Pre-Erection Weakend

Guest yobob1

Thanks for your persistence, Mars.

I got a new name for the service sector economy.

I will call it:

The Service-Retail Economy.

Now, this does not change the fact that it is doomed. It still depends on money/credit flow from outside which, at this time, it is not getting.

Higher prices for energy, commodities, health care, tuition, borrowing etc. will diminish the ability of those working in the service-retail economy from supporting each other.

And higher prices for these necessities will also diminish the ability of the disappearing upper-crust white collars from supporting it.

So,

These cash-flow-challenged individuals will of necessity learn how to solder pipes and replace exhaust systems and cook from scratch. And as they do that, they will pull cash flow away from plumbers, mechanics and restaurants.

The Service-Retail Economy.

Has sort of a fated sound to it, no?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PACKERS WIN!  Skins LOSE!

incumbent party in the White House loses.

Uh Huh,

Not quite

Clinton 1, Redskins 0

On Tuesday we discussed the "Redskins rule," according to which if the Washington NFL team wins its last game before a presidential election, the incumbent party prevails; otherwise, it goes down to defeat. "As in sports," we noted, quoting an earlier article of ours, "streaks and slumps in politics go on only until they end."

Well, it turns out this particular streak already ended, eight years ago. According to blogger Justin Taylor, on whose posting we relied, the Redskins beat the Indianapolis Colts in 1996's last pre-election game, and the incumbent, Bill Clinton, was re-elected.

It's true of course that Clinton won, and the Redskins did beat the Colts, 31-16--but that game took place Oct. 27, eight years ago yesterday. On Nov. 3, the 7-1 Skins lost to the 5-3 Buffalo Bills, 38-13--and the incumbent president won two days later.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005819

;)

Sports is out of my area of knowledge, but isn't that Redskins situation regarding the last "home" game ? Ask Kieth Oberman, he just did a full blown segment on it and said it was still in play..

1) Kuwaiti Oil Offline.. .-900,000 BBLs a day...

2) Nigeria Oil Workers Strike. . .

Oil & Gold down tomorrow?

:lol: I don't think so Icky....

B4: possibly part of the Nickme problem?

More quakes rock Japan

NEWS.com.au - 1 hour ago

TWO more earthquakes hit the central region of Japan today, where thousands of residents are still living in emergency shelters after a major quake more than a week ago.

Purdy: tanks for the heads-up and link. From that article, it sure sounds like there is more current, active, unrest in China than we may've thought...

Dozer, from your last night's post:

Pistol, you may be right bro, you may be right.

I just have two problems with it as the "universal solution"...

1) I have never seen it work, in a =lasting= fashion...more than a few years. I read your description earlier of what you experienced, and was glad to hear of it; but it sounded like that one too fizzled out. The fact that they all do should tell us something I guess.

2) I fully agree that sentience gives us the ability to =somewhat= master our animal foundation; but imo, systems designed to -oppose- our animal nature rather than work with it, are doomed to failure; or at least sub-optimal performance. The concept of property works well. You have a plot of ground, you call it yours, you feel secure. If you -choose- to share it, that's great...but to be -forced- to share it randomly with anyone who walks in on you...that is NOT natural, and setting up such a system is asking for trouble I think.

You are making these observations and conclusions within the conditions of our current experiences and perceptions.

In these coming times, these experiences and perceptions will change drastically.

And with them our observations and conclusions.

So,

It will be the dismal conditions of a mega-depression that will urge (not force) many to share their property with others.

Many make the mistake of considering only the Outside/material consequences of a depression -- gathering and protecting My property.

The coming times will also take its toll on our feelings --on our Inside properties.

Many will simply feel better giving their All for others.

This feeling is contagious and also would be the ultimate rebellion against the moronic qualities of greed, anger and lust for power and control that we have been programmed to accept as normal.

Hard times bring out the worst or the best in people.

Everyone has a choice.

Listened to BobBrinker interview John Zogby today..

Zogby says Kerry is in the lead, and he's predicting a Kerry victory by a slim margin.

Brinkman was all over the bears again, saying that there was going to be a clear victor, and there will not be a repeat of 2000..........

He chastisted the "Bad News Bears" for missing out on 24 S & P closes under 1100 this year, which he viewed as a buying opportunity.

FWIW............

Guess we'll see how it plays out.....

Asia not acting so well tonight..................

Comments on two of PistolPoopa's posts:

1) In Russia, people tend to be extremely generous and share what they have -- because they've had hard times for so long. In this country, the highest percentage donation to charity comes from -- the poorest 10% of the population.

2) PP, do you still think the sunspot activity might cause people to be a little testy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't keep up with sports... so ya say Redskins lost, huh? :P

History predicts that with a Packers win, Kerry?s in

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/a..._15812788.shtml

John Kerry?s strongest ally in the battle for the White House could be the Green Bay Packers.

A 72-year-old connection between how the Washington Redskins and their predecessor fare in the game before a presidential election and the election?s outcome puts the Packers in Kerry?s corner. The Packers play the Redskins at FedEx Field on Oct. 31; the election is Nov. 2.

If the Redskins lose or tie the game before the presidential election, the party in the White House gets ousted. A Redskins win is a win for the incumbent party, too. At least, that?s how it has played out in the past 18 presidential elections.

Just saw the first trick or treater of the year walking through the neighborhood...wearing cammo and toating a gun.

Get used to it.

Saw the same thing in my parents' suburban neighborhood today. blech. "people forget," The WHO

EMINENCE FRONT

The sun shines

And people forget

The spray flies as the speedboat glides

And people forget

Forget they're hiding

The girls smile

And people forget

The snow packs as the skier tracks

And people forget

Forget they're hiding.

Behind an eminence front

Eminence front - It's a put on.

Come on join the party

Dress to kill

Won't you come and join the party

Dress to kill.

The drinks flow

People forget

That big wheel spins, the hair thins

People forget

Forget they're hiding

The news slows

People forget

The shares crash, hopes are dashed

People forget

Forget they're hiding.

Behind an eminence front

Eminence front - it's a put on

Come on join the party

Dress to

Come on join the party

Dress to

Come on join the party

Dress to

Come on join the party

Dress to kill

Dress yourself, dressed to kill.

China weighs in before the election

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story....0&w=RTR&coview=

BEIJING, Nov 1 (Reuters) - On the eve of the U.S. election, China criticised the "Bush doctrine" of pre-emptive strikes, said the Iraq war has destroyed the global anti-terror coalition and blamed arrogance for problems dogging the United States around the world.

In a strongly worded commentary, Qian Qichen, one of the main architects of China's foreign policy, said the United States was dreaming if it thought the 21st century was the "American century."

Archived