Flameout

JPM has been putting out bullish recs on gold since it was below 300. When I made my first buy at 292/oz, it was a JPM target of 325 or 330 that was credited with lifting it above 300 or so. Seemed strange then and still strange now, if the 700 story derivatives tower story is true.

One side of an investment bank rarely knows what the other is doing. Even when they do each is an independent profit center so they maximize their own bonus pool. As a general rule nobody outside the derivatives group has any clue what is going on in derivatives. They don't need to know and cannot understand it anyway.

Its very possible the commodity research group maybe reccomending gold while the equity trading desk is struggling to cover shoprt positions in miners and the derivatives desk is trying to cover physical gold.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Mark, computers are our friends.

This quote is funny.

?The risk is out there somewhere, it didn?t all get buried in a mine in Azerbaijan?, says Simon Harris, head of corporate banking at Oliver Wyman.

Sounds like the stuff you?ve been writing for over a year. But not as well said.

Buddybuddha, none of those dudes are going to do time. You need to get a little vigilante action going. Fish need to eat too.

The spike in the AM was a real joke. Good for nothing but scaring peoples shorts off.

The QLGC report looks so good you just know its all BS. Now on to MSFT and more bull.

As the worm turns

These very same earnings reports would have rallied the market not long ago

T/A rules

Cycles-Fibs-Patterns-etc is the only way to work this crap

My guess is that MSFT is outta gas. Last report a lot of their $$$ was from forcing companies to pay up front for longer term licenses. They don't have that to fall back on this time.

IBM ..........well what can I say..............They usually figure out some kind of hocus pocus to beat the street, but what kinda guidance can they offer. Prolly the same as INTC-------"uhhhhhhhhh we got nuttin"

So I think some kinda jam job or "up" day will happen this week..........not sure which day............The POG will be shaky..........The US$ will jerk up and down.................and then.................

And then I am thinking BLACK MONDAY

Daniels on the federal budget -

The White House also has projected the plan would boost the

deficit by $359 billion from 2003-2007, but said if the impact

of faster economic growth is factored in, the deficit impact

would fall to $166 billion.

So, in other words, the long term growth in the economy will not pay for the

tax cut plan after all. However all this new federal debt might help start a new

credit bubble.

Last nite I warned about an imminent Island reversal and today we got one-do not mistake this as a one day wonder the sled ride to hell for the market has begun. It is possible but doubtful for a pop to about todays highs 8854 DOW and 932 SPX-IBM reports tomorrow and their p/c ratio looks rigged way to many shorts so if they spin it right the thing will take off as the shorts cover but the broader market is sunk so don't look for much. On the Island as we speak -Nazquacks top 100 have 64 DOWN and 36 up-signifying a gap down open tomorrow. Gold also came bouncing back as a good Bull market should which is also a tell the sled ride has begun. Bernie Schaeffer who was short term bullish from the last bottom (to his credit) went BEARISH across the Board today which is another tell. Want proof Gold is in a bull market-Fidelity today increased it's holdings of KGC to 15% or 61.6 Million shares-I'm buying KGC you should too-that puts a lot of muscle behing KGC. To END and SUMMONER as we clink our glasses a toast "to the 950 Boyz" it doesn't get any sweeter than this. PILES glad to see you are fully IN. Trade Safe!

I'll be shorting MSFT tomorrow if I can get a short off over $56.

Bernie Schaeffer says pessimism is at an all time record low on this stock.

"Technically speaking, MSFT has been trying to mount a significant rally over the past three months and has climbed 30 percent since mid-October. The past three months, however, have found the stock being solidly rejected overhead at its 20-month moving average. On the options front, Schaeffer's put/call open interest ratio (SOIR) for MSFT has been dropping dramatically over the past several weeks. It currently weighs in at 0.52, an annual low. This suggests that optimism from the speculative crowd (illustrated by the prominence of call positions) may be at a peak for the year."

I'll be shorting MSFT tomorrow if I can get a short off over $56.

Bernie Schaeffer says pessimism is at an all time record low on this stock.

"Technically speaking, MSFT has been trying to mount a significant rally over the past three months and has climbed 30 percent since mid-October. The past three months, however, have found the stock being solidly rejected overhead at its 20-month moving average. On the options front, Schaeffer's put/call open interest ratio (SOIR) for MSFT has been dropping dramatically over the past several weeks. It currently weighs in at 0.52, an annual low. This suggests that optimism from the speculative crowd (illustrated by the prominence of call positions) may be at a peak for the year."

There is an old saying, "Hope is just disappointment deferred."

Even if they talk it up, it didn't work for INTL and it doesn't seem to be working for QLGC tonight. I believe we have turned the corner away from "good news is good news." They are now selling the fact, whatever that fact may be.

so i just had dinner with my dad, on his 68th birthday. he's said before that he's lost a lot of money in the market since 2000, and today he referred to the bear market as something that "we went through" recently. not "are going through", but "went through". now i'm not a dead horse beater, but i've beaten this one silly....and there doesn't appear to be much more i can do. it's a pretty rotten feeling. he's a good man.

unless an enormous rabbit is pulled out of a hat in the next couple days, the markets are cooked. we're going down. it will be shocking.

the Days of Reckoning approacheth. get onboard. there is very little time left.

Guest The CoinGuy

Alright Fellow Stoolies,

No party in the bunker starts without The CoinGuy...Cognac and claw sharpeners for all...

I'm bringing the three ugly sisters SSRI, PAAS, and CDE. Not much to look at yet, but a little nip here, a little tuck there, a little lift here, and they might turn out just fine.

Ted Butler's latest

Of course all in fun, no celebration's yet, but I am fully commited. Currently looking the charts over for opportunities(esp. BGO, DROOY, and MDG) before heading out to chase half-drunk secretaries and sip martinis. After all it is hump day :D .

The CoinGuy

post-7-1042678081_thumb.jpg

Archived