Night Stool - Weakend Edition

richmtn

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Doc' Anals

Golden Stool

Doc's recent view that the gold stocks would remain rangebound is about to be tested. The upside cmaps on shorter cycles remain at 124. The 10-13 week cycle cmap remains at 125. The indicators are still mixed, but there are hints that positive mo is building. If 125 does not hold, the next level is 140. Doc still firmly believes that gold stocks are in a bull market and that the consolidation of recent months represents accumulation. He expects the breakout from the trading range to come later rather than sooner because of the positioning of longer term cycles, but, he wouldn't want to miss the move, whenever it comes. Unless the big picture changes, he's a holder.

Chart by subscription only.

This guys the real deal. You do subscibe don't you?

:wink2: :grin: :wink2:

Subscribe here. You'll laugh, you'll cry. you'll discover the meaning of the universe.

Guest The CoinGuy

Hello All,

Yosh, the Rydex Precious Metals Fund is symbol:RYPMX.

Rich, Being The CoinGuy, I actually know a few things about coins. So when you're hoarding those copper pennies, toss out anything 1982 and newer, their core metal is .992 zinc, with a whopping .008 plating of copper. Keep the rest...I do.

Looking forward to where your taking the night stool, this old dog is always in the mood to learn a few new tricks.

Debasing of the currency...well you know,

The CoinGuy

What, the rydex gold fund (RYPMX) is loaded up with headgers!

** NEWMONT MINING CORP COM 19.80 **

**** BARRICK GOLD CORP COM 16.33 ****

*** PLACER DOME INC COM 7.83 ***

AGNICO EAGLE MINES LTD COM 4.93

MERIDIAN GOLD INC COM 4.92

FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & G CL B 4.91

HARMONY GOLD MNG LTD SPONSORED ADR 4.76

GOLDCORP INC NEW COM 4.70

** ANGLOGOLD LTD SPONSORED ADR 4.70 **

COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENT SPONSORED ADR 4.66

I'll pass on this baby :(

I'll bet you're glad you didn't short any PMs stocks a week ago, eh? :wink2:

You got that right mighty one. My idea was short circuited by an immediate change in the cash market and the indicators I follow. On the other hand if I had acted when the thought first came into pea brain, a couple of week earlier as stated in your thread, it would have worked well. It should be a good period for gold short term.

post-2-1039364078_thumb.jpg

Another view of the S&P 500. This one goes back about 5 months to July. Have any of you bears wondered why it's been so difficult to get traction over this period? It's because we have been going sideways since mid July. What I am trying to do with longer-term analysis is avoid this situation. As we go thru this exercise the reasons for this sideways move should become clearer.

I believe Thor stepped aside in July. Perhaps if we sacrifice a goat he will tell us what encouraged him to do so. :grin:

post-2-1039366000_thumb.jpg

Yosh, no huge images, please. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 and your images makes the whole thread expand almost twice the width of my browser's window - which makes it very difficult to read, because I have to keep scrolling left and right in order to read every line of the messages. :(

Rich, great minds think alike. ;) I just posted a serries of articles dedicated to locating intermediate-term tops and bottoms to my forum.

Note that if you post StockCharts charts, you can make them "live" - i.e., they will automatically change as time passes. One problem is that StockCharts does not provide linreg channel and displaced MAs - although you can get the latter from ProphetFinance.

Getting very long-term monthly charts from StockCharts requires a bit of a trickery but is not totally impossible:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$spx,uu[l,a]maclynay[dm][pc24!f][ilm240].gif

Regards,

Vesselin

Dr. B is a little shy. Run don't walk over to his forum. Dr. B. is one of the best chartists this side of Iceland.

Dr. Bontchev's TA Forum

Report - Bearish

Important report Dec. 6 2002!

Liquidity Trends From BAC

bugsani.gif

Marketeye Chart and Analysis

Thanks you PileDriver

In the following graph we chart the loan officer survey from the early 1990's to present along with the quarterly year over year rate of change in absolute dollar commercial and industrial loans outstanding.

CIlandingstandardsplusloans1116021.png

Contrary Investor - Cool Charts and Funnymentals

For those into funnymentals the Help Wanted Index is supposed to be one of the very best along with trucking and cardboard boxes. This is what the Buffet's of the world are looking at. B)

Help-Wanted Index

The Conference Board surveys help-wanted advertising volume in 51 major newspapers across the country every month. Because ad volume has proven to be sensitive to labor market conditions, this measure provides a gauge of change in the local, regional and national supply of jobs.

The Latest Press Release

Help-Wanted Index Down Three Points

November 27, 2002

The Conference Board's Help-Wanted Advertising Index?a key barometer of America's job market?declined three points in October. The Index now stands at 40, down from 43 in September. It was 46 one year ago.

Help Not Wanted

lindsey.gif

MORE Courtesy of Mr. Mark Poyser

"Funnymentals only go so far over the short run."

"If they're pissing into a hurricane I don't care how big their hose is."

richmtn 2002.

My fianc? says I?ve been on the Stool so long I?ve got Stool Butt.

Archived