Steve McQueen "Bullitt" U-Turn

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's gotten to the point where I react to all news as bullish. Hurricane? Bullish. Terrorism? Bullish. War? Bullish. Trade Barriers? Bullish. Government coverup? Bullish. Wall Street Fraud? Bullish. High Interest Rates = Recovery = Bullish. Low Interest Rates = Liquidity = Bullish.

See it's easy.

Same here, Thor. I believe that Machinehead's to blame. Either we're at the top, or I'm finally learning.

Lots of Bulls = Bullish. Lots of Bears = Bullish. Insider Selling = Bullish. Insider Buying = Bullish. High p/c ratio = Bullish. Low p/c ratio = Bullish.

Doesn't really leave a lot of room for discussion though, does it?

This market has bonered it's way up in a near linear fashion with only the occassional slipped gear short sharp pull-back. Maybe this ends at the waterfall.

Only wish I could hear something or see the RAPIDS AHEAD sign.

"The Federal Open Market Committee decided today to keep its target for the federal funds rate at 1 percent.

The Committee continues to believe that an accommodative stance of monetary policy, coupled with robust underlying growth in productivity, is providing important ongoing support to economic activity. The evidence accumulated over the intermeeting period confirms that spending is firming, although the labor market has been weakening. Business pricing power and increases in core consumer prices remain muted.

The Committee perceives that the upside and downside risks to the attainment of sustainable growth for the next few quarters are roughly equal. In contrast, the probability, though minor, of an unwelcome fall in inflation exceeds that of a rise in inflation from its already low level. The Committee judges that, on balance, the risk of inflation becoming undesirably low remains the predominant concern for the foreseeable future. In these circumstances, the Committee believes that policy accommodation can be maintained for a considerable period. "

I stand corrected. I declared the last FOMC statement back in July to be the most retarded sequence of English-language words ever strung together in sentences and paragraphs. I was wrong, today's takes the cake. But I must admit the Fed is playing the markets like a drum with this "there's no inflation (while inflation rages)" bit.

It's gotten to the point where I react to all news as bullish. Hurricane? Bullish. Terrorism? Bullish. War? Bullish. Trade Barriers? Bullish. Government coverup? Bullish. Wall Street Fraud? Bullish. High Interest Rates = Recovery = Bullish. Low Interest Rates = Liquidity = Bullish.

See it's easy.

Same here, Thor. I believe that Machinehead's to blame. Either we're at the top, or I'm finally learning.

Not to blame anymore. I've passed the "pragmatist" baton to soup, who said on the previous page:

FOrget the news, except if it is bad , as bad news must be bought.

Now if Bare would just close his URPIX (short mutual fund) position, that would be a powerful contrarian sell signal, and would definitely confirm a top.

from a forex board:

"Debts?..Well No one can ask them...it would make U.S.A default and then THE HOLDERS loose their money...USA is the DEBTOR..not the holder of the debt.Risk is more with the holders..so people will have to enjoy "forced interests".."

well, at least thats a contrary opinion, and i wouldnt say that i totally diagree with it. Think about the biggest, strongest guy in the schoolyard..... he never has to pay back debt...... and if now someone say "but what was with argentina?2, then i say: Argentina is like the ugly guy with the big fat glasses and his name is ELLIOTT........ he HAS to pay back his debt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes so true but one day someone will beat the bully and take his place. Normally at takes over 200 years to dislocate the super power but this time it won?t take that long.

post-7-1063746575.gif

Archived