World Stock Market Trading Discussions - Motivated malaise

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there some other social medial strategy that you can use?

I've tried them all. Working Twitter like mad. The email bulletins too. Both are growing, but we're talking single digits weekly.

Truth is  boring. People want polemics, not facts. Permabears don't like me because I've been mostly bullish since 2009, and I'm always taking shots at the mainstream bull guys who are generally absolutely full of shit.  

A number of mainstream reporters from big international media follow me on Twitter, and some regularly retweet my tweets. Most do not. Dan Gross at Yahoo is one who will steal an idea I give him and not give credit. A few other reporters are like that. On the other hand Kathleen Hays, Mark Gongloff, Cate Long, Richard Leong, Paul Lamonica. Simon Constable, and a few others who escape me at the moment have been great. Ben White retweets or replies to me at times. Aaron Task replied to me today. So while there are some insufferable egos among mainstream journos, many are good people who aren't afraid to retweet or reply to my tweets. That helps. 

Sam Ro over at BI has been terrific, but my stuff just doesn't generate much interest there, and Henry is about generating traffic so my stuff gets posted there infrequently any more. 

It's no secret that I'm pretty unpopular and unlovable. Among bloggers and reporters Ed Harrison banned me. Isabella Kaminska banned me. No reason for that in either case. And of course, Zerohedge double banned me. I had the temerity to openly criticize them for their misinformation and hate mongering. Sadly, having my stuff on their site for a few months gave a big boost to my business. Ilene from Phil's Stock World has been extremely helpful. She still posts at ZH, but doesn't dare post anything of mine for fear of being thrown off the site.  She promotes my work on her new site, Market Shadows

Other big bloggers mostly just ignore me. Ritholtz has occasionally posted something of mine. Sober Look and Wolf Richter- Testosterone Pit, who are among the best guys out there also occasionally repost something I wrote, as does Financial Sense when it's something bearish. Outside of RItholtz, the biggest of the bunch, Shedlock, McBride, Webber act like I don't exist. I guess they think my shit stinks and theirs doesn't. I correspond with CH Smith, but he generally has little use for what I send him. If it's not bearish, he won't post it. And I haven't been bearish about much in ages, because of the fix being in. 

I used to send stuff to Marketwatch which they would publish, but I got almost no traffic back from them and they wanted 24 hour exclusives so that the piece was stale by the time I posted on WSE. I tried Seeking Alpha for a year, but that was a cesspool of mainstream idiot thinking from which I got no return either. They would edit out links to my site. So I stopped that.

I also met with the most successful newsletter marketers in the biz. They loved my work but said they couldn't market it. 

Archived