The Wonderful World Of Switzerland

Slothrop

Switzerland is what America was designed to be: a federal republic. Too bad our republic was overthrown in the bloodless coup of 1913, with the income tax, the Federal Reserve, and direct election of the Senate.

Isn't it sad how Americans, deprived of all financial privacy, are now incited to resent and envy the few remaining enclaves such as Switzerland which still offer it?

But that's typically human, isn't it? If we can't sing, we secretly wish that the person with the beautiful voice would be afflicted with a throat ailment, so that they could be brought down to our tuneless and talentless level.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sam adams,

now i understand you better. Just different opinion about switzerland and some other things, but no problemo.

I was two times in switzerland and even visited the matterhorn, unfortunately i made it only to the schwarzsee which is at mid-matterhorn-level, but when you look into the lake you see the matterhorn mirroring in it.

I love the mountians too, i think many people love the mountains.

But also we have to consider that the environment in which people live has something to do with their style of living. A guy form laguna beach will most likely have another lifestyle than someone from a little village in the rockies.

And the same can be said about switzerland. It is a little country with many mountains and only a little industry area around basle and banks in zurich and geneve.

Germany is a almost overpopulated country in the heart of europe.

Just an example:

here in my hometown there is NATO headquarter of middle europe and there are many us soldiers and their families. Now the army freaked out and had in mind to enlargen the military base by 500% or so. It would been almost that big like the whole 140k citizens city. The mayor just said: "ah sorry, folks, but you have to bear in mind that this is not texas here".

Fortunately the us army did understand that. :lol:

"Secrecy is the enemy of markets. Not just economic markets but political ones as well. "

- Since you feel this way would you mind posting all your personal finances for the last 10 years?  Secrecy, after all, is the enemy.

I have nothing to hide, except I'm poor.

Anyway I make a statement of general principal and taking it to a logical extreme is supposed to refute it?

When I have decision making power over others thru governmental power my financial history will be revealed. If I own interest in a corporation or enterprise which has access or control over the assets of others I expect that its dealings to be made transparant., especially in regard to any transactions with government.

Archived