Global Investors Quietly Exit Us By Yohskio Mori

Guest sigmoidoscope

Guest sigmoidoscope

Dollar at risk as global investors quietly exit US

By Yoshiko Mori

TOKYO, Dec 16 (Reuters) - The Japanese government has long been the world's largest and most loyal holder of U.S. Treasuries, but Japanese private-sector investors are no longer committed buyers of U.S. bonds, regarding the returns as too low for what they see as the risks inherent in U.S. markets.

This illustrates a potential threat to both the dollar and the smooth financing of U.S. debt, as not only Japanese but also Europeans are quietly pulling out of U.S. markets.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You a** siggy. I just posted an e-mail to my friends entitled:

The most important article EVER! Well, ok. Maybe not ever. But it is the most important article EVER!

I wanted to do the same here and you totally ruined my fun by beating me to the punch. Bastard. Lol.

Anyway, you have the ongoing bad habit of not linking the articles you post....So, at least I got to do something important. Lol.

Now, to the article.... this is groundshaking. It is the tremor warning of a Volcano preparing to blow.

The Liquidity Trap is no longer a pipe dream. It is a terrible, fantastic reality about to descend on us all. Japan will no longer be alone in her despair.

This is what Bernanke is proposing to fight. The deflation caused by the Liquidity trap. To much easy money created to much debt and now there is more easy money than ever but all the flatulent and obese debt diners are stuffed to the gills and afraid that their little house of cards will tumble and implode if one more piece of debt is added. So the money is refused and the threads start unraveling. Hyper inflation to the rescue. There is no such thing as deflation.

Either way joe-6-pack is about to get screwed six ways from sunday. Not that he wasn't already. It's just that now K-Y is going to cost to much (inflation)or be unaffordable (deflation). I wonder how long they will keep giving him the reach around before they even stop that (Tax cuts, Federal aid packages)? After all we have a war to fight and spending on that is far more important.

It's going to be a real sad day when Misto Sheepo wakes up from his slumber (maybe hangover ?) and see the market going down the tubes for the last time.

And then he pulls the sell trrigger when the DOW is at about 5000 and then the pros pull off another miracle rally and take 'er to 6500.

The script has already been written and not by the DogBoy either.

Just when Mr Market was exhausted his selling in this down (coming) phase Sheepo will sell his load of crap and the pros will take him to the cleaners again.

Then just when we hit 6500 Sheepo wil get up the courage to take out that third or fourth mortgage and buy up the shares cause its the end of the Bear market right ?

Then Mr Market will collapse like an old man having the Big One (aka Fred Sanford) and fall to like 3000 or lower.

At that time guys like Warren Buffet (those boring value guys) will start buying up good companies for the next secular Bull.

Sheepo will be pissed and never by a share of stock again.

And on it goes, yada, yada, yada.......

Which proves that the stock market is no place for the likes of Misto Sheepo.

The stock market is for Big People with Real Money not piss antz living in glorified slums and eatin food not fit for pigs like Sheepo.

And of course specs like you and me who know what bullshit looks like and know what a secular trend looks like.

Money talks, Sheepo walks.

I'm sorry but it's hard to have sympathy for people who trust the sharks that run this place as Sheepo does.

With the internet you've got vast resources of information at hand to figure out what is really going on.

And in my opinion the vast majority of folks just aren't cut out for the stock market no more than they would make decent Lost Wages gamblers.

Most people should just stick to CD's and getting an occasional furry bear for when they stick some dough in their local bonk.

"I sense a little of that lost gen-x angst in your delivery...an' I like it! "

- This is actually what scares me the most about America right now.

Many folks around my age are angry and don't know why.

They sense that our futures are collectively dim and don't know why.

They sense that S.S. cannot work but they don't know why.

They sense that politicians are the most corrupt, venal, gasbags on the planet but they don't know why.

Etc...etc...etc....

There is so much anger floating around and so few answers, let alone true desire to find them, that it leaves the younger generations ripe.

Ripe for what you ask? Demagoguery.

Whose demagoguery you ask? Like it matters. None of them work out well.

Goldilocks

Sine veritate nullus honor

Sine viribus nulla veritas

Guest sigmoidoscope

Check out the action in gold tonite.

It just cracked $341.

The dawg is flying, and the dollar is dying.

This could be the big one, Elizabeth.

Goldi, most of my GenX friends aren't angry yet. They're stupified. Asleep. I quit trying to get them to buy gold months and months ago. Only me and a couple of "activist" types I know are actually angry. Of course watching every ounce of gold I've scaled into since POG 250 go well into the green alleviates some of that anger :) Screw GenX anyway. We ought to be called Generation F... For "fornicateed over by the baby boomer shitheads and their awful, Limp Biskit listening progeny :lol:

And just for good measure, let me take this opportunity for no reason at all to say: Screw George "Sheepscrewing" Bush, "Limp"-Dick Cheney, John Asscrack, and Donald Bums-feeler. Screw the ones who own them...i.e. put them in their respective positions...as well. Ah, that felt gooooood. Almost as good as when I used to say the same about Klingon and his maniacally stupid spouse.

As someone said earlier: 341! 341! Take that!

Archived