B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 24

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.

Not only did the Treasony dept. blow off updating the public debt on Friday, the blew off Monday as well.

I've never seen that either.

Another first.

Still have to go by Thursday's quote......

? Current? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Amount

? 08/20/2004? ? ? ? $7,341,885,233,567.71

No problem here. Friday's debt was posted Monday; Monday's debt will be posted later today. What's important is how much debt has been added in last week.

Wow.

Not only did the Treasony dept. blow off updating the public debt on Friday, the blew off Monday as well.

I've never seen that either.

Another first.

Still have to go by Thursday's quote......

Current                Amount

08/20/2004        $7,341,885,233,567.71

No problem here. Friday's debt was posted Monday; Monday's debt will be posted later today. What's important is how much debt has been added in last week.

Really?

What is it?

It's not coming up on my browser no matter how many times I refresh.

The wife and I 'invested' in several cases of Mountain House freeze dried food last year.

The thought process was "dang, this stuff actually tastes good and, unlike Dinty Moore, it won't expire for 30 years (!)"

MH food is the 'set it and forget it' of food storage.

We have 1 year's on hand for us and our 3 children.

The hard part will be what to do when all my idiot relatives who wouldn't listen show up hungry on the doorstep.

Well, actually when it comes to my jackass sister in law and her Matrix pod of a husband, I think at least 1 week of being hungry and groveling is in order...

:o :P

Thank you for the feedback.

In this era, the potential for ripoffs in the survival arena are great.

If you have found some good products, then I say thanks for testing them

and thanks for telling us about it.

I found a sale on Dinty Moore Beef Stew from a new store that was just opening,

$1.50 per can. I bought some. :P

sherlock_online Posted: Aug 24 2004, 08:14 AM

Yesterday, Hypertiger offered ideas on surviival in the coming Storm.

Did he mention to arm yourself? :o When one cannot proteck ones self

No one else will. Don't become a sheep. The takers will be on the lose :ph34r:

Look at them club the metals and jam the buck as the futures are sailing

Oil down

The only fly in the ointment

Bonds.

They will get to that later after a few phone calls I'm sure.

Power knows what it will take to win. Doesn't matter if a 10 sigma rears it ugly head, as then, an excuse could be found to cancel what little freedom remains in a country run amok.

Just spent a weekend at a 50th birthday party in Minnesota.

I took the opportunity to chat with some very well educated and well funded participants about their feelings regarding the real estate bubble, oil, the stock market and most of all debt. At times reactions to my take on things bordered on hostility. Needless to say I am now even more convinced we here at the anals are an anomaly.

There seems to be little if no concern regarding debt and the lack of fear towards such.

The media, the fed and the administration continues to cast the What me worry? spell on people that should know better. Attitudes have been molded to suit the needs of the scum that sits at the top. Individualism is a distant dream as the credit bubble has reeducated the most conservative. This is going to end so badly.

I think it may be just about time to start looking for that island.

Foreign central bank particpation at yesterday's T bills auctions was heavy, usually the after effect of US$ purchases already made.

Adding to that and looking at today's chart, one can safely say there is a concerted effort to keep the dollar up.? However I am not sure what cb(s) are buying.? The 'why' is probably to keep the dollar 'strong' and to keep interest rates from rising here.

Thanks for the input.

The part I find incomprehensible, is that other oil denomiated economies, such as Japan and the Eu, would want their currencies weaker in the face of rising oil prices.

I guess there's some complicated formula that proves keeping the US consumer engine reved is more important than the effects of higher oil prices.

Either that or it's just regular-style panicky desperation.

The central planners already know that the system is phuqed -- get that -- they know it. They are beyond the point of no return so what the hell difference does it make to them what they do as long as it buys them more time. It is still all about delay until the last of the frogs are cooked and there is no real wealth left to be stolen.

The wife and I 'invested' in several cases of Mountain House freeze dried food last year.

The thought process was "dang, this stuff actually tastes good and, unlike Dinty Moore, it won't expire for 30 years (!)"

MH food is the 'set it and forget it' of food storage.

We have 1 year's on hand for us and our 3 children.

The hard part will be what to do when all my idiot relatives who wouldn't listen show up hungry on the doorstep.

Well, actually when it comes to my jackass sister in law and her Matrix pod of a husband, I think at least 1 week of being hungry and groveling is in order...

:o :P

Thank you for the feedback.

In this era, the potential for ripoffs in the survival arena are great.

If you have found some good products, then I say thanks for testing them

and thanks for telling us about it.

I found a sale on Dinty Moore Beef Stew from a new store that was just opening,

$1.50 per can. I bought some. :P

A steady diet of Dinty Moore Beef stew wouldn't be "boring" it would be "deadly". In fact the only reason to have canned food around at all would be to trade it for as much fresh as you could find especially fruit.

Remember bottled water in plastic containers goes bad rapidly. Must be in glass in order to keep it fresh.

And why 365 days? I think if the world economy blows up it's pretty much gone for good. Anything you do today will only prolong the inevitable and, really, who wants to live in a world with CNBS? :o :D :D :D

Edit - meant to say "without CNBS"

Mars..

"Remember bottled water in plastic containers goes bad rapidly. Must be in glass in order to keep it fresh."

I have 1000 500ml on hand

please say it aint so. Can you give me an idea of the expiration of a bottle of the plastic stuff?

I'm about to raise a BS flag on that one but I can't remember to correct sources

Bottled water doesn't go 'bad'

Heck you can store tap water in trash bags for long periods of time provide you add some bleach

Archived