Keyboard kleptomania

do you have a minute to comment on net free reserves as a leading indicator of stock market

in context with that comment

You mean the trillion the banks have on deposit at the Fed? I've never seen any correlation between that and the stock market. In fact, the market collapsed as reserves were blasting off in September October 2008.

AHA, I get it! It took me a while. So there should be an inverse relationship. The stock market should rise as reserves come down? No, it doesn't work like that. The fact that they went in opposite directions in 2008 wasn't coincidental because of other things that they were doing simultaneously, but it was not a cause and effect relationship. I would not expect falling reserves to necessarily go hand in hand with rising stock prices. It would depend on the circumstances causing the reserves to fall. Could be that stock prices might do something as a correlative, or they might not.

There are other things which do directly correlate having to do with certain components within the money supply. I won't go into detail, but here's a chart which you see every week in the Fed Report.

iamge322.png

If you are not a subscriber, join specie and many other species of stoolie, and stay up to date with the machinations of the Fed, Treasury, and foreign central banks in the US market, along with regular updates of the US housing market, in the Fed Report in the Professional Edition, Money Liquidity, and Real Estate Package. Newbies get to try it risk free for 30 days. Don't miss another day. Get the research and analysis you need to understand these critical forces. Be prepared. Stay ahead of the herd. Click this link and get in RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I'm trying so hard to market my work. And you know how much I just love self promo. <_ but it just not working. i don know what have to do. a headache... tired... pee... old... going take nap.>

Maybe that will work. See you guys tonight!

In the meantime go read http://takemystockplease.com

Easy to remember.

I know what will work. A thousand point decline in the Dow. Yeah, that's the ticket.

apparently MSFT and ADBE ceo's had lunch...

check the thing out...funny also yesterday someone upgraded adobe curiously because it had a rat sheet quarter and missed.

Just discovering price.

After the internut bubble tons of stocks ended up discovering their price too....

It was zero :blink:

Archived