Flameout

Guest BEARDRECH

buddah

for sheer mendacity one must reread the following paragraphs in the infamous speech recently made by fed reserve governor Bernanke quoted by GORDY RINGOEN IN ARTICLE "wHAT ARE YOUR SAVINGS WORTH?" LOCATED as guest commentary at Prudent Bear.

It is around page 3 if printed but alternately identifiable by being fully italicized and begins with "........the conclusion that deflation is always reversible.....and ending with the next paragraph ...."......can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation."

I read the original speech in its entirety and focused onthe calloused disregard for foriegn bond buyers and overlooked the lying theiving slimy systematically misleading metawhorish analogy drawn between the mining of gold and the printing of fiat--im too tired to go deeper but i suggest you pay careful attention to sly way in which he equates gold and fiat throughout the paragraphs with the strategic placeemt of terms like"cheap,collapse,plummet,potentially unlimited supply,etc-- and i ask you if there is anything more disgusting in all of history's economic literature????

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: :cry: :o

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed in BEARX as of late. With the Dow down as it was today, BEARX still managed to be .02 lower. I know they focus more on the S&P than the NASD, and that they have lots of junior minors that may have helped negate any of the days gains, but I just expect more form them on these bigger down days. I just hope they have some large short positions on.

Pile, couldyaWOULDya pleez avoid the use of the metaFUR of dropping bombs in THIS milieu?

Tia.

we'll get plenty of that all-too-soon, probably. Maybe HERE, too if the GARY HARTPENCE'S of the world r rite.

oh. DEBKA reportz those TURKS won't play ball w Uncle Sam, and now, having refused facilities for ground troops may even deny US use of their air bases, FURcing us to launch a mASSive sea-born ASSault.

Betcha they see a great opportunity to crush their ancient foes the Kurds. Having tens of thousands of US troops on their soil or right over the border in Iraq would put a real damper on THAT, wot?

There's even talk that Turkish commanders have been told to keep going, all the way to Bhagdad, and that Turkey may resurrect.....GET THIS: PRE-WWI claims to Iraqi oil.

HRFF hASS noted that WWI remains the cause of much of the current tragedy in the world, generally, and in the ME in particular.

Humanity is STILL paying the price for its virulent pathologies.

This war will excite all manner of tragic ambitions and long-suppressed antipathies. It shows immense promise of spiraling out of control in a part of the world noted for millenia for it's intensity of murderous passions.

Fart you gotta relax a little, Brians obviously old school he wasnt insulting you. Personally, I think youre BOTH right. After this next big drop the techs should set up for a big bounce just like the dow did back in the day (your insights help to confirm the past repeating). It should be quite a rally and then it too will fail. Its a multiyear process that will see many of these issues disappear which validates both of your views. While the shares appear to be going up, the dollars that they are valued in will be going way down. Strange game of monopoly. I wonder if the nasdaq and the other indexes will diverge for a while? I think the others still have a ways to go before theyre ready to turn up, the nasdaq got a head start.

Interesting too, that oil has gotten so high and the market is happily going higher. It seems to me that soon the gold stocks will do a repeat of past moves and go straight up. The inflation is already out of control and soon the big money will be scared into gold. Hopefully many of us kind stoolies will be there to sell to them. Somethings gotta give soon...

I am telling you, it is the avatars.

If B4 had some innocuous avatar like say an old chinese guy with mickey mouse ears or something, nobody would be offended by what he wrote.

and if Fart... had a different avatar than an old fart with a cigar, people would be more sensitive when responding to him.

it is the avatars.

Guest AssMaster
I am telling you, it is the avatars.

If B4 had some innocuous avatar like say an old chinese guy with mickey mouse ears or something, nobody would be offended by what he wrote.

and if Fart... had a different avatar than an old fart with a cigar, people would be more sensitive when responding to him.

it is the avatars.

Of course! Why do you think I kept this avatar? People are just nicer to pretty girls...even if it's just a picture.

Perhaps people would be nicer to me in real life if I taped the cover of Cosmo over my face?

Archived