Staggering incompetence:

DJ ElBaradei Seeks US Permission For IAEA Mission To Iraq  

05/05/2003

VIENNA (AP)--Alarmed by reports of widespread looting at Iraq's main nuclear site, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog organization has asked the U.S. to let it send a mission to the facility, a spokeswoman said Monday.

The request to U.S. officials by Mohamed ElBaradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, was prompted by "a number of eyewitness and media accounts" of looting at the Tuwaitha nuclear research facility, said IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming.

Accounts given by Iraqis who work at the Tuwaitha site indicate that "the looting continues," said Fleming. She refused to divulge further details of the letter, beyond saying it had been sent last week and there had been no response as of Monday.

While Iraq has around 1,000 radioactive "sources" -sites where radioactive materials are used in industry or medicine - the Tuwaitha facility presents by far the greatest source of concern, Fleming said on the telephone.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My computer says  631x497

Its still a little big but not as bad.

Hope this helps, IG

Thanks. :)

Terminal wedgie keeps narrowing. When will the madness end?

Rich - do you know what a "wedgie" is in Scotland?

Close your ears gentle people....

It is when you stand behind someone, and pull on the upper band of their underwear really hard - so that it gets right into the cr@ck of your ass......forming a wedge!!!!

Dread to think what a terminal wedgie is!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich: "I need some help here guys. What size chart are you seeing here? "

No problem, Rich. The size is fine. I use three monitors.

ROFLMAZZOFF

This new monitor has a high resolution. The charts fit fine on my screen. I'd love to see them spread across three screen though. Maybe I can rent an IMAX theater? :lol:

My computer says  631x497

Hope this helps, IG

It fits perfectly now.

Right now, I feel like I have a terminal wedgie. The higher it goes the tighter its getting. It should give us some relief soon.

May NDX 1150 puts are "only" $22.00

All I can do is yell cheap, cheap, cheap. Unless it continues to go higher. :angry:

This is not a recommendation...

My computer says ?631x497

Hope this helps, IG

Rich - do you know what a "wedgie" is in Scotland?

Close your ears gentle people....

It is when you stand behind someone, and pull on the upper band of their underwear really hard - so that it gets right into the cr@ck of your ass......forming a wedge!!!!

Dread to think what a terminal wedgie is!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. You got it just like I meant it. Question is "For whom the wedgie tolls".

GM followers-

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--General Motors Co. (GM) and its financing unit General Motors Acceptance Corp. were placed on review for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service late Friday.

The rating agency said it would look at the "risk associated with GM's need to maintain highly successful cost cutting and new product initiatives" to offset pressures from falling prices and rising unfunded pension obligations.

Nothing like a reality check in the midst of a bear market rally.

T(h)anks.

96.40 lod now new 4 yr lows

SM should be CRASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

i agree - the trigger for a melt-down in our equity market will come from the currency markets (weak dollar)......

.....every heavy down day recently in the bonds was followed by usd/jpy weakness - smells like the repatriation has already started .....japan is the biggest holder of us bonds....

....watching 118 level .....getting close.....a break-down wourl almost certainly rattle our markets.....

Archived