GOLD! MAN!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear flag or blasting base? We will probably know the answer 2morrow. Anyone got a guess?

Not surprisingly, the NDX and Quads 6 Month Charts look the same ...

Both are resting right at the Trend Line off of the March Low

I suspect that the Game Plan could include a nice Correction here/in the Short Term and then Blast 'em back up for the EOY Festivities

Well.....there ya go

John Hyland, Master of UNG and USO on "Lost Money".....

Merisa: "What's the worse case scenario for UNG and USO?"

Hyland: "We shut 'em down and cash out investors, and then open multiple smaller funds [to get around the new regulations]"

A great comment from Richard Russell tday. :rolleyes:

I received this in the mail today. My first reaction was to laugh, but my second reaction was to shake my head and feel sad.

Let me get this straight -- Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it, and whose members are exempts from it, signed by a president who smokes in secret, funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

A great comment from Richard Russell tday. :rolleyes:

I received this in the mail today. My first reaction was to laugh, but my second reaction was to shake my head and feel sad.

Let me get this straight -- Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it, and whose members are exempts from it, signed by a president who smokes in secret, funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

:o :angry: :( :wacko: :blink: :cry:

Not As Good As It Looked – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, September 2, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market averages had only minor losses on Wednesday, but technical indicators continued a pattern of deterioration that suggests that the decline still has legs, perhaps long ones. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Another huge gap up in Muni-land....

I will post a chart when it is updated,Absolute missile launch....

My indivdual muni holdings are on fire,and the closed end NAV's now up about 7 to 8% in the last 30 days.I was going to sell some,but I will wait longer to let my funds catch up to the NAV's.

Still some huge bargains and big discounts to NAV's on a few funds if you shop around.

It's looks like fixed income of any type is where the money is being dumped.Always a bubble somewhere.....

I think people still want to be "in the game" but with less perceived risk,thus the rotation into any kind of bonds.

Corporate bonds have been the biggest receivers of funds from the money market mountain.

Investment Grade credit spreads have tightened significantly this year, but are still historically high. At least that has been the mantra these last few months.

The problem that I see is that the majority of investors don't buy "spread", they buy "yield", and while the spread is still higher than any time in the last decade or more, the yield is already at a level where there has been record issuance by corps.

Food for thought.

Consensus view on Wall Street now is that IG corp spreads can tighten another 100bps this year, thus the heavy sales pitches in that sense.

However, given the fact that one of the reason spreads are still relatively high is the ultra-lo government yields, there's a high possibility in my book that the "extra 100 bps" of tightening could come from rising gov yields and not from additional corp bond capital appreciation.

post-1762-1251931065_thumb.png

post-1762-1251931497_thumb.png

Archived