Anti-war Rally Begins?

Covered half my shorts for profix, kept other half for lox - chickensh*t way to break even and reduce risk, I must say. BBH puts is killing me but I'll stay wid em.

I've given up being "all there (long puts)" when we dive the falls, but I'll be enough there to put plenty of cash in the bank. Crazy Al has made me extremely cautious.

"Peace in our week"- Neville Chamberlain, Jr.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just watched the newsthing with shrub and the wizard of auz. shrub looks exhausted...but more than that, his eyes are scared. i sat four feet from the tv & watched him at length. he has the look of a man who wants out, now. it was fun, probably, that first night in the stolen white house, and probably often thereafter....but not anymore. his taskmasters have brought him here, and he can't get off the bus, because the whole world thinks he's the driver.

jeez, all serious and everything. still holding all puts. firming up plans for the Maximum Weekend.

just watched the newsthing with shrub and the wizard of auz.  shrub looks exhausted...but more than that, his eyes are scared.  i sat four feet from the tv & watched him at length.  he has the look of a man who wants out, now.  it was fun, probably, that first night in the stolen white house, and probably often thereafter....but not anymore.  his taskmasters have brought him here, and he can't get off the bus, because the whole world thinks he's the driver.

jeez, all serious and everything.  still holding all puts.  firming up plans for the Maximum Weekend.

The government Office of Information Management has been getting some serious airtime. Lucky for Bush that they gave him a few lines to remember that he can alway rely on when asked questions. "Time is running out." "Saddam is playing games." "Saddem needs to disarm or we'll lead a coelition of the willing and disarm him." It would all be pretty funny is it wasn't so terribly disturbing.

If wee in the US had 200K Iraqis knocking on the doors, ready to pillage and plunder, would we not use all at our disposal to combat the invaders?

Bush loses face with each passing day, making the current situation all the more risky. Factor in N. Korea...WHAT IN THE HECK IS THERE TO RALLY ABOUT? I'm with Mark, going to solid metals when this breaks loose. Can't even trust my money in Scottrade ("Insured to 250K"...thatsalotoftoiletpaper).

Will be interesting to see what unfolds on Feb. 16.

Arch Crawford says that day will be a selling climax in stocks and a blowoff top in precious metals.

Right now the metals are going the wrong way, unless some kind of fantastic squeeze is imminent.

Sinclair is guaranteeing $400+ on gold before month's end. He's also turned bearish on silver and says to ignore the silver stocks.

So some heavy volatility and action is in front of us.

Bullinger Bands are tightening.

Volume is shrinking.

A big move is dead ahead.

The half wit at the helm and his band of thieving, war mongering geezers are going to have to spin mighty hard to invade if Iraq bends over to every U.N demand. If that is what happens they just may decide to put the effort into spinning a victory for the U.S.A and El Idioti. I don't see how that will be losing face.

Have been calmly watching, waiting, and reading this board every day. Bare is right, there is a turn coming and you can feel it as well as smell it. P/C ratio at 1.0 today!!!!!!!The time to go long again may be upon us.

16th is a Sunday. And Monday, the markets are closed.

Crawford says this is why it will be especially chaotic. He says the rest of the world will sell off on Monday, but U.S. Riverboaters will be stranded without paddles.

Maybe another big gap down on Tuesday?

More HedgeHog trouble:

Hedge Fund Failures

Archived