Robot Paradise

Cap, you're welcome to vacation in my guest bedroom. No TV or radio, and I'll give you a pair of earplugs.

I'd suggest January or February to get the real Minnesota experience. I'll even lend you a down parka and pair of moonboots, for a processing fee of only $1 per minute you are outdoors.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still sitting WAY SHORT right now under 10360.. Bait and Switch over 10400..

Since current technicals remain bearish, next major support of course is 10K..

If the bears can muster up a bigger attack, then 9750 would be a lock..

Anything under that would bring about a dramtic liquidation of sorts, in which case I would plan to go all in with tremendous leverage applied using 9800 to SL.. :D

post-1121-1120358816_thumb.jpg

Inline with GTN's comments, the numbers from San Diego showed a year over year decline of 1.5%..I expect to see more areas post YOY declines as the summer progresses..

It appears that June 05 demand could be down as much as 30% versus June 04. This is the end of the "hot" spring market. This could be an indicator of serious changes in average selling price as well. The average price is down slightly - 1.5% ($8,874) from last year ... $604,363 to $595,489.

Buckle Up......

Inline with GTN's comments, the numbers from San Diego showed a year over year decline of 1.5%..I expect to see more areas post YOY declines as the summer progresses..

It appears that June 05 demand could be down as much as 30% versus June 04. This is the end of the "hot" spring market. This could be an indicator of serious changes in average selling price as well. The average price is down slightly - 1.5% ($8,874) from last year ... $604,363 to $595,489.

Buckle Up......

TOL longs scored 5x in 2 years from 20 to 100, 10x on margin. :(

Maybe profit taking can bring it back to 50 within next two years, but shorting it on margin would only be a 2x. Even buying the Jan 07 100 puts at 16.70 would only be a 3x.

But selling the Sep 110-115 call spreads could net 35% in two months

if it just stays below 110. Income $130 per $370 margin.

www.FreeOptionInfo.com

TOL 100.48 Sep_110.00_115.00 TOLIB TOLIC 1.30_35.1% 9.5

post-257-1120371635_thumb.png

Buckle Up......

another good snippet:

a year ago we were hovering around a 3,500 inventory level and now we have an inventory of 11,700. The inventory levels have been on a fairly steady increase since before the first of the year. The days on market ran 47 days in May versus 25 in May 2004.

Homeowners Grappling With Side Effect of Real Estate Boom: Sharply Rising Property Taxes

"Teri Dover and her husband Ben thought they would be able to afford a bigger house with more land two years ago when they left San Francisco, the most expensive home market in the country. They figured they found a good deal in a two-bedroom house in the peaceful, leafy Coconut Grove area for $440,000 in March 2004. But the shock came when their first property tax bill came a few months later -- more than $9,200 a year, nearly double what they paid in their old home."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

$9,200 each and every year.....cough it up!

Real Estate....the gift that keeps on givin' :lol:

Doh!

What a joke that the article title says higher taxes are a "side-effect" of the Home bubble, not realizing the obvious, namely, higher taxes were the purpose of the gov't created bubble all along

Middle class duped again!

Trapped under crushing debt,

backdoored by the taxman,

month after month after month after.......

next, their A.R.M. will get jacked up

and Ben's employer will outsource his job to India

"The average (SanDiego) price is down slightly - 1.5% ($8,874) from last year ... $604,363 to $595,489."

Let's see......I put down 10K last year lookin' to flip it, didn't even bother to rent it out first six months, then realized the $2,500 monthly carrying cost was starting to bite, and repairs and tenting for cockroaches set me back another $12K, finally got a tenant in for $1,500 a month, they paid for 3 months then punched some holes in the wall and left town, had to replace the carpets and hire the contractor again for fixes, another $8K down the drain, so if I sell it here for $595K and pay 3% commission of $17,850 then after one year my Investment <_< :lol: return (not including my time) will be......

-$604K purchase

+595K

--------

-$72,300 LOSS on $10,000 "Investment" <_< :lol:

for a one-year return of -723%

Ya can't lose in Real Estate!

especially in those Hot areas

:P :P :P

just wait til prices really start falling :ph34r:

Dow monthly

a possible scenario: It makes a gigantic bull flag, touches the 50 fibo and the lower line of the bull flag, going long there (at the 50 fibo) will be THE trade of the lifetime. At the 50 fibo i will go long, no matter what. At that level the Armageddon sayers will sell their newly written books in large amounts, everyone will clap Bob Prechter on his shoulders, this board here will have 500 different readers in IDS and so on.

IF we ever see the 50 fibo in Dow (im not 100% sure cause the 38 fibo together with former low will be very hard to crack) it will represent the chance of a lifetime.

image.aspx?f=1&id=1164824

Chart ?ffnen

Archived