Weight Watchers

wierd day on fall street...rumours swirling every which way from all over the globe...the speculative intensity is increasing exponentially. seems like the markets should completely waterfall from here doesn't it? me, I chickened out....covered DJX and OEX puts on April....had to take profits as they were too good. This GW speech smells funny and I'm going surfing tomorrow; therefore, being in cash, bullion, and QQQ puts is fine with me for now..........but something just doesn't feel right.

This scenario is all too plausible: GW issues an ultimatum to SoDamInsane this evening...has a few days to prove he's cooperating or ELSE. Middle of next week, while we are all sleeping, the bombs start dropping. Wake up on Thursday, and the WAR has not only begun, but the FED has initiated one of those monster FEEDS of $20b+ and provided mr. market with a SUPRISE 50bp rate cut to boot.....then, authorities announce the capture of Bin Laden himself....all this in the matter of 24-48 hours.

Recipe for the ultimate squEEEEEEEEEEEEze.........totally engineered and manufactured by Uncle Al, the Gang of 22 and GW.

DOW Jokes Inflatable Average moves up 600+ points and shorts are wiped out. Not to say we move down for the next 4 trading days.....but a monster upside move could be engineered based on any combination of the factors above....something just doesn't feel right.

So, I covered most of my shorts....sitting on cash, bullion, and some QQQ putz (just in case armegeddon does occur, lol)....don't get me wrong now....I'm still the staunchest of bears but just had to take some profits......prudent move I guess. Guess I'll go fondle my golden eagles and watch this speech on procto......

a confused grizzly,

DW

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kidd- you are obviously well prepared you will make good coin. There are 3 markets open in Asia-Australia is getting clocked (hammer em Aussie Bear!) but Korea is getting mangled down just under 2 percent at the open. NazQuack and the SPOO'S are both down and under fair value and Shrub hasn't even uttered a word yet. Trade Safe! Oh-ya the 3rd market is New Zealand-they are down too!

.... the market may move higher in the short-term; otherwise the market will continue to move lower...

I , without a doubt, agree with you but I think we may see a power rally that will squeeze the bears into covering their shorts. The USA is getting the upper hand on the Middle East and securing the resources will only mean good things for us Americans. Tonight Mr. Bush will outline his strategy and we will all feel better.

Check out the Nasdaq and charts like AMZN AMGN EBAY. There are loads of great stocks to own at bargain basement prices.

best to you

tapeworm

oh yeh.....in the mail tonite.....2 blank checks: one from CITI and the other from JPM Chase....I will happily deposit the $10k blank check (0.00% APR 'til '04) from Chase on my way to surf tomorrow.....bahhahahhahaaaaaa.......18 inches of fresh POWder..................trade safe tomorrow stoolies.......

the credit bubble continues unabated...........

DW

In honour of all Stoolies stuck at airports due to inclement weather, we present

London Airport Announcements

We'd go and sit on the balcony at Terminal 3 at Heathrow Airport, directly under one of the PA speakers where we put a tape machine in a bag with the microphone poking out of the top. Then we'd look for a flight that had arrived in the last 40 minutes from somewhere where you'd expect people with unpronounceable names i.e. Saudi Arabia, We would then go to the Airport Help Desk with a prewritten note containing the names of fictitious passengers and ask them to read out the names over the PA system.

The passenger's names looked innocent enough on paper but they sounded like something else when read out loud.

Arheddis Varkenjaab and Aywellbe Fayed

Sounds like: I hate this f*cking job, and I will be fired

Arjevbin Fayed and Bybeiev Rhibodie

Sounds like: I've just been fired, and bye-bye everybody

Aynayda Pizaqvick and Malexa Krost

Sounds like: I need a p*ss quick, and my legs are crossed

Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet

Sounds like: Oo-ah, that feels sure better and now I need a sh*t

Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted

Sounds like: My colleague just farted, and left the room, the bastard

Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee

Sounds like: Still, I got my own back and took a p*ss in his tea

In honour of all Stoolies stuck at airports due to inclement weather, we present

London Airport Announcements

We'd go and sit on the balcony at Terminal 3 at Heathrow Airport, directly under one of the PA speakers where we put a tape machine in a bag with the microphone poking out of the top. Then we'd look for a flight that had arrived in the last 40 minutes from somewhere where you'd expect people with unpronounceable names i.e. Saudi Arabia, We would then go to the Airport Help Desk with a prewritten note containing the names of fictitious passengers and ask them to read out the names over the PA system.

The passenger's names looked innocent enough on paper but they sounded like something else when read out loud.

Arheddis Varkenjaab and Aywellbe Fayed

Sounds like: I hate this f*cking job, and I will be fired

Arjevbin Fayed and Bybeiev Rhibodie

Sounds like: I've just been fired, and bye-bye everybody

Aynayda Pizaqvick and Malexa Krost

Sounds like: I need a p*ss quick, and my legs are crossed

Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet

Sounds like: Oo-ah, that feels sure better and now I need a sh*t

Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted

Sounds like: My colleague just farted, and left the room, the bastard

Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee

Sounds like: Still, I got my own back and took a p*ss in his tea

ROTFLMAO.........................bahhahhhhhahhahhahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

funniest turd I've heard in a long time........nice work!!!!!!!

DW

There have not been any large VMA spikes to the downside in the past month that would indicate the current downtrend is ending, but due to the supportive volume we say today, the market may move higher in the short-term; otherwise the market will continue to move lower.

mv

Thanks for posting that Sweef. I love to see the different views and methodologies applied to what I spend the day watching...

That said, I hope they're not charging too much for pearls such as "the market may move higher in the short-term; otherwise the market will continue to move lower"...

:grin:

theDeepBlueSea,

Those announcements are some of the funniest things I ever heard. I have the Word doc that they were originally circulated in. Did you know they were threatened with arrest at Heathrow for that prank? I bet the cops were wetting themselves even as they threatening them.

Tanks for sharing... that one cracks me up. :D

stiffed

YEEHAAaaa, just one of those days when its good to be alive.....

Off the cliff on open and now doing the razor's edge thing so going lower, all the way to close with a bit of luck. Time to start closing out a few positions and taking profits, got some more lined up that haven't done the drop yet. Golds not exactly on fire which is a shame but give 'em time.

Great to see you back Merciless, got those fires burning white hot here...

welcome back merci, great timing. one good theory during your absence was that you were sailing around uncharted seas in a solid gold boat.

wasted lots of energy today on lowball bids on more SPX OTM puts that were ignored no matter how much i attempted to simulate a fat, twisting worm. once we crack 818 there won't be much time for games, but i'm with dire, something doesn't rattle right here. hopefully we won't have to endure too much more of this chickenshit '820 at all costs' business before nature reasserts herself. all it takes is one or two portfolio sphincters to take a big GMTFO dump and we could be off.

theDeepBlueSea,

Those announcements are some of the funniest things I ever heard. I have the Word doc that they were originally circulated in. Did you know they were threatened with arrest at Heathrow for that prank? I bet the cops were wetting themselves even as they threatening them.

Tanks for sharing... that one cracks me up. :D

stiffed

The perpetrators did mentioned that they got "rumbled" by the cops.

So that last one was done as Gatwick rather than Heathrow :)

Archived