The Hot Dog Stand

TIME FOR A LITTLE BOUNCE

Brian 4 is absolutely correct time for a little bounce.

I have noticed that in this great bear market that Fall Street/Government/papers are not excoriating the bears like they did in the 30's.

(ROOSEVELT BANNED GOLD HOLDING THEN)

Is it because all the smart fall street operators are making too much money on the short side????

Love the 5 year chart for the DOW and S&P.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG chimes in with an anecdote

Of the 2003 business week market strategist survey

67 were polled

64 have all indices higher next year

3 have them lower...

Similar to 2002 poll, only more bullish this time.

So... there you have it, its all you need to know...

I suspect that high trin readings will be the rule in this phase. The 29 day trin (aka dickarms index) has a good record of reaching extremes a few days before 10-13 week cycle highs (although it sometimes give false signals.) It has a week or two to go before getting to the point of signaling a rally of consequence. Doesn't preclude a short pop before that, of course.

trin.png

Get StoolieSignalSpecial offer here only![/font]

Doc's Super Duper Fancy Schmancy Year End Weak End Anals and Foreplay for 2003 will be posted around 12:00 NY time. Don't miss it. Subscribe now and get immediate access by clicking the link below.

*Regarding leverage of gold stocks to POG*

It is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:1

On average, every 1% increase in the price of

gold leads to a 3% increase in the value of mining

stocks. You get that kind of leverage because

costs are fixed, and reserves are more valuable.

Ultimately, the industry's profits are enhanced.

Article by Tony Bortolin @ Prudent Bear, Dec 26:

http://www.prudentbear.com/archive_comm_ar...ntent_idx=18875

Prescient words from THE man:

Gold Isn't Just Something You Wear Around Your Neck (4/21/01)

By popular demand, (actually nobody asked) Dr. Stool is instituting coverage of gold prices.

Why? Because it's time.

Gold is finally basing. It is under accumulation and a long term trend reversal seems to be in the offing.

Dr. Stool thinks the current rally still has a little way to go. Mo is in gear to the upside. The six week cycle price projection is 270-272. If the pullback from there is mild, gold is gonna go.

The gold watch is on. Check back here regularly.

Guest The CoinGuy

Hello Fellow Stoolies,

Nice to see some talk on GSS, it's my favorite junior. I'm including the link to their site if you want to get on their mailing list. I will add, they e-mailed out the shelf offering in plenty of time for me to take advantage of the "dip" on Friday. I had my orders filled at 1.68,70, and 72. Also, I will add, BGO looks to have some serious support here at 1.36, I had a bid in for 3500 shares(adding to position) @ 1.35 on a limit order for most of the afternoon. It filled at 14:59:48(CST). It doesn't look as extended as some of the other juniors. I also like IamGold, but look at that chart since it started trading on the US exchange(IAG). Holy Cow! I'm taking the time to give Wheaton River a good looking over, liked what I saw at first glance.

Looking at all the posts, it looks as though there is a consensus to short the rallies, some don't believe there will any be any? I'm looking the charts over, but I will probably be taking positions real soon in URPIX, USPIX, and BEARX in the trading account. I'll just split the account up and go in slow. I wan't to see what is happening after the first of the year, this low volume is making me nervous. I realize it's the holidays, I want to see what she does after all the hitters are back at work.

Received the Hurst book on Friday, plan on spending the weekend thumbing through the pages to see if I can make heads or tails out of it.

Golden Star Resources Ltd.

Good weekend to all :D ,

The CoinGuy

Subscribe NOW!

Doc's Super Duper Fancy Schmancy Year End Weak End Anals and Foreplay for 2003 12/27/02 Log In 

This is it. What you have been wafting for! Doc's predilections and preconceived notions for 2003, which of course, he will probably be forced to disavow and deny later. But, as he did last year, Doc took a look through his trusty, high powered, Bell and Howell stock proctoscope, and lo and behold, he saw the market coming down. Yes sir, a real stinker is coming our way. 

But first, the usual road kill rundown, including intraday, short term, and intermediate outlook, as well as hot pictures of naked stock charts, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool, stoolies, log in.  If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now!

Archived