Al Green on the Ropes

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim Ord is calling for an imminent, dramatic rise in gold prices and the XAU.

What would be the catalyst for such a move?

Answer is easy.

No way Al Green will let things get so far out of hand.  He'll start monetizing hand over fist, buying anything and everything as "buyer of last resort" to prop up the FNM and FRE paper.

Watch GM and F.  There will be a "Seminal Event" announced, which will Bullhorn the corporates around with a vengeance.  Maybe Citigroup buys GMAC.  Or HSBC buys Ford Credit.

Who knows?

After all, look how far Leeson has gone this time.

S & P is still up 50% from the lows, solely and exclusively based on the Leeson HedgeFund.

Do you think he'll stop now?

His ego is already inflated as it is, knowing that all business cycles and bear markets can be instantly short circuited by Helicopter Money.

I doubt he'd retire without going out in style.

That means he's going to inflate, big time.

We ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm still gaming more upside in the stock market, fueled by an Epic Blast of Liquidity.

Biggest money is likely to be made by buying small gold stocks.

KRY went up 10% in one day today.  That's more than the S & P has lost in two weeks.

I don't want to spoil the bear party.  I think the bear case will assert itself once we get some type of 4-day short squeeze that fails.  Or, when the rest of the banks and mortgage companies break down all at the same time, as credit spreads across the board start blowing out.

But that hasn't happened yet.

You might be right, but AG will wait for a crisis to appear first before doing something about it. The Fed is basically saying if you lose on FNM it will be your fault, just like they already stated that anyone that didn't prepare for higher interest rates is plain dumb. So they won't bail everyone out of FNM in advance of a problem.

Same goes for GM and F. Why should they get bailed out without some pain to the bond/stockholders? (Although bearbones has noted that owning GM bonds already has been quite painful lately).

The Fed is still on a mission to raise interest rates, and it seems like they are more concerned about stabilizing the dollar in the face of $750 billion annual current account deficits than by worries about inflation.

Associated Press

Copper Mountain to Cut Most Staff

Friday January 21, 6:04 pm ET

Copper Mountain to Cut Most Remaining Employees As It Continues to Explore Alternatives

PALO ALTO, Calif. (AP) -- Copper Mountain Networks Inc., a leader in high-speed broadband networking products, on Friday said it will lay off most of its remaining employees as it continues to explore strategic alternatives.

, , ,

Cooper Mountain was one of the leaders in high-speed broadband networking as telephone companies -- and later cable providers -- began installing high-speed lines for customers. At one point, Cooper Mountain shares hit an all-time high of $1,236.87 per share on July 17, 2000.

The stock closed down 6 cents, or 3 percent, to $1.93 on the Nasdaq, then fell another 73 cents, or 37.8 percent, to $1.20 in after-hours activity.

=======================

Ouch, babe! That's gonna leave a mark! :o

Wndysrf wrote:

"Tim Ord is calling for an imminent, dramatic rise in gold prices and the XAU.

What would be the catalyst for such a move?

Answer is easy.

No way Al Green will let things get so far out of hand. He'll start monetizing hand over fist, buying anything and everything as "buyer of last resort" to prop up the FNM and FRE paper."

This sounds like perfectly plausible FRS behavior to me.

But while it may defer an imminent crisis, "monetizing hand over fist" will have consequences for the internal purchasing power, and foreign exchange value, of the US$ that can only be bullish for gold.

I'm still gaming more upside in the stock market, fueled by an Epic Blast of Liquidity.

I don't want to spoil the bear party.  I think the bear case will assert itself once we get some type of 4-day short squeeze that fails.  Or, when the rest of the banks and mortgage companies break down all at the same time, as credit spreads across the board start blowing out.

But that hasn't happened yet.

Bears should never forget that the "final solution" lies out there in the form of the policies of Big Ben Bernanke who would drown bears in a sea of paper. From his paper on the subject:

"Monetary policy works for the most part through financial markets. Central bank actions are designed in the first instance to influence asset prices and yields, which in turn affect economic decisions and thus the evolution of the economy."

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/sp...033/default.htm

The gold market should begin to smell this out.

Required reading for bears.

Associated Press

Copper Mountain to Cut Most Staff

Friday January 21, 6:04 pm ET 

Copper Mountain to Cut Most Remaining Employees As It Continues to Explore Alternatives

PALO ALTO, Calif. (AP) -- Copper Mountain Networks Inc., a leader in high-speed broadband networking products, on Friday said it will lay off most of its remaining employees as it continues to explore strategic alternatives.

, , ,

Cooper Mountain was one of the leaders in high-speed broadband networking as telephone companies -- and later cable providers -- began installing high-speed lines for customers. At one point, Cooper Mountain shares hit an all-time high of $1,236.87 per share on July 17, 2000.

The stock closed down 6 cents, or 3 percent, to $1.93 on the Nasdaq, then fell another 73 cents, or 37.8 percent, to $1.20 in after-hours activity.

=======================

Ouch, babe! That's gonna leave a mark!  :o

Time to buy the dip :lol:

Mark:

I have a large % of my funds in High Yield, NBHIX & STHBX primarily. Have seen nominal, if any,? price decrease in the past couple of weeks.

Both of those funds are negative year-to-date in a bond market where TLT is up 2.6%.

If we are seeing the beginning of risk avoidance (and it sure looks like it) spread widening could cost you.

Here is a chart of the "B" rated corporate yield divided by the "AAA" rated corporate as of two weeks ago. It's come far but I'm betting it's over. I have not updated but will next week.

post-213-1106349164_thumb.jpg

Thanks BearBones. Great charts!

Machinehead wrote:

"'Ben, the fractional gold reserve now serves as a parallel, shadow monetary system, fully as large as the visible bond-reserve system. We now have an indestructible 50% backing for the system, should the bond-reserve portion ever falter. The shock would be severe, granted, but unlike sacrificing the whole system, preserving half of it would permit us to survive and rebuild.'

"'I get that part, the safety angle," Ben assented. "But ... where is all this fractional gold credit going?'

"'No one would have guessed it,' Al replied. 'But there's a kind of binary segmentation effect. Bond-reserve credit drives traded goods inflation. Gold-reserve credit drives asset inflation. The hidden expansion of fractional-gold credit is what drove stock and real estate prices so high.'"

I find this theory to be so unintelligible that I suspect that the entire anecdote is literally true and probably a result of covert electronic surveillance of Mr. Greenspan's office. Including the part about the ben-wa balls.

Once again, the E-Woofers at EWI continue to fail miserably.

Crude is now at $49, the OSX at a 3-year high, and the XNG and XLE within a hairsbreadth of new highs.

On November 12, crude was at $49 and the E-Woofers were call for an "imminent crash" down to the 30's.

Posted: 5:00 PM ET November 12, 2004

Sometimes, it?s not what the mainstream financial press says that sets off the bell of our contrarian alarm; it?s what they don?t say.

Take for example the last week of news stories reporting on the action in the crude oil market ? if you can find them, that is.

You see, on November 9, oil prices plunged to a seven-week low, bringing the total loss in value for the market since hitting an all-time high on October 25 to ? 14%! And the best reason the fundamental experts could come up with to explain the nosedive in crude was ?a steady rise in commercially available inventories in the U.S.? (Associated Press)

Now, if you took the time to scroll down to the bottom of the articles, you might have noticed a few one-liners -- a few ?and, oh, by the ways?-- that somehow failed to take center stage. Saving them from obscurity is our mission:

? On November 6, a Russian oil tanker carrying close to 150,000 tons of crude to western Europe became mired right in the middle of the Suez Canal, holding up 135 vessels and causing officials to close the Canal for the first time since 1975. The jam lasted for four days. (Moscow News)

? On November 8, US forces and Iraqi troops launched a full-scale assault on the rebel stronghold of Fallujah, initiating the ?most significant battle since the fall of Baghdad 19 months ago.? (Reuters)

? On November 9, Reuters Television broadcast footage of Iraqi saboteurs lighting fire to an oil pipeline in the northern part of the country.

? On November 9, oil workers in Nigeria (America?s fifth largest source of oil) announced a planned general strike aimed at halting the country?s crude exports. (Reuters)

? On November 9, the Office for National Statistics announced that the UK?s oil trade balance swung into the red for the first time in 13 years. (BBC News)

? On November 9, ?forecasts for colder-than-normal temperature in the US northeast? were officially made for the coming weekend. (Forex Market)

Last time we checked the Rule Book of Conventional Economics, uncertainty in the oil market is supposed to produce a rise in prices. Add them up, people ? just one more shock to the oil market?s system, and we?d have had a repeat of the ?Seven Plagues? in the book of Exodus. Yet, on November 10, oil prices continued their descent even further to touch a two-month low.

In the words of one very confused energy anal cyst, ?There is nothing in the market to justify the recent sell-off that we?ve had.? (Associated Press, Nov. 11)

Sorry, mainstream media, but there?s not enough wool in Scotland to pull that one over people?s eyes. More importantly, if the situation were reversed, and oil prices were rallying over the last week, you can bet your black gold that the above news items wouldn?t be side-notes. They?d be headlines.

We can imagine how a few of them would read:

? ?Suez Jam Jacks Up Oil Prices?

? ?Fallujah Lights Fire Under Oil?

? ?Cold Snap Lifts Crude?

You get the picture. Now, if you want the long-term picture on where the crude oil market is headed in the months to come, the November Elliott Wave Financial Forecast has just what you?re looking for -- along with detailed charts and unparalleled analysis on every major U.S. stock market, bonds, the dollar, gold, and more.

Get the full story today with a risk-free subscription. Just click on the button below to begin.

MH:

I'd like to express my appreciation and gratitude for the weekly episodes of the serial you've bestowed upon us.

I hope you continue each and every Friday evening!

As we used to say in the old daze, "Many tanks and dungs alot!"

(Guess we'll have to come up with something more 'proper' for the new digs when we move in. :o )

I was hesitant to post this since it would be admitting that I actually watched Crapvision. :P I usually have the sound off and just watch the ticker when I'm away from the computer. Anyway, a couple of days ago I saw Sleazy LIESman pick up a guitar and after my chuckling subsided I turned up the volume just in time to hear him sing the verse "take a load off fannie". Honest. :blink: Now after watching this I have two questions. 1. Was that a simple secret signal for those in the know to take a load off Fannie or has this site gotten me too paranoid? :lol: Secondly and more importantly, does LIESman actually have an upper set of teeth? :rolleyes:

Here's a message from joeyd, (aka Mo-Mo Monkey) over at Clearstation:

Talk about idiots----checked my wife's IRA yesterday--she had 1 fund that did 20% last year----I saw yesterday that it was down 3%----everything else was small--my IRA is 65% cash-----but at any rate I came to the conclusion that it must own EBAY--which was down 20%---I called today and guess what--Janus Twenty fund--EBAY was 17% of holdiings----they should be hung!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived