Give Back Friday

Although somewhat crude, the linear regression channels can be extremely effective at indicating extremes/turning points. Used in conjuction with other indicators - my favorite RSI - and support/resistance lines etc., it can be a powerful tool. I have been experimenting with it for about three months, now. To me, the key is analyzing it through mulitple timeframes. The above chart shows its simplicity and effectiveness.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B1ff, Thanks for the suggestion...I will give it a try.

Meanwhile, since the ads key off of words, I want to conduct a little experiment.

HOT, NAKED WOMEN. BIG BOOMERS, BOOTY. HOOTERS, BIKINI, NO BIKINI, NEKKID (for you southern dudes)

This concludes our test....thanks and wish us luck :lol:

Man, I just had a really bad thought. What if there is an ad for a chubby, gay with big false hooters in a bikini?

oh my lord, we're really farked observation using technical measured moves of a breakdown and consolidation:

S&P fell 300 points from 1200-900 in about 4 weeks

it has now been consolidating for about 4 weeks

it falls another 300 points to 600 in the next 4 weeks (by mid December)

radical, but nobody is expecting this and this psycho ursa major is just the kind of market where it can happen:

post-4719-1226706695_thumb.jpg

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and, well, why can't americans be allowed to buy tons of Yuan?

China's Export-Import Bonk has it bonds (New issue) overscribed by Eleven times!

click and read, and ask where the doolar would be if you could easily buy China Bonds....their currency is Waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy undervalued, but "somebodies" don't want you to play, do they..... WHY????

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=ema...id=amolR6f7zm04

the following is a snippet from the above linked article....support the site, send bloomberg money for NY city, or whatever!!

"The Export-Import Bank of China sold 10-year bonds yesterday, the first of that maturity in six years, drawing bids of 11.4 times the amount on offer. The interest rate was 3.6 percent."

are you really sure the doolar USDX rally is not ready to FAIL?????????????

11 x s !!!!

So I didn't miss much today, huh?

About the ads. That's controlled by Google. I'll have to see if there's a way to block this particular ad if enough of you feel that it's offensive enough to do so. I have no clue what possible algorithm would lead them to serve that ad here. I've only seen it show up about 3 times, and everybody sees a different ad each time the page is served. This one is pretty rare, but obviously noticeable when it does show up.

It comes from the key-word "bears chat". (which are gay,chubby,posters on various forums).

Grinch has been getting those ads for years. Since I have always read "bears chat".

Being newly married to WSE and CS brings the ads here.

WTH ?! wow, just took a look SPY open interest on December puts:

SPY 75 77,000

SPY 70 79,000

SPY 65 50,000

SPY 60 31,000

i don't think these are mom and pop traders, some smart money hedging or actually betting on these levels being seen.... :ph34r:

remember the truckload of airline puts that were bought before 9/11? the investigation was a joke and brushed under the rug... :unsure:

It comes from the key-word "bears chat". (which are gay,chubby,posters on various forums).

Grinch has been getting those ads for years. Since I have always read "bears chat".

Well, not that there is anything wrong with that! (seinfeld) If it pays the bills there ya go.

I ignore that crap just like the crap on tv radio billboards etc

IRDGAS

I was talking to one of my Mechanics today looking for a tire or two for a nearly outa work and cah buddy of mine. They have a full set used that would fit. I told him I really didn't want to go in the banking business( i'd have to front the cash ). Now that ya mentioned it, maybe I do! I wonder what the capital lower limit is here. If I incorporate in NJ and borrow this guy the 150 bucks can I qualify for some tarp?

If you can qualify for a sub-prime loan, you can probably qualify for the TARP! According to this, the actual application is just 2 pages long.

http://www.bullbeartrader.com/2008/11/gett...asier-than.html

It probably won't be long until we start seeing ads for the TARP on late night TV...

"Are you a bank or lending institution? If not, would you like to become one? If you've ever lent money to a friend, relative, or co-worker, you could qualify for assistance under the federal TARP program. Here at the law offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, we specialize in helping you recover the full extent of the benefits you are rightfully entitled to under the law. We can help you, just like we helped Zeke Johnson:

(Video cuts to clip of a redneck standing in front of a 1975 single-wide trailer): "Last year, Joe-Bob bet me that Dallas would win the Superbowl. Well, they didn't even make it to the game! Anyway, he couldn't pay me when he lost, on account of losin' his job at the mill. So I went to Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, and they helped me recover my bet from the Federal Government. After a short time, I got a check for the $49 million that was rightfully mine!"

Others are already lining up to get their fair share. Don't wait too long or the money will be gone! Call 1-800-TARP-LOL today!!!"

Like Doc keeps saying, "the more often support is tested, the weaker it becomes."

Buyers are decreasing each time at support.

Sam Seiden explains it this way:

"Most trading books will tell you NOT to buy the first time price reaches a support (demand) level. They will go on to say that you want to let the support level be tested once or twice before buying. I completely disagree with this. I disagree so much so that we make it a rule in XLT NOT to buy at a support level if it has been tested more than once. As I give you my explanation, don't just take my word for it, think the simple logic through for yourself and you will understand.

From my days handling big order flow on the floor of an exchange, how the whole supply / demand dynamic works is crystal clear. At the trade desk right outside the pits, I had the buy and sell orders right in front of me. If we were at a price level the stack of buy orders was much larger than the stack of sell orders, price would rise once the last order to sell was filled, it had to. This is the most objective definition of support (demand). You can't get any more basic than that. Other trading desks around me had the same type of orders. It is Newton's motion into mass in action. The demand and supply is the mass.

Now look back at the chart above. Price keeps bouncing off of that 7500 ? 8000 level because there is demand in that area. Each time we revisit that level however, more and more of that demand gets to buy, hence, reducing the number of willing buyers (demand) at that level. " http://www.tradingacademy.com/lessons/2008...red_article.htm

If you can qualify for a sub-prime loan, you can probably qualify for the TARP! According to this, the actual application is just 2 pages long.

http://www.bullbeartrader.com/2008/11/gett...asier-than.html

It probably won't be long until we start seeing ads for the TARP on late night TV...

"Are you a bank or lending institution? If not, would you like to become one? If you've ever lent money to a friend, relative, or co-worker, you could qualify for assistance under the federal TARP program. Here at the law offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, we specialize in helping you recover the full extent of the benefits you are rightfully entitled to under the law. We can help you, just like we helped Zeke Johnson:

(Video cuts to clip of a redneck standing in front of a 1975 single-wide trailer): "Last year, Joe-Bob bet me that Dallas would win the Superbowl. Well, they didn't even make it to the game! Anyway, he couldn't pay me when he lost, on account of losin' his job at the mill. So I went to Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, and they helped me recover my bet from the Federal Government. After a short time, I got a check for the $49 million that was rightfully mine!"

Others are already lining up to get their fair share. Don't wait too long or the money will be gone! Call 1-800-TARP-LOL today!!!"

O Kay! I think you are right. What you are saying is the Big mo-NEY is in helping other people become Bank Holding companies!

hahaha LMAO!

Thanks GRINCH.

I have an idea. Can we change "Bears Chat" to say "Hooter Chat" or even "Swedish Bikini Team Chat"?

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

not to switch topics, but,

RE in Palo Alto.

old Palo Alto is nice, but the prices have not failed. yet.

found this item, at around 2.5 million doolars at realtor dot com. notice, no mention of re taxes....wonder how much.

if Sir Templeton's forecast of the bottom being 10% of the top in the quality hoods, well, we have a bit of a decline ahead in Palo Alto...no???

http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetai...0526&lsn=19

Archived