipsaw- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, September 7, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market staged another in a series of whipsaws last week, with the uptrend still intact, and the potential represented by technical warning signs still unrecognized. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived