Disturbation at its Finest

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Fed confirms this over the weekend, the first reaction will be a rally, I guess. Then what?

If the Fed doesn't confirm, then what?

672923[/snapback]

Any chance you can go ahead & get market update posted soon-

leaving rest of weekend free & clear :) -looking for a read on train home

later. :rolleyes:

Ok ladies and gentleman.........I am a HUGE IDIOT!!!

I had a gtc for 2000 MGM I put in over 2 months ago at 25.20....Totally forgot to cancel it.

I found out I owned it this morning when it was trading about 22.00 :angry:

When I found out I tried not to panic and put in a limit to sell @ 25.48 for the day...Had to run out for a bit and saw it traded 25.47 and my sell was missed by ONE DAMN PENNY!

Did not think the market would hold and sold it at [email protected] a little while later...took the $400 loss :ph34r: ..Not bad considering I was down over $6,000 this morning.

I need a xanax,a valium and a bottle of Patron..... :blink:

:wacko: :ph34r:

I had a gtc for 2000 MGM I put in over 2 months ago at 25.20....Totally forgot to cancel it.

When I found out I tried not to panic and put in a limit to sell @ 25.48 for the day...Had to run out for a bit and saw it traded 25.47 and my sell was missed by ONE DAMN PENNY!

Did not think the market would hold and sold it at [email protected] a little while later...took the $400 loss :ph34r: ..Not bad considering I was down over $6,000 this morning.

:wacko:  :ph34r:

672929[/snapback]

What is Patron selling for in your neck of the woods? Bot some last week for $45 (silver)...just curious.

672929[/snapback]

You're not alone. I went to close my scalp on Q calls and hit buy instead of sell. Panic moment till I got the trade cancelled (and was VERY lucky I was able to get it in without getting filled).

At least it wasn't a 100 million $ mistake like that time somebody at a big brokerage supposedly hit the wrong button. :o

672929[/snapback]

Actually, sounds like you handled a bad situation pretty well.

MrHanky,

Any idea why the gamblers went lower today...with the exception of WYNN....????

TIA

672928[/snapback]

Wynn announced a buyback which is about 30% of the float from what I read...

The rest followed...for a while,MGM and WYNN bounced in an area of long term support,but don't think it will hold for long.

This market is on total heroin...everything having 15% intraday swings.Glad I'm flat after the near miss of almost loosing some big bucks today....Unreal how the market was down about 250...then up,then back down.

One thing I learned....A stock is only worth what the next idiot is willing to pay for it! :mellow:

Growth Fund of America (AGTHX)? (-9.8%)

Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX)? (-10.5%)

Dodge & Cox Stock (DODGX)? (-18.4%)

Fidelity Magellan (FMAGX)?  (-15.5%)

Vanguard 500 Index (VFINX)?  (-13.7%)

Source: Morningstar.

Leading mutual funds, negative returns year to date. No, the average person isn't feeling pain. <_<

Source

Archived